Gay to saints

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by drownedjetsfan, Mar 2, 2008.

1. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

On the plus side, New England's poor secondary is down another corner. That's all I care about. I wouldn't have been thrilled with Gay as a starter. I don't think he's any better than Barrett, who I don't think is all that bad.

-X-

2. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

NOLA did well this week, too, getting Vilma and Gay.

3. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Remembering Will James from when he played with the Giants - he sucked. Unless there was some serious growth since he left I don't see how he would be an upgrade to what we already have.

4. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

i really wouldn't mind all that much if the jets don't get a corner this year. Our secondary did well last year without any form of a pass rush, and now, hopefully there will actually be a pass rush and the secondary can get some help.

5. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

No reason to get into a bidding war for Gay id rather keep the money and go after an olineman.

6. KRhodesMVP

KRhodesMVP Banned

The fact that Mangini supposedly plead with Samuel to visit the Jets before signing with Philly suggests that theyre extremely interested in acquiring a top shelf corner to start opposite Revis. Youd think that if they cant work a trade for a Sheppard or Hall, they would likely use their second right pick on one(this draft class is supposed to be deep with talented corners).

7. man2man_cover

man2man_cover New Member

Too bad. He would have been a good fit. I guess now I have to change my sig.

8. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Not a big deal to me, I was never a Gay man....not that there's anything wrong with that...

9. man2man_cover

man2man_cover New Member

If you were standing in the West Village at 11pm in the evening, you would probably get propositioned.....not that there's anything wrong with that.:lol:

There seems to be enough depth at the CB position that we may still get a decent one with one of our 4th rounders.

10. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

not to mention we always had 8 in the box bc our rush d was piss poor, that should change