Gase doesn't get it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Sep 8, 2019.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree with you more. 100% correct. Some of the people that critize the game plan and ask for a lot more screens and roll outs are flat out not getting it. Not only you are bound to loose critical yardage, you can easily get your key players killed.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Ok I take it all back. Seriously, I don't know how some of these guys keep getting coaching jobs. He set a dumpster fire in Miami and I'm afraid he's going to do the same thing here. What has this guy ever accomplished? Do you really think Peyton needed him to be great?

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I personally like everything he said. He is cocky, knowledgeable and refreshing. We knew going in it would be a tough go with our weaknesses, and until we fix the gaping holes we will struggle. With a little better execution this game was ours, with zero fucking change to the game plan.This coach gets it. And as far as the kicker, that was on the moron Mac, one of the many reasons he got fired, unfortunately after the damage was done.

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yeah, he really set a dumpster fire in Miami.

Thank God they fired him! Looks like he was definitely the issue!

Miami is kicking ass since canning him

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Much better than Bowles

No complaints here

My complaint will come if he keeps losing

NYJetsO12, NY Jets68 and dawinner127 like this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Adam Gase may be an asshole...but he's our asshole.

7. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

He was a major issue. First sign of adversity and he throws his players and coaches under the bus. Now that's leadership? The team will wind up hating him without respecting him - just like in Miami.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  8. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

I already have one. Didn't need another.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I listened to the interview trying to find a lie.
    Didn’t find any .

10. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

And

This is it

Post of the day

Truth

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Seriously, he broke down positional groups , didn’t name individuals, gave honest answers and explanations and gave a little attitude when he knew they were trying to quote mine.
    I thought it was informative

NYJFOREVER and twown like this.
  12. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

This is fine. Be a hardass psycho. I love that he works like a maniac and will hold guys accountable. This is fine by me after the meek BS of Bowles and Mac.

Maybe this is a tough growing pains type of year, but we need to as Douglas mentioned have guys here that HATE to lose. That are mortified of losing, that will do everything it takes to win. I want maniacal hard working psychos.

Asshole coaches win. They've won Super Bowles. This is not indicative of anything

13. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Who gets it though? Parcells was just like this. He won 2 Super Bowls and went to another. Belichick is a psycho and ruthless behind the scenes. Just very stonefaced to the media. You can win being ruthless, you can win being a players coach...or you can lose both ways. There's no set formula

NCJetsfan, NYJetsO12 and twown like this.
  14. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

In Sunday school yesterday, the teacher called an Asian man in the front row “slanty eyes.” And that’s serious. I’m not joking. He won’t be teaching again. In his defense, someone else mentioned “but what he said wasn’t false.” Crazy, right? In 2019.

Anyway, obviously that’s an extreme example and I’m not insinuating Gase’s rhetoric is even in the same category. But it’s another example that just because you think something is true, doesn’t always make it appropriate to say. You don’t throw players under the bus in public, IMO. You treat them with respect, promote positive reinforcement, and keep issues in house. Only after you attempt to deal with it in house and a player continues to make the same mistakes and not listen do you even consider going public. Throw them under the bus after the first time playing in a new system and you’ll quickly lose their trust and respect. That’s human beings 101.

#94 Bills over Jets, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Unlike opinions...right?

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You're living in the past, Biggs. All the whining about MacCagnan is an exercise in futility; he's gone, he's not coming back. Every time someone he drafted or traded for drops a pass or misses a block we can expect you to bitch and moan about it. The day will come when every single guy he touched will be gone; what will you bitch about then?

The bolded is simply a bald-faced lie that you could not support if your life depended on it. Go ahead, try.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He didn't technically name names, but these quotes throw Sam and Robby under the bus.

"Some of [the offense's struggles] was the O-line, but I would say if we read the coverages correctly with the receivers, some of that isn’t a problem."

"Yeah, if we just make plays on the balls that we actually threw down the field, that’s a different number. I mean, we had opportunities. We had a chance to win the game. We have to come out of our double move. The guy falls down and we don’t come out running. So if we do that, then all of a sudden we’re scoring a touchdown. Guys need to do a better job of executing what they’re supposed to be doing."

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Actually you CAN win with this fan, but it takes actually WINNING, something recent coaches haven't been able to do.

Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  19. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

Sharing is caring. That's why he said 'Our'.

Uhhh. That's not a good comparison at all lol. Throwing someone under the bus with criticism is not the same as making a racial comment. I had a geology teacher embarrass me in front of class after I failed naming the age groups of various sedimentary layers a 2nd time. We had to let him check our work before proceeding onto the next lab. Basically he called out every mistake I made on my sheet by projecting it onto the overhead. It was extremely embarrassing, but it helped me pass the class with an A.

Everyone responds to criticism a different way.

#99 50ShadesOfGreen, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  20. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Agree just look at Magic Mike drafts!! How many second and third round bust did this guy have Hackenberg , D smith,D Lee .....oh sorry Lee was first round BUST with hack in the second round that just cant happen ....now polite ....my God Second and third round picks are supposed to be key contributors to a franchise its unreal the shit magic mike left behind