General Film Talk Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Jul 19, 2018.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

GLASS. I saw it last night. Oh boy. That is a mixed bag of a film to say the least. Hard to discuss without spoiling anything, so I won't. It is the worst of the trilogy by far, but I am still trying to figure out how bad it actually is. Shyamalan be Shyamalaning!

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I heard it was a pile of shit.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest it can't possibly be worse than The Happening.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Are we talking:

The Village — interesting until the absolute dumb fuck of a twist at the end that defies all logic of the story?

The Happening — I’m going to just keep watching this nonsense to laugh and see how much worse it gets?

Or Lady in the Water — anyone who was actually able to sit through this entire movie likely has a severe mental handicap?

Cman68 and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Well Wahlberg can ruin just about any movie where he's not playing a Boston cop.

I'll never forgive him (or the producers for casting him) for that Planet of the Apes debacle.
    Might be the worst actor in Hollywood and they keep giving him roles well past his depth. I don't get it.

MoWilkBeast and The Dark Knight like this.
  6. The Dark Knight

I guess closer to The Village if I had to pick from those 3.

7. Rollo Tomassi

8. Rollo Tomassi

Just you hold on a minute there--I'm going to goggle IMDB--he's done some GREAT stuff.

I think. Maybe. Give me a few mins.

9. jetophile

3rdAnd15Draw just said fuck it years ago and flat out exposed 'The Happening'. Something along the lines of fuck spoilers and fuck this movie, it's murderous plants controlling people. Meaning he couldn't have given two shits about 'ruining' it, because he hated it so much, hahahaha. Whatever happened to him? He was such a fun and sarcastic poster.

10. jetophile

'The Happening' was also a complete rip off of 'The Day of the Triffids'.

Week 9 discussion

Hahaha.

11. Rollo Tomassi

Some of his comedies are stupid funny--The Other Guys, the first Ted (I guess that was Boston), Daddy's Home.

He was massive as Dirk Diggler.

Outstanding as a Boston cop in top 5 movie of all time The Departed and was pretty good in Patriot's Day (so yeah you got me there).

Interesting, I loved the books Lone Survivor and The Shooter series but didn't hate him in those roles (other than that Marcus Latrell was 6-5 260 and Marky Mark is not).

Ok fine, you're right.

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

This may be the best work Wahlberg has ever been associated with (Boston cop roles not withstanding).
    Spot on.

13. jetophile

I know I'm gonna get killed for this, but I absolutely fucking hated 'The Sixth Sense'. As much as I love Toni Colette, the whole Grandma was there thing, I almost started screaming like Elaine in 'The English Patient' episode on 'Seinfeld'. I hated 'The Sixth Sense' then, I hate it now.

'Signs' was less than fair to middling, but the only scene I liked was the alien walking down the street during the birthday party. I have to admit that was chilling. The rest of it was balls, including that ass Culkin kid who can't act his way out of a paper bag and the ridiculous water thing. It was so cheap.

14. Rollo Tomassi

Holy shit.

15. Rollo Tomassi

Not a Rory Culkin fan but he was great in the Waco miniseries.

I cannot allow your opinion on The Sixth Sense.

I WILL not allow it.

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

He was great in Julianne Moore.

17. jetophile

Believe it or not, I never saw 'Glory' (1989) with Matthew Broderick, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Andre Braugher (I love that guy as an actor, he's so damn good in everything he breathes on), and Cary Elwes. Let me just say that Denzel Washington deserved every atom of his Best Supporting Actor statue. Great acting turns by everyone, including Broderick. It deeply, deeply affected me. If you stupidly haven't caught it like me (don't ask me why I didn't, because I don't have an answer, just one of those things), it's a MUST SEE. I would venture to say it's a national treasure. Wow, just wow. I'm gonna watch it again in a few months because it was that good, but it's a hard movie to take, so just giving those who haven't seen it a heads up. Then again, I'm probably the only one who hadn't seen it. o_O

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Looks like my next flick will be "Capt. Marvel". I just hope its not some #Me Too abomination of a decent superhero character. #Me Too/Ghostbusters was horrible and damn near sank the franchise like #MeT0o/Van Helsing.. I'm just hoping they gave the girl a decent script and plot. Sam Jackson is back so with any luck, it will be worth several hours on a Sunday afternoon.

19. jetophile

'Lady McBeth'. At first I thought it was going to be about female empowerment. Then it turned into kill or be killed. And then . .

She's a sociopath who gets away with it. Kind of open-ended if the social mores of the time made her that way.

20. The Dark Knight

Just watched Tag on HBO. I think you described it pretty well. Crazy that it is based on a true story. They did a good job because it is such a crazy subject and idea, so to make a full length comedy out of it and it not be completely terrible, was impressive to me. I liked the cast.

Cman68 likes this.