Gary Myers 10 Step Plan To Get The Jets To The Super Bowl

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetcentric28, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

1. win an AFC championship game
    2. (see number 1)

2. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Actually if the Jets had Nnamdi and Revis they would allow the Jets to key on the run and stack the box. This would also bring pressure on the quarterback on the plays where those teams try to run. If the Jets are dominant with Revis covering one half of the field what happens when Aso covers the other half. They could in theory dominate the passing game and it may be worth it to sign Aso and use the draft to pick players for the defensive front 7.

If Revis and Aso both want to play together maybe they could sign contracts that fit together. One year a player makes 14 and the other one makes 8 and then the next year they switch, assuming that this would help the cap situation. This way they could limit the cap hit for every year.

#42 SienaSaints, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

We're not going after Nnamdi. There are 24 other NFL teams that need him more than we do, and have less other of their own players to sign.

4. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

If the distractions were distractions, would they have made it to the AFC Championship game?

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

After last summer, does Revis strike you as a guy who is willing to take 1 cent less than what he feels he deserves or wants?

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Number 4 is just ridiculous but number 7 is what I want to see. Let Sanchez loose next season. I cant wait to see what kind of strides he will have made by then.

7. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Tanny can play around with the guaranteed money to spread the numbers out for the 3 players. Then, you figure guys like Jenk, Gholston, etc.. will all be gone. So, it will be difficult, but it can be done.

Also, you can restructure existing contracts to help with the cap situation.

So, overall, I do expect the Jets to keep most of the top free agents. That might mean Brad Smith will be gone, and guys like Woody might no longer be here, but I think none of the important players who are free agents will be in a different uniform come next year.

As for nickel, I think Wilson will be the 3rd corner who has to play nickel. However, with NA, you have a lot more flexibility than you have with Cro. NA can do what Revis does, which means in certain games you can have NA take out a Branch, while leaving Revis to handle a Welker and Wilson to cover Tate.

But, in this defense, having 2 shutdown corners will allow you to get by with a worse front 7 because qb's just wont have anywhere to throw.

8. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Not true at all

9. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

You dont need 3 guys to start as rookies. You need the 30th pick to start at OLB/DE. And I trust that whoever Rex likes out of the JJ Watt/Bailey/Ayers/Liuget/Beal will be able to start right away. And then I think the pick in the 3rd round will be safety, and if the Jets can get a guy like Mark Barron, DeAndre McDaniel, or Jeron Johnson, they might be able to help right away.

As for Ellis, I think he is coming back for a very friendly deal because he just wants to win a SB and retire. Thomas just sucks, so that is not a loss. And guys like Pool and Smith are replaceable and wont be very expensive if the Jets decide to bring them back.

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I'm sorry but I cannot take any post that is based around the Jets resigning all their big free agents and signing NA seriously. You can tell me that it is possible but I have seen people with a decent knowledge of the cap post in the past few days showing just how hard it would be to sign Cro with the money leftover after signing Harris, Edwards, and Holmes. Unless he is going to take middle of the pack CB money to play with his bff Revis it just isn't happening.

/reality

11. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I fucking hate this idiot so fucking much.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The only way I want Asomugha is if Lamar Woodley comes with him.

#52 ace_o_spades, Jan 26, 2011
  13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

How exactly does being on Hard Knocks have any effect on getting to a SB?

14. CatoTheElder

I still haven't gotten past his complete lack of knowledge of the workings of a 3-4 defense.

15. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

I figure this would be impossible. Unless we resign no one.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

You lose Harris, Cro and one of the WRs. That post was kind of in jest since I figure it's impossible since Pittsburgh is gonna either re-sign Woodley or tag him which means we'd have to lose our first rounder plus another pick which to me isn't worth it.

If we could pull that off (without losing any picks) that would be something tho. Aso > Cro and Woodley would make a bigger impact than Harris would in the front 7 (I'm well aware they play different different positions)

#56 ace_o_spades, Jan 26, 2011
  17. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Yeah I understand. But I'm not sure if I want to lose any of the receivers. I think I might take Woodley over Harris only because we're weak covering the middle of the field and our pass rush would improve. Problem is we are taking the run defense for granted with this because Harris is definitely a run stopper. It depends on who is available in the draft and if we can replace Harris.

Aso over Cro will depend on what Cro wants. I think Wilson is better covering the number 2 reciever so maybe we don't need Aso as much as a nickle though it's something I'd love to see if Wilson can improve. Revis and Aso with either Woodley or Ngata would be a vast improvement if we can find a suitable replacement for Harris.

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I stopped reading. Myers football knowledge is remedial @ best. I cannot believe a guy covering football that long is that fucking stupid. It looks like a retard from this site or Bleacher Report wrote that garbage. Fuck him.

Arguing to move Cromartie to FS is like moving Christian Bale to NT....no thanks.

19. CatoTheElder

Holy fuck, was that really in there? I'm assuming some part of my mind forced me to immediately forget that part after I read it.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

It was so full of stupid shit - I felt like my IQ dropped by about 30 point just reading that shit.