Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

The second to last episode is always the whammy. End of Ned, Blackwater, and Red Wedding were all episode 9's.

I think this was actually the best of the three finales so far.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I like the finale episode better than the last two finales but the last scenes in the first two finales were better than this one I thought.

I really am interested to see how Bran and Co. think they can stop the White walkers, how soon before Khalessi thinks she can just wreck everyone with her army, Arya/Hound, and what happens to the Lannisters and Joffrey.

3. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

I just read the first 3 books over again and realized that there was a bunch of things I may have missed or didn't spend as much time on. Reading it again just made me love this series even more. There is so much information in the books that 1 read just wouldn't suffice. The last quarter of book 3 was really enjoyable, and I do agree it does have enough information to fill a whole season - so as long as they do not omit anything.

How would you guys rate A Feast For Crows? From the people I spoke to, most are really annoyed with Martin stating that the book is filled with a lot of "crap" with nothing really happening. Does this mean for a boring season 5 in HBO version?

4. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I loved the finale. It wasn't action heavy but the character interactions were great. Joffrey with the Small Council was terrific. Tyrion and Cersei was great. Arya and The Hound is becoming my favorite pairing (hope he becomes her long-time guardian). Very engaging all the way around.

5. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

It was a good episode but def some filler. The Theon scene didn't really add anything to the story. The best scene was Arya getting her first kill.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I've read the first three books 3 times, AFFC twice and ADWD once. Every time I read each book, I see things that I didn't on previous reads. GRRM is brilliant in the way he is able to hide significant foreshadowing in the guise of casual description.

You see so much in a re-read of an earlier book after you have read a more recent one. It's really amazing how he does some of it.

Which is why I sometimes forgive him for the time he takes to write.

There are actually a lot of interesting things that happen in AFFC and Martin follows what I think are going to be some very important characters in the endgame, but since most of them aren't the ones that he endeared readers to the most in the earlier books, a lot of people were disappointed.

Honestly, we got a lot more detail about the characters in AFFC than we did about more familiar characters in Dance.

After I end up reading Winds of Winter, I expect to get a lot more out of a re-read of Feast than I will out of Dance.

Take that for what it's worth.

I talked about the other part of your post in an earlier response to DeathByJets.

7. abyzmul

That wasn't her first kill. Boy in horse stable in season one.

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Im not tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Ah shit I had forgotten about that. And that's why she said it was her "first man"

10. abyzmul

They've actually fucked with her storyline a bit. Not sure what kill you are talking about, but she isn't where she was in the books.

Did the guy she killed have a nickname?

11. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Nah he was just sitting at a campfire bragging about being the one who killed Robb I think

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

They are intentionally downsizing the list of names people have to hear. They even cut Strong Belwas and Patchface. Bastards.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

No Book talk allowed!
    No spoilers allowed!
    Consider this a warning to all!

Remember,
    The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I cant believe you wrote that in red font, instead of the usual green :eek:hmy:

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

16. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I just started listing to the audio books. Very good if you want to read the books without reading them :) the narration is awesome. The first book is broken down into four parts, about 8 hours each.

17. Slagan7

Slagan7 Member

I started listening to the audio books as well. I have a 4 Hour commute to and from work, so it really helps pass the time. The audio books are very expensive if you buy them.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

damn dude where the hell do you work?

19. Slagan7

Slagan7 Member

I live in East Northport, and took a new job 3 months ago right by the Meadowlands. If you are from Long Island, you know the traffic. I take the shitty LIE, to the shittier Cross Island, to the shittiest Cross Bronx. It should take an hour with no traffic, but it's usually just under 2 hours each way. God forbid if it snows or rains.
    I know it seems crazy, but I took a 40 percent salary increase, which makes it worth it. I will eventually relocate to NJ. I'm sure where yet, but I will try to be within 20 minutes of the Meadowlands vicinity.

So, I got through the first book of Game of Thrones in less then 2 weeks. I'm on the third book in just over a month. After Game of thrones, I will try learning spanish. lol.

20. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

any man who must say i am the king is no true king