Gase in 2021

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Dec 27, 2020.

?

Will Gase be the HC next year?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    20.2%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    79.8%
  1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I say bring back Gase and Sam

let them do their thing then pick new HC and first overall in 2021 and go beast mode!

Half kidding

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Your first sentence is the usual absolute BS statement when we win. Worthless. Missing starters and all the other garbage excuses. We dealt with that every fucking week when we lost. Deal with it. Both teams needed to win to qualify and they got beat fair and square. The rest of the analysis is horse manure.

westiedog1, UK_Chilts and hornblower like this.
  4. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Would you walk away from 2 years free pay. Thats what he would be leaving on the table if he walked away. He would be breaking the 4 year contract. If he waits it out and gets let go, his salery would be guarenteed

5. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

He has got to go!!!!! Maybe worst coach in jets history. The last 2 yrs have worn down long time jets fans! We need mew direction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDFjet likes this.
  6. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Gase is gone and the entire coaching staff with him. If the Johnson's have learned anything, Joe will conduct the coaching search without their help and the new coach will have the freedom to bring in his own guys.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

This makes no sense at all. The purpose of keeping Darnold would be to determine whether he has value to the Jets as a player or to another team and the compensation that would come with it. Gase has been unable to create any value with Dasrnold whatsoever so getting him out of the picture as soon as possible is imperative. Gase's "system" has been proven to be a failure - the sooner Darnold can move on to one with positive results, the better for him and for the Jets.

Pepsiguy5 and dawinner127 like this.
  8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

We need to lock up this OC genius/QB whisperer in readiness for our new QB draft pick.

Peyton Manning would have been Jimmy Clausen without him.

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The complete lack of faith that I have in ownership is the reason why this thought permeates throughout my mind. How can anyone be so confident in ownership to make the right decision?

Jets79 likes this.
  10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Your team playing hard for you should be the bare minimum expected of a coach. I am fully confident by this time next week the Jets HC position will be open. I wish I was that confident that it will be filled by a good HC.

11. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

This, while true and I guess a credit to Gase, is what makes me nervous. I think Gase should be replaced for sure but I'm concerned there is a chance that JD may evaluate things this way.

And who knows... maybe he's right. But at this point I don't want to even give Gase the chance to show it.

Jets79 likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and the record doesn't count???? Team played hard for Kotite too and got steamrolled.

13. Cman68

That's where the "honor" part comes in. Gase is already a millionaire. He could resign and the Johnsons wouldn't put up a fight to make him honor that contract either. He would be doing them a huge favor by resigning. If he's hanging around for the cash, then he really puts his own interests above that of the organization. Gase is TOXIC. These late season wins is fool's gold.

14. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

IMO, I think Douglas and Johnsons will see enough of Gase that the growth of Darnold and the offense under Gase isn’t progressing enough to where Darnold and the offense should be despite lack of talent and winning consecutive games vs playoff contender teams. It would be one thing if the offense were putting up points, or in shoot out games even if they were 1-15 that would be understandable to bring back Gase.
    But they are not. With much improve offensive talent in 2020 the Jets rank pretty much in bottom in all categories. It s enough. Move on to a new HC

15. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

As I recall they didn't.

16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I voted no because even the Jets couldn't be THAT stupid.
    All anyone has to do is ask themselves two questions ...

If Gase was fired tomorrow, would any team hire him?
    Can you ever imagine Gase doused in champagne, standing next to JD, hoisting the Lombardi Trophy?

There are some other ones too. Like how many times have we taken a delay of game penalty after a clock stoppage? How many times have we lost by double digits? How many times have we scored more 2nd half points than our opponent? How many times have we seen Gase on the sideline actually talking to his players vs having his head buried in that play sheet? And ... how many coaches in Jets history have been worse than this guy?

Jets79 likes this.
  17. Cman68

I remember going to sports bars and watching that season.. While living in Chicagoland. I was lucky to get a TV to even watch the games. That team looked just like this team did for the first 14 games. Don't let these 2 wins cloud your perspective. Adam Gase is THE WORST HC in the Johnson Era. If they keep him, they'll be lucky that fans like you will still follow the team at all.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Are there people voting yes because they think we are too stupid to fire him or because they want him back? Anyone voting because of the latter should be banned for life.

19. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

You are right, the team playing hard is a bare minimum, but how many Jet teams over the years can we say that the Jets actually played hard for their coaches? How many times have we witnessed a disappointing Jet loss that they should have won because the team didn't give the effort needed? I think I would be a rich man if I had a dollar for everyone of those games over the years. Gase has this no name team playing hard every week which should be a major plus to his credit. Isn't anyone interested in seeing what Gase can do if he gets some talent to work with? I am. Much more than rolling the dice bringing in a new HC.

20. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

We can evaluate by record but otherwise none of us are close enough to see what goes on inside.