Gase doesn't get it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Sep 8, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What your geology teacher did isn't a good comparison either because even though other people were present, he still did it to your face. It would be like a coach lighting up a player on the sideline while the cameras are focused on them. On the other hand, not only did Gase make his criticisms public, but he did it behind his players' backs.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I get the distinct impression Gase woulda said the same shit if we won the game.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

At least you now know the type of stones to throw.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Adam Gase is in his 4th year as a HC ..his best Season was 2016 with Miami where he went 10-6 but lost to Pitt in AFC WC

He's gone 6-10 and 7-9 since then ..on average 5.75 wins per season . So to me his floor is 6 wins and ceiling 10 unless things get drastically better or worse. Presently, he is 0-1 with Jets losing by 1 point to Buffalo

Gase never had a SD Lev Bell and CJ Mosley to work with so if everyone stays healthy I am expecting more wins than losses. OTH he has no OL Kicking Game or CBs to rely on. The GM is his friend so I think big bro Joe D keeps Gase focused from Tourette's breakdown and somehow rescues the Season by getting players the Team desperately needs

The players all knew what to expect personality wise from him so I don't see any point of haters argument.

Losing will just reinforce the doubters pov and of course winning makes it all go away but the next 2 games are murderers row

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Wait, so him answering questions with truth and calling guys out for their mistakes is "throwing players under the bus"? What in the fuck?

That's called, "holding guys accountable". Why did Sam Darnold run for his life the entire game? Because the fuckin o-line was garbage, that's the truth.

Why did we get smoked in the second half? Because we gave up when our best player went down with an injury. A fact.

Let me guess, you also think the NFL should change to "flag football"?

Give me a fuckin break

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yeah, we usually go on 5-0 runs after losses like this..:rolleyes:

Wahoo likes this.
  7. Falco21

8. Falco21

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I commend you for your innate ability to bury your head in the sand and ignore literally everything about the guys career as a head coach the last four years. Very impressive.

Ralebird and BacktoQueens like this.
  10. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

So we have to baby players now? Who gives a shit. These are millionaire athletes playing in an ultra competitive sport. If you dont want to be called out, dont give your coach a reason to call you out.

NYJetsO12, Acad23 and Falco21 like this.
  11. Falco21

And I commend you for your innate ability to bury your head in the sand and ignore literally everything about the Miami Dolphins franchise for the last four years. Very impressive.

Before Gase entered Miami, the team went:

7-9
    7-9
    6-10
    7-9
    8-8
    8-8
    6-10

Gase walks in with Ryan Tannehill, who later is injured and can not finish the season, and goes 10-6 and takes them to the playoffs for the first time in 8 years and only the 2nd time in 18 years.

In that first year, Tannehill threw for a career-high 67.1 completion percentage and 3k yards.

From then on out, he did not play a majority of the time due to injuries to his knee and shoulder. Gase was forced to play with Brock Osweiler.

Since firing Gase, how does Miami look? They are rated the worst team in the National Football League and reports are that players are seeking trades to get out of that franchise.

If you think Adam Gase was the problem there, then that is on you.

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

In fairness to Sam, I don't think he was one of the majority of people who had their nose up Mike McCarthy's ass. The reality of the Gase hire is with the exception of Arians he was the most qualified HC to actually come in and work with Darnold. Arians wasn't coming here. Arians went to Florida to get a paycheck and do some fishing.

The most important job Gase has this year was to develop Darnold and get Mac fired. We have played 1 game and he already accomplished half of it.

We have lost to the Bills with crushing regularity in many crushing ways. In this case our special teams and D are the reason. While Darnold did nothing to make me think franchise QB on Sunday, he didn't put us in position to lose the game by being a turnover machine like Baker Mayfield. A defense with bad personal all over it broke down when our best Defensive player went out with injury. The Bills D last year was ranked 2, their O was ranked 30th. They added to both in the offseason. Having the objective to get a lead and not turn the ball over against a ball hawking D and bad O may seem like a dumb strategy to some people but it's pretty sound football. The reality is the game was there for us with a little more D and special teams and Anderson running the right route.

