Gary Myers 10 Step Plan To Get The Jets To The Super Bowl

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetcentric28, Jan 26, 2011.

1. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

If Aso ends up on the Giants I am going to be pissed.

2. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

I believe we will be in the conversation for Nnamdi, only if he is willing to take less money than what the market will give him. The guy has all the money in the world right now after banking 14+ million the last couple years, so he can't be leaving the Raiders for money bc Al will pay him stupid amounts which we have seen he is leaving the raiders for one reason only, he wants a shot to win a championship our team is one of the teams that gives him that chance and with Revis on the other side he makes our team dominant in the pass game.

I know it's unrealistic, but I don't think its impossible. When the new CBA is put into place, if it has things like transition tags, franchise tags, or tenders...whats to stop us from tendering a guy like Cro, Holmes, or Edwards and shipping them out Via trade instead of losing them and getting nothing in return?

Cro at safety? Really? What the hell is Myers thinking with that statement, does he watch football?

3. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

I think Nnamdi to the Texans makes perfect sense to me, since their pass defense is a joke.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

What's stopping us from tendering Edwards is there's no way he's going to be a RFA. The other guys might be but nobody knows.

#24 ace_o_spades, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  5. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

Gary Myers is going to destroy the opposition on Madden Nation this year.

6. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

Yeah, I am not well informed on how the logistics work on who can be tagged who can't

7. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

Asomugha is on another planet compared to Cromartie. Asomugha is like Revis. Having 2 of those guys is ridiculous. Cromartie was picked on plenty throughout the season. He is not a shut down corner. He's good but not lock down. There's a huge difference.

Most athletes don't take pay cuts to play for a team. It does happen though. See Cliff Lee. In Aso's case there's some evidence he would want take less to play for the Jets. Remember last year at the Pro Bowl? Is it likely he'd take significantly less to play here? Probably not despite the talk but who knows.

It's worth is for the Jets especially if they plan on giving Cromartie a lot.

8. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I just don't understand why people assume the Jets would end up paying Asomugha less than other teams would. I fully expect them to give him top money and cut costs in other areas if they have to.
    Again, this Rex obsession with cornerbacks is not some silly little theory, it has been established as the centerpiece of everything Rex tries to accomplish on defense. I think it is safe to say that Rex would rather have Revis & Aso at the corners and start a bunch of bargain bin big bodies on the defensive line.

Is it unlikely? Maybe. But only because nobody knows what Nmandi wants. For all we know, he loves it on the west coast and ends up re-signing with the Raiders anyway. Maybe he loves New York but doesn't want to play second fiddle and ends up signing with the Giants (I just vomited in my mouth a little.)

Point is, let us not put limitations on what this front office is willing to do this offseason.

9. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Nothing outrageous imo. We all want NA over Cro. We all want Harris back. We all prefer to keep both Tone and BE, but know Tone has more value if we can only keep 1. We all know that we need to win the AFC East next year. And we all know that the pick at 30 is someone who can get to the QB.

The Jets off-season is actually pretty simple. Keep most of the free agents. Replace Cro with NA, and focus on improving the OLB/DE/S positions in the draft. If the Jets do that, they will once again be in line to compete for the chance to get to the SB. However, that is much easier said than done.

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Problem is that nothing in bold is simple at all.

11. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Of course it's not. But, I have faith in Tanny to be able to keep Harris, Tone and BE. That he can easily do. The Jets can also easily draft OLB/DE/S. The qustion is will the guys they draft fit the system or not. The hardest thing is to get NA. However, he has said he wants to play with Revis. The question is can the Jets afford him.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The thing about Aso is that yes the market for CBs is inflated heavily, at this stage I'd imagine Aso wants to play for a winner. How many winning/playoffs teams want to invest big money into the CB position?

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Not if the Jets resign Harris and both WR's, that's why it is complicated. It can't all happen.

Even if they get NA it doesn't address the big defensive issue. The nickel back. I think the more likely plan is kyle wilson to the outside, Cro gone, sign the other big free agents. Then you use the draft to get younger in the front 7 and find a free agent nickel guy.

14. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

You can easily draft OLB/DE/S but you can't easily draft a good OLB/DE/S when your first three picks are at the end of the first, third, and fourth rounds. You've got to be lucky as hell to get three good players who fit your system and can start as rookies (because if you're resigning Tone, Harris, and BE you're almost certainly losing guys like Pool, Eric Smith, Ellis, Thomas to make room) when you're drafting where the Jets are drafting.

15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Bit of a pipe dream? It's a fucking WET dream. Myers is nuts.

Now I'll go read the article....

16. swifty1021

swifty1021 New Member

If signing Cro is a priority, how much more money would Nnamdi command on the open market? Probably not much more than Cro...I just have a feeling we will go after Nnamdi.

17. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

It's amazing that a football reporter can suggest making Cro (a very good corner who doesn't tackle well) into a free safety.

18. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

how the fuck does this clown think cromartie would make a good free safety? WTF?!!?!?!?

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

We're not going to get Aso, and frankly, we don't really need him. Our coverage is good enough to keep QBs from making quick throws, but no one can cover forever. This is why we need a pass rush. Someone like Tuck or Osi would be perfect.

20. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

I can careless about nnamdi if we don't improve our passrush we are going to have the same problems this year... If we can get a good pass rusher or improve our front 7 cromartie will just be fine that's if the front office still wants cro...