Geno has NOT had 2 good games and 1 bad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jco2007, Sep 23, 2014.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I don't want to, they make me cry tears of pain

He went from deplorably bad to bad... ok... I don't see any light shining that he'll turn the corner to good all of a sudden. Let him develop on the bench until Vick gets knocked out for the season. Maybe we win some games in the meantime.

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

I agree, its clear he has improved quite a bit. the issue is where he has improved isnt as impactful as where he is yet to improve. the mistakes are game changing, while the improvements dont quite have that impact.

we REALLY need him to become better protecting the ball. the issue is, our coaching staff needs to buy into that first

3. jerseyjay14

you arent watching close enough then. He has really improved his accuracy, and his reads in the middle of the field. he was very poor in those areas last season. there is a reason he was at 55% completions last year, and is at 64% this year. his yards per attempt are up as well. he is hitting more throws, throws he wouldnt see or would miss last season.

4. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Oakland: The fumble was stupid but the interception was just a great play by Woodson

Green Bay: Beautiful first half, then Decker got hurt and nobody else could catch the ball besides Kerley on that nullified TD

Chicago: Yes, two stupid picks but we'd be singing a different tune if they pulled it off at the end

5. jerseyjay14

you dont develop on the bench. you develop by getting reps. i dont have high hopes for him, but you have to see it out. its part of the bumps and bruises of a rebuild, but its neccessary. not having that discipline just leads to a longer rebuild... which is a problem, since you run into guys you need to resign while also needing to improve

6. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

Why do you think Bridgewater almost fell out of the first round? He was completely overhyped after Louisville beat Florida in the Sugar Bowl. He's basically Matt Barkley. Who the hell are Garrappolo or Savage?

7. jerseyjay14

I wouldnt. horrible turnovers are horrible turnovers... and the results of these games is pretty much meaningless and bares in comparison to the development of our young guys, mainly geno. id rather geno play mistake free football and show improvement and maturity and lose then him make mistakes and us win

8. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

Andrew Luck has thrown 30 interceptions in 35 career starts, and he's averaged just 6.88 yards per attempt. You just don't give up on a 1st or 2nd round pick after 19 games. You just don't

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Lol

10. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Not if it keeps Rex around.. I'd give geno until the SD game. If he's still screwing up and we only have the Oakland game to speak some good on then its time to save Rex's job by replacing him. Football god's please somehow bless us with an elite QB next offseason somehow some way. Thats ALL we need

11. 74

74 Well-Known Member

He also has 65 total TD's and over 9000 yards, GTFO

12. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

Because he's chucked the ball 1,323 times, which is almost 38 attempts per game, which explains the 6.88 YPA. Not to mention he's thrown 8 picks in 3 playoff games

13. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The problem is, if we wait until after the SD game to start correcting these game-changing mistakes, it will be too late. This stuff has to stop THIS WEEK. We can't afford to give away any more games.

14. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I don't know what I see in him, but I see more potential than Sanchez (not that that's some huge feat). I really can't even figure out why. I'm on the fence with whether he can be the guy here, but what I do know is that Vick is not the guy. So my opinion is why waste a season on Vick? All those complaining about dumb picks and calling for Vick makes me wonder how many of you have actually seen Vick play an extended period of time.

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Would you sacrifice a playoff berth for Geno's development? Cuz I think this team could get there if they got decent play outta the QB position. I wanna see how Vick plays. If he sucks then put Geno back in and let him get his reps.

16. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I dont blame geno for the 1st pick.. The play sucked. Its also not geno's fault that he's getting unbalanced plays to run. But then again , how many OC's are we gonna run through and keep complaining about?! At some point fingers are gonna start getting pointed and were gonna explode. Im changing my prediction , we'll be lucky to go 6-10 unless major changes are made with this once again piece of shit offense. Decker's injury already set us back to last years offense (hey, idzik..thanks). And for everybody mad at CJ its not his fault either, i know for a fact he can be utilized better than that to get production out of him. Were gonna help him end his career at this rate, stop sending him between tackles!!!

17. 74

74 Well-Known Member

So Geno's thrown the ball 777 times less than Luck but has only 5 less interceptions, 43 less TD's and twice as many fumbles. Got it, thanks for the fun facts.

18. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

The point is that even if your young QB is turnover prone (which almost all of them are), you don't pull the plug so soon, especially after just 19 games. You honestly think Vick takes this team to the playoffs? If not, what's the point of even playing him?

19. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

1) The bolded is SO true. I have already posted about it several times, but it is very obvious that a lot of people on this board never watched Vick in Philly for more than a game or two.

2) I totally get your argument. Vick is obviously not the long term solution here. He's not the franchise quarterback of the future. He's 34 and hella injury prone. At best, he comes in, lights things up and we have another 98 Vinny scenario in which, we are stuck with an aging qb who gives us one flash in the pan year of brilliance followed by inevitable decline and no security for the future. (And unless we somehow win the SB this year with Vick, this just isn't worth it in the long term) The thing is, though, you always play the guy who gives you the best chance to win. Always. And if Geno keeps making the mistakes he has made through 3 games, it's going to be hard to deny the fact that Vick probably gives the Jets the better chance to win, right now.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Vick has never thrown more than 14 INT's in a season. Geno is good for at least 1 per game but he tries for much more.