General Film Talk Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Jul 19, 2018.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Marvel hubris. I think they thought the brand was so strong that even C and D list characters would perform, just like they did with GOTG, and so they could avoid using all of their top options all at once which would, in turn, create more demand for them when they finally were made. Instead they killed their own brand and the likelihood of success even for those unused A list properties.

Cman68 likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

wow thanks for the heads up

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Seems like Marvel Studios is taking a page out of the Jets playbook, and are hoping that Deadpool can save their entire nightmare disaster shitpile of a franchise. Better hope Ryan Reynolds has a better OC. Every movie they have lined up (aside from DP3) looks like a giraffe fucking a hippo.

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I’m not even joking when I say - I would pay 50X more to sit in on a Disney Pictures creative meeting than I would to sit through just about any movie they produce. I want to watch the retard-pageant in process. Not that we don’t know how it happens. I just need the full experience.

stinkyB and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. abyzmul

I bet they have the most robust focus group facilities in the world. Next to One Jets Drive anyway. Woody has focus groups to help him decide on breakfast.

stinkyB likes this.
  6. Sundayjack

Hah.

Side note - a new game show idea: match the meeting to the catering platter. A few options - sustainable anything, organic vegetable bullshit, swimming yesterday sushi, cured meats in intestines, pork underthings and “looks like vagina”.

I’d bet anything there’s a correlation between success and food spread.

abyzmul likes this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Noticing a distinct lack of buzz surrounding the new "Dune" movie. I saw it and honestly, it felt just like the middle movie in a trilogy. Long movie for sure and if you've read the books or seen prior "Dunes", you'll notice a distinct departure from what you've already saw or read.

No where near as bad as "Madame Web", but as far as "Dune" movies go, this one is beige.

abyzmul and The Dark Knight like this.
  8. abyzmul

It was inevitable when that many dbag movie execs are around the number of 0's in the production budget. Shit wipes off on everything.

9. abyzmul

Boy Kills World looks fucking awesome. I'm becoming a Bill Skarsgaard fan lately, plus it's narrated by H Jon Benjamin.

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I was distinctly unimpressed with it, after being very impressed with the first one. Considering that I thought the books went downhill quickly after the first one, I can't see any reason to think that the next movie will be any good.

Cman68 and abyzmul like this.
  11. Sundayjack

I know this is probably going to make me look stupid, but I didn’t pick up the family connection between actors named Skarsgaard until just now.

abyzmul likes this.
  12. abyzmul

Once you realize it, it's like you have been infiltrated. They're all over the place.

Sundayjack likes this.
  13. Sundayjack

Could be I’m late to the party, but I never heard this fun factoid until today. I think I need to revisit Gladiator with fresh eyes and a new appreciation for Oliver Reed.

Actor Oliver Reed died during the production of ‘Gladiator.’ He consumed 3 bottles of Captain Morgan's Jamaica rum, 8 bottles of German beer, numerous cognacs after challenging sailors from HMS Cumberland to a drinking contest. He then defeated several sailors in arm-wrestling before collapsing.

Which also led me to this:

The day Oliver Reed grabbed me by the balls

In the script Ollie was meant to punch me in the face and say: “You sold me queer giraffes.” I’d worked with some of the crew a few months before on The Mummy, and they knew I was scared of Ollie so they decided to play a trick on me. They thought it would be funny to get Ollie to grab me by the nuts during the scene.

Ollie said: “Do you mind if I really grab you hard, to make it authentic?” I said “fine”, so he did. Usually you do the scene, they say “cut”, and you have a few minutes to reset before you go again. Ollie continued to hold my nuts during the reset. I was so frightened of him that I thought it was part of his acting process, so I allowed him to hold me while we talked about the food in the hotel.

14. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

So I watched Unfrosted on Netflix(Jerry Seinfeld) and it's bad, really bad. The movie has cameos from everyone, which doesn't save it from sucking. I should've known better when I saw the 5.0 rating on IMDB.

barfolomew likes this.
  15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I’m a fan of the hobbit and lord of the rings movies. Just saw that Peter Jackson will be doing some new movie/s …. “The hunt for Gollum”.

16. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I saw the new planet of the apes. Bad story. But great cgi. 3 hours long. Wait till it comes to hbo

17. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Upgrade on Netflix. If you like future dystopia setting with augmented humans, this was a surprisingly good movie.

Cman68 and barfolomew like this.
  18. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I saw it a while ago. It was cool

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I thought it was pretty good too. Loved the dark ending.

JackBower and barfolomew like this.
  20. abyzmul

I just started it, but I had to note that I don't ever think I've seen a production where the opening credits were narrated by a robot voice, or narrated at all really. The weird thing is, it kind of worked.