Gase doesn't get it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Sep 8, 2019.

1. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Not true. I didn't like Gase from the get go, and I'm keeping my trap shut.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Ok, I stand corrected.

Every one except one lol

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You should start a thread about it

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You realize Buffalo was better than us last year and they had a better offseason this year.

That’s one of many reasons the GM was canned. In spite of that if we had a competent kicker we win.

jetstopgun likes this.
  5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

How is 'he' in trouble? Our wonderful owner let him hire his own GM so it's not like the new GM's canning him. Dude's got job security the next couple years at least barring a Kotitean 1-15.

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Gase definitely got outcoached though. Three different times McDermott took a timeout before a big offensive play, three times they got the right defense on the field after the timeout to stuff it.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

True, true and true
    But JNJ fucked this up to the last second, Mac should have been gone before the draft and free agency. We lack real talent. Getting rid of Gase will not fix that.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I knew we were fucked when Gase shaved off that glorious beard.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Sure. Blame it on MacCagnan.

10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Yeah, and.....?

Should people that thought hiring this guy was a huge fucking mistake just pretend that it doesn't look like a huge fucking mistake? Confused.

Ralebird likes this.
  11. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I agree...This team needs stability in the CS, GM, even if it takes some time. It takes time to get to know what works & what doesn't with the players you have. Anyone who thought Gase was going to turn this offense into world beaters from day 1 was dreaming. You can't bail out on these guys after a year. Buffalo has been playing the same defensive system for 3 years. That's what we need on offense, & defense. I was watching the Steelers Patriots game & they mentioned how long all the different coaches were coaching with Belichek. They have been together for 15 + years.
    I am no way content with the loss. We should have won it. All week I was concerned with the kicker. Now go out & get us a proven veteran & stop with the rookies. I would hate to lose another game because of a kicker.

#31 BudJet, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    FJF likes this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I thought Adam Gase was really level headed after the loss. His post-game comments actually gave me confidence that he does get it. They need to show it on the field though.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I do, it's painfully obvious that our OL, CB's and WR are below average. When you trade away key picks and draft Polite with one of your remaining picks and don't have a kicker on your roster the team is going to have a tough time winning. I thought the Bills had a better off season than we did and said it. You were polishing Polite's HOF bust.

jetstopgun and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Kinda makes sense when you figure the OP can’t be more than eight years old.

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Not that I support any of these awful knee jerk reaction threads and panic posts right after a loss, in fact I make it a point to stay away from the site the rest of the day when we lose a game because it’s unbearable, but Gase only proved my fears correct.

This looked like a Miami game. Tons of throws in front of the sticks, making guys do the work after the catch, bad playcalling and uninspired offense. I had hoped and I’m still hoping that we will see that creative and innovative offensive mind that we keep hearing about but so far it’s the same old shit. This is why I laugh every time one of those dumb pieces about Peyton Manning loving Gase comes out. How the fuck do you not go long to Robby at all before 3rd and 1 with the game on the line? Absurd, stupid and alarming.

I understand that the Buffalo defense is very good and our offensive line is very bad but Jesus Christ you mean to tell me that a guy touted as an offensive genius can’t make some fucking adjustments mid game? Yes it’s only one game, but is it? Because to me it just felt like an extension of what he was doing in Miami.

16. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

.....What he said.......I didn't even see a glimmering peek of this "innovative offensive mind" that we are supposed to have. If we HAD won this game it would have been because of the defense.......which absolutely turned to shit after Mosley went out. Nothing I saw yesterday gives me any confidence for the next 4 games and I really wanted that NOT to be the case.

17. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

More great news about the decision to draft Polite at #68 overall, when Winovich was selected at pick # 77. The stink of Maccagnan lingers.........

Seth WalderESPN Analytics
    [​IMG]
    Thus far in Week 1, Chase Winovich leads all qualified rookies with a pass rush win rate of 29%. Nick Bosa is 2nd at 26%. PRWR is an ESPN metric powered by NFL Next Gen Stats.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It was a very schottenheimer esque offense yesterday and that concerns me, a lot.
    Curious to see how Sam responds to the loss.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  19. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Headline:

Sam Darnold: Jets Offense Will Be Electric

The offense looked like the hamster in the wheel fell asleep.

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Can blame Mac on that one. Winovich was a third round talent.