Gase and Bell spoke both Wednesday and Thursday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsclaps, May 17, 2019.

1. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

.......and Mac and Gase have a fantastic working relationship.

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Hard to believe we’ll trade our best weapon. We’re not exactly loaded on the depth chart after him.

westiedog1 likes this.
  3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting to see how Bell responds to playing for a loser. He'll find out this year, though.

At least you're right, this won't be a dull season. It actually has the chance to be quite entertaining, in a trashy, reality-TV kind of way. Given that the Jets are basically they're own soap opera now, maybe that's appropriate for this miserable franchise. Maybe for May Sweeps we'll see the return of Rex Ryan. :D

Cman68 likes this.
  4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I don't think it will happen either, but if it did, it wouldn't be such a terrible thing in the long run. I was opposed to signing Bell because if you have a young team like the Jets, and you're trying to establish an identity and new leadership with your 2nd year QB, that's going to be really hard to do with a superstar like Bell joining the team and especially in NY with all the media focus. Nevertheless, if you did get rid of Bell, as you fear, it would probably mean signing away on a winning season, and settling for no more than mediocrity and no playoff.

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I don't want to trade Bell as he's our top skill position player who can be a young QB's "best friend." But the fact that we had to sign him to give our offense a play maker is an indictment on the FO's ability to find impact skill position players in the draft. And I have to wonder(not directed at you), if we're not trying to win games this year, how long do we have to wait to be a winning team?

6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying we're not trying to win, just saying it will be harder without Bell. The choice would be winning now with Bell and risking a team implosion such as occurred with S. Holmes, or waiting a little longer to get a RB that doesn't come with so much baggage and establishing a more stable locker going forward for many seasons. OTOH, I could be all wrong about Bell and he may end up being the perfect citizen for the Jets, but it doesn't sound like it so far.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Currently watching NFL Live. Le'Veon Bell showed up for mandatory minicamp. What a concept! He's wearing his signature #26. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop once the season begins a la gimme the damn ball. Rumblings again that Curtis Martin will be hanging around (nobody gets hurt there), which is music to my ears. Bell had a mini-press conference about minicamp and said he and Gase are "communicating, the commincation is there". Yeah, probably communicating like something from the old 'The Outer Limits'.

[​IMG]