Gase Quotes From Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, May 20, 2019.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Just because there's a lot of dumb assholes in the NFL doesn't mean you need to have them on your team. Gase has a reputation for being a disciplinarian, and I think that's great. Neither Bowles, nor Rex were that, and look how many games we lost because of poor discipline and dumb mistakes. I venture to say that's why Miami had a better record than we did with a worse roster.

I'm not claiming Gase is the Second Coming of Lombardi, but this team needs a giant makeover, aside from the talent level. Gase may fuck that up, bit so far he hasn't, and if they get the right GM in here it has a chance of being exactly what we've needed for a long time.

KurtTheJetsFan and Acad23 like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

Saying that you have a bias is NOT the same as saying you're a biased person. Sorry if you can't see the difference, and I apologize if I insulted you.

And again, the roster moves that Gase has made, and will make, are not franchise-altering. Until he starts doing that, I'm not going to panic.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Forget about most - has any poster identified a reason why any of the moves made had to be made when they were rather than simply waiting for a permanent GM to be named which, in at least one case, may have been beneficial to the Jets?

BacktoQueens likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah great idea let's sit on our hands and let other teams sign the players we may have been interested in because we dont have a permanent gm.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You'll have to be more specific. Who are you talking about? The one punter? Because I don't believe anyone else has been signed. But Gase has been more active with getting rid of people. What's the hurry?

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The owner allowing Gase to make any player or FO moves before having a GM in place just proves the incompetence.

Ralebird and BacktoQueens like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

dude, they signed a backup punter and a 10th string wide receiver..... I think a temporary GM can manage those moves

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The incompetence came from making him temporary GM which is turn does allow him to make those moves. I can't imagine even one single qualified candidate for a GM spot to want anything to do with this zoo so in turn it will be another 4 or 5 years of the sos.

cval likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

Does it really matter? What if Edwards breaks his leg today? Why should one have a reactive mind-set instead of being proactive and ensuring you have an extra leg during TC in case of emergencies?

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Several teams have signed players within the last week. Gase also signed that WR Deonte Thompson. The punter's pretty good and played for Gase in Miami. Why would he want to risk someone else signing him? A better question is why Mac hadn't signed a 2nd punter already since teams always have 2 punters for OTAs and TC.

ColoradoContrails and Acad23 like this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Traded a former 1st rd pick for a 6th rd pick, cut one of the only TEs on the team that has shown he could possibly catch a football....in May

Ralebird likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

the Lee trade was long in the works... and I don't think we're gonna regret losing Jordan Leggett.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Like I said in the other thread.... dude isnt going to be a star, but he's young and it's not exactly like they have anyone else worth a shit outside of Herndon... and it's MAY, so why dump him now?

15. Attackett

The Lee trade was rejected by Macagnan as he rightfully wanted to hold out for more. The same deliberate approach that led to Sheldon being traded for a 2nd and a useful WR when a team got desperate with an injury. That 2nd ended up being mighty useful in the trade up for Darnold.

KC took advantage of our situation and Gase inexplicably fell for it.

16. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

The threshold for a fourth round comp pick last year was a contract averaging at least $8 million per.

A 2021 fourth rounder for lee would be the absolute best case scenario.

17. BrowningNagle

Maccagnan wanted a 5th and wasn't getting it.

Sheldon Richardson was a probowl defensive tackle, its easier to hold out for something better when the player is good vs when the player sucks like Lee. 5th or 6th round pick, were splitting hairs

18. This is a “churn em & burn em” time of year.You have OTAs transpiring meaning alot of try out type players. The second someone shows they dont belong teams dont waste anytime cutting ties & bringing in the next name available on their priority list.

This is how to ensure the organization isnt wasting time/resources, are prioritizing Continuous roster improvement & is a way of unearthing potential gems.

The optics of this practice do not allow for “waiting a few weeks”.These are quick hook, “onto the next” Camp fodder type moves.

FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

I felt dirty liking this cause of our disagreements with Lee :oops:

BrowningNagle likes this.
  20. Attackett

Sheldon Richardson was a player that’s play declined for 3 straight years, Lee was a player that was improving each year.

Either way, Maccagnan held out and took advantage of a desperate team. Gase felt the need to exert his power and gotten taken advantage of.

Ralebird and GasedAndConfused like this.