Gase doesn't get it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You're jumping the gun here. Its one thing not to care for Gase, its another to put up unreasonable statements regarding his employment status. It would compound the mess that already is the reputation of how the Jets are run. Every FG and Xtra Pt missed says the Jet Ownership/FO fucked up by not signing Meyers. Now firing a coach one year into his contract? Good luck finding a quality replacement. Losing to Cleveland, and I think we will, won't be the end of Gase. Talking shit to the media, throwing players under the bus and not accepting any blame will get him squarely on the wrong side of the media and we all know how PR conscious the Ownership is.

Rex already did the talk the walk thing. Gase is gonna have to reverse that. He will be what the record says he is and so will the 2019 Jets.

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

They’re grown men getting paid millions of dollars. Wah my coach put me on blast. Go do your job better and it won’t happen again. Simple as that.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IF IF IF the guy wins games NOTHING else will matter but as I have said from day one GASE IS A LOSER . The guy has every right to be arrogant IF IF IF he can actually win somewhere but the guy has done nothing in his career of coaching and I agree that you hold players accountable but you also hold yourself accountable. If players are not doing their job or executing you bench their asses. So far our QB Whisperer / offensive Guru aint looking to good but its only 1 game , Go Ahead coach Gase make me eat crow I will be happy to do so but IMO you are a bad head coach.

#63 CBG, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Brook! and Cman68 like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Exactly, I don’t care that Gase is an asshole. That’s probably the only thing I like about him actually.

It’s been a country club here for the past decade. I’m glad the players are finally getting called out

5. dawinner127

Like you said - it’s only one game. If this continues for multiple weeks and he doesn’t hold himself accountable for the O being putrid, ill be one of the first to call him on it. I mentioned to you in the FF subforum that I’m not panicking as much as others about the offense.

1) new scheme
    2) first time OL played together
    3) top 5 D in buffalo

I’ll be singing a different tune in 3-4 weeks if the offense still looks like shit.

NCJetsfan and BradysTornACL like this.
  6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Brook, he's not likeable based on what, the way he acts with the media? Because the players seem to love him including Sam Darnold.

I got a better quesiton for you:

Would you want to hang out with Bellichick? Is he a likeable guy?

NYJetsO12, FJF and NYJFOREVER like this.
  7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Couldn’t agree more. If these players are so fragile and can’t take any constructive criticism, they are in the wrong line of work.

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hell no to Bellichick type people of course. Mine is based on his persona that he shows to the world. I really don’t know much about how his players Miami felt about him. He might be a good guy to his players I don’t know.

9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Now you see what fish fans said about this guy.... poor to bad game plan and disgusting calls which was tantamount to dialing into u-tube and watching Miami form last year. What is more troubling is his comments. He came across as a arrogant twit and like in Miami, he thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. Well Memo to AG, your DC kicked ass and had his unit prepared without the BS....

Frankly, this game solidified my concerns regarding this guys capabilities and if the lose next week the same way, the chants will start with me to fire the bum... because they will be 0-6 shortly.

10. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

No, let's crucify the coach for calling terrible plays and going into the season without a kicker. What's the #1 way to slow down constant blitzes? Screens. Who's arguable the best player in NFL history when it comes to catching screens? Bell. How any coach could watch the Bills rush every down and not call any screens is totally beyond me. Its a failure of coaching, plain and simple. Even at the end, we still had over 3 minutes and 2 time outs to make a final drive. Your best offensive player, Bell, gets one touch. Gase deserves to be crucified.

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and Acad23 like this.
  11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Dude I didnt say anything last night because I figured you were all bent out of shape after the loss. Bu this statement is fucking retarded

Dierking and FJF like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

I honestly don’t know what game you were watching

For one- Buffalo was not blitzing a lot. They were simply getting pressure with their front 4

And secondly they did call screens.

13. dawinner127

That's false. The Bills were playing man for the majority of the game. Go run a screen vs man and see what happens. That would be sniffed out and a loss of down + yardage before you blinked twice. If they were sitting in zone while blitzing, sure. It would work, but they weren't. They addressed this exact point in the 5th quarter show after the game because a caller called and made the same exact point and it was shot down instantly.

NCJetsfan, FJF and NYJFOREVER like this.
  14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

and you're surprised?

jonnyd likes this.
  15. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

They called one screen, which went to Enunwa. No screens were called to Bell.

Because the play calling was dog shit, instead of having Darnold under center where fakes and screens were effective he was in the shotgun the whole game getting decimated. To make things worse, no adjustments were made at any point in the game! I'm not defending Darnold here, but you don't understand football if you think his play was the primary problem. Put any QB behind a line that doesn't block and doesn't play to the strengths of the players on the field and you are going to fail much more often than you succeed. Good coaches design plays to take advantage of the strengths of their players, they don't draw up plays and then try to fit the players into their schemes. I kept having flashbacks to the first year we picked up Forte, another guy who thrived on catching screens and passes out of the backfield - plays which entirely vanished once he came to the Jets. As long as Gase keeps his head up his ass and tries to pretend his schemes and his calls weren't the problem we unfortunately will have a lot more of last week to look forward to.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

The center was getting blown back into Darnolds lap every play. If he was under center he would’ve been sacked way more

17. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

He's a bug eyed zombie and an asshole. Jets made a bad decision. Again. We're looking at 0-7.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Best HOT TAKE of the day!

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

So the game plan was trash because the players did not execute in all crucial plays. Yep, got it. How do you know exactly what was execution, not reading the defense, versus game plan?

SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You could respond to every single one of his post this same way.
    Every one.