Game 1 down in Sam's development. Game 1 down in our New GM's evolution of the team needs. Over reaction by the fan base over losing to a deeper better team, expected. Obviously if we had just rolled Sam out he would have gotten his feet set, wouldn't have gotten killed and would never have turned the ball over.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

We all know that calling out players to the media is what good coaches do :rolleyes:

There is a ton of excuse making going on in this thread. How about we hold the HC accountable?

14. jetsclaps

Very good analysis.

15. BroadwayAaron

Not shockingly, the point whizzed WAY over your head. My entire point has nothing to do with football. He earned himself a terrible reputation as a personality in Miami. Fights with ownership, players not wanting to play for him, spats with the media, throwing people under the bus. Now one game into his tenure is our head coach and he’s already sparring with the media enticing people under the bus. You can pretend like he’s some big bad guy that’s not taking any shit from anyone and he’s laying down the law, but someone who passes off blame to everyone else while not taking some blame that he definitely deserves doesn’t make him a hard ass. That makes him a pussy. And you can pretend that this is just me making things up but like I said, there’s a reason his reputation preceded him.

But if you want to talk about football... You are rattling off all of these great things he did for Miami and they still shitcanned him. What does that say? It’s almost like... no one wants to deal with him because he’s a shitty personality whose ego doesn’t equal his output. Also pointing out how the dolphins look since firing Gase is kind of dopey considering it’s only been a few months and they are tanking for a franchise quarterback.

I don’t know why you would be pointing out Tannehill’s numbers like that. All you’re doing is make the case for why Gase is well on his way to ruining our franchise quarterback. You’re pointing out Tannehill‘s yardage total from that season, if you explain that over a 16 game span he would have finished with the third lowest total of his career to that point. Why is that impressive? And if you stretch his touchdown total over a span of 16 games he would have had the second lowest amount of touchdowns of his career to that point as well. Tell me again why I’m supposed to stroke this guy off...

And this isn’t even taking into account the rest of the offense, which were in the bottom 5 to 10 offenses throughout his entire tenure. And sure you can say they didn’t have talent but look at what Gase did week one for us. Called a bad game with no creativity or explosiveness anywhere in sight. He’s trying to turn Darnold into Tannehill but I guess you don’t care if you are impressed by the second worst year of Ryan Tannehill‘s career…

SOJAZ and Can Grande like this.
  16. Falco21

Agree on all points.

And further to that, had we made the extra point and field goal, it is pretty refreshing to see that we would have been up 20-0 against a dominant defense with an offense that looked anemic and largely is playing as a full unit for the first time all year.

Some can look at this game and think it is the end of the world. I like to look at these games and not only find positives, if there is any, in them, but also find out the areas that need to be addressed or that show positive signs.

An offense that struggled all game against a top 5 defense could have potentially scored 20 points. A defense that lost their signal caller and arguably best player had given up 0 points and forced 4 turnovers.

17. jetsclaps

What exactly did he say that was so bad? I want an exact quote and the question he was answering.

He didnt name anyone by name as far as I remember. He was asked if the cornerbacks played well and he said there is room for improvement. Oh my god the horror!

18. Falco21

I am not going to get into this argument again.

I already posted ad nauseam about this when we hired him. It is pretty easy to find that the only players that criticized him were cancers of the locker room or guys that were upset because they lost playing time. Some players actually came out in defense of him.

And to say "why did Miami shit-can him", proves my initial point that you are completely unaware of the shit-fest in Miami. Miami has a LONG history of shit-canning coaches and players thinking everyone else is the problem but their ownership and upper management. I think this year proves that.

19. BroadwayAaron

You and everyone else who is pretending we don’t agree with what he said keep missing the point so badly. I personally agree with every single thing he said, the problem is with what he didn’t say. He called a terrible game and designed this bullshit offense yet he’s pinning it on everyone but himself. A little self accountability is all I ask for.

ColoradoContrails and Ralebird like this.
  20. Falco21

And again you and everyone else seems to be obsessed with him saying "it was my fault" LOL

Don't point out all the issues that were blatantly obvious. Just say "it was my fault" and you are the right man for the job!