Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I liked the show. It was tough to understand what was going on but I haven't read the books so I'd imagine a lot of people are in the same boat. It's not a bad thing though, I don't want to be lulled to sleep with lengthy character intros and background.. gimme the action.

Also, fucking spectacular tits. I hope they show more.

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Pretty much exactly what I thought when I watched the first episode. I haven't read the books (but plan to eventually- got a long reading list right now). I tend to mostly enjoy television series that are slow moving as long as they use that time developing the characters well. Of course, there needs to be resolution with the characters at the end of the series or whatever. There's nothing worse than a canceled show that I'm into or a show that ended abruptly without finishing the story.

I seem to be in the minority here since I haven't read the book, so please continue to mark any spoilers.

4. ........

........ Trolls

Another outstanding episode tonight.

5. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

This weeks episode was pretty much perfect to me, I enjoyed it quite a bit more than last week. Curious how people who haven't read the books will react, I thought it flowed a lot better than the first episode.

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Domino tiles, also known as bones, are twice as long as they are wide, a line in the middle suggesting a division into two squares.

7. ........

........ Trolls

Agree completely. Last week was like doing the needful. Had to throw everything at the audience, let some stick, and then start sorting it out this week. I think people who didn't read the books will be happier with this week. It was definitely better paced for those who haven't read.

Lena Headey is turning out to be a good Cersei, but I'm still not sure about Jaime. Prince Joffrey makes for a great asshole. The Lannisters (not counting Dinklage) were my concern as far as casting, but they're proving me wrong.

I also like the way they handled Danaerys' wedding night now after tonight's episode. Minor change to the book, but effective.

8. Foreign Alphabet

I haven't seen the new episode yet, will get to it tomorrow, but I thought the Jamie part was awesome in the first spisode

spoiler

The way they built Jamies character up until him pushing Bran out the window was great, and probably even better for those who haven't read the book. They made him pretty likeable, which was not at all the case until much later in the series for the readers, and really added to the Bran scene

9. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

I think Jaime has been good so far, obviously he's going to be a bit different than in the books since we really only saw him though other characters eyes and reputation before the 3rd book.

The casting has been pretty great so far, I guess we'll have to see more from the Hound to really judge but he was kinda flat to me, also Ilyn Payne seemed way too small/non threatening.

10. ........

........ Trolls

Yes! I don't mind Clegane. He seems a bit flat, but somehow shrewd. Ilyn Payne, on the other hand...my wife and I looked at each other as if to say "Seriously?"

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The show looks better and better...They are really committed to the writing and cinematography of this series.

The dwarf playing Tyrion is the perfect guy for him...He honestly will get an emmy as the series goes along.

I am hearing episode 5 & 6 are going to be awesome.

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yes this show is excellent. Thank god HBO is back.

It has a ton of interesting characters and so far I can't quibble with any of the casting choices. Of course I have not read the book.

Can I ask a spoiler type question...........

Is that Prince the product of incest or is he really the Kings?

If it is a spoiler question please PM me the answer.....

#92 Miamipuck, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  13. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I actually cheered when the dire wolf attacked the would-be assassin.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Let's see if they can get a nice streak going of showing women getting banged agressively from behind!

Good episode, the Lannisters (blondes?) are annoying as fuck except for the dwarf.

15. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

I just watched the episode, in my basement, by myself, and caught myself clapping when the wolf bit that little Prