Gase doesn't get it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Sep 8, 2019.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

We tried to be stable with Macc and Bowles, and here we are in 2019 with an aging o-line, no legitimate cornerbacks, and a defense that continuously can't make a stop when it's important.

I'm not advocating for Gase' head just yet, but fans aren't going to give Gase that grace period a coordinator, or someone like a Mike McCarthy would have gotten. Reason for it is Gase' tenure in Miami was unsuccessful, and fans already have the notion that a HC who did not have success at one spot, perhaps never will.

I'm trying to temper my expectations, and not go crazy, but yesterday was a horrific loss and it ended in a very same old jet fashion.

Hope things get straightened out

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Best Polite Available.

Biggs likes this.
  3. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

That’s true. No way that Jet management could make personnel decisions as bad as the fan base. No way.

4. HomeoftheJets

I actually think if TGG elected a team of a few knowledgable posters to play GM, they would have been no worse than Idzik and Mac.

5. HomeoftheJets

Gase said things today. You can listen here. https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/09/adam-gase-just-laid-waste-to-jets.html

A sample of gems:

"That’s the beauty part of being the head coach – I can basically do what I want."

"Some of [the offense's struggles] was the O-line, but I would say if we [cough cough Darnold] read the coverages correctly with the receivers, some of that isn’t a problem."

"I might remember [whether I wanted to keep Myers], I just don’t want to tell you."

"Yeah, if we [cough cough Robby] just make plays on the balls that we actually threw down the field, that’s a different number. I mean, we had opportunities. We had a chance to win the game. We have to come out of our double move. The guy falls down and we don’t come out running. So if we do that, then all of a sudden we’re scoring a touchdown. Guys need to do a better job of executing what they’re supposed to be doing."

"I feel like we have some slight room for improvement [at cornerback]. I’ll say that nicely."

"It’s just a collective effort. It’s like, ‘Just do your job.’ That’s the key. When we hit the fourth quarter, when we hit nut-cut time, when it’s the time when things are really getting tough, when it’s really getting hairy, the best players don’t change. The players that make an impact in the fourth quarter, they don’t change – everyone else does."

6. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

he arrogant and shouldn't be with a losing record. His O looked pathetic because the game plan was trash and that is on him not the players,,,, IMHO he was and is the wrong hire and these statements only solidify what I suspected and that he is a shitty coach... yesterday was Miami all over again.

7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

'Nut-cut' is an all time quote.

"That’s the beauty part of being the head coach – I can basically do what I want." was in response to Montgomery's usage, or lack thereof.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Lets crucify Bowles for not holding players accountable in public.
    Lets crucify Gase for holding players accountable in public.

Can't win with this fan base.

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I love this guy lol

We've come a long ways from Todd Bowles press conferences

JetBlue, LAJet, Aero and 2 others like this.
  10. Falco21

Bingo.

It's like I have two wives.

You can't win either way

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  11. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

As I said before he doesn't get it.

If they lose to Cleveland he'll be a dead coach walking.

Can't come to this town with this attitude without Ws and lotsa 'em to back it up.

Beat Cleveland or he won't be around for long.

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  12. Falco21

And queue the "power hungry" posters

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He was fired in Miami despite having early success because the team never got better, he was an asshole and people didn't like him. Is anyone really shocked that we played poorly (and looked JUST like the Dolphins), he was an asshole and people don't like him?

Noam and SOJAZ like this.
  14. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I am outraged. My kids will not be going to school tomorrow. I want Gase CANCELED /s

sozopol likes this.
  15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I find it pretty amusing listening to him being a prick.... but I can see it not ending very well.

Noam and Brook! like this.
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes , he will be DMW to you but to Ownnership he is just part of their Long Term Plan to resurrect the Team to greatness and I hope this works out..even bad Owners will eventually get it right after a dozen poor choices..they want individual improvement in SD and a better team down the road

I thought M McCarthy would be our next HC...but apparently the Owners wanted an experienced HC who interviewed with the said arrogance and attitude. Something they never had in Mr Ex Lax Todd B

Let's give Gase a chance..

NCJetsfan and LAJet like this.
  17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Were you born a whiny little bitch or do you work at it?

MoWilkBeast, FJF, Mogriffjr and 2 others like this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

I can't speak for others but I crucified Bowles for not holding players accountable in private. I wanted him to teach and/or discipline guys who screwed up, not trash them to the media.

Noam and Brook! like this.
  19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Holding players accountable does not equate to throwing players under the bus in front of the media.

Gase really needs to work on his tact, or players will stop trusting him, and ultimately quit on him.....again.

GreenfiendNYJ, Noam and HomeoftheJets like this.
  20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

The guy is flat out unlikable. Wouldn’t wanna be around a guy like that honestly. If he doesn’t deliver results he will be canned sooner than any other guy.

ColoradoContrails, CBG and Cman68 like this.