Geno is angry

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jxc, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It's always about the money man.... Always....

2. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Yea he'll just change his name.

3. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Nope. It just a user name no big deal to me.

4. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Awww, why not? I'm told that I am much more easy going since I "got out."

5. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Fair enough. We are all guilty of using definition in a colloquial manner, so i certainly get what you're saying. I suppose it is merely a pet peeve of mine, especially after dealing with so-called college level students who cannot tell the difference to save their lives.

As an aside, can't say I know very much about applied physics in particular, but I like some aspects of physics. I have a friend who was a physics PhD candidate at Rutgers and another who has a PhD in Math. Sometimes discussing stuff with them causes my brain to hurt. But we are all Jets fans, so I suppose we are all equally foolish in that regard.

I agree that Geno seems like he isn't made of the stuff necessary to be a quality starting QB in the NFL, so no argument from me there. And we certainly don't know what goes on behind closed doors in the FO. But I wonder about the preferential treatment. It isn't that I disagree with you, but higher round picks always get more time to fail than lower round picks, highly touted picks get more time than picks with little exposure, and so on. So I wonder if perhaps there becomes a disconnect where even if the Jets begin to feel Geno won't develop he might get preferential treatment if only to try to squeeze out one last chance to save a high profile investment.

I dunno, just food for thought.... But I suppose I would look at it like holding on to a losing stock and hoping it recovers. You should probably sell and put your remaining money somewhere else, but pulling the plug is painful, especially if you told all your friends and family that this stock was gonna make you rich. Then again I would hope an NFL FO doesn't operate like this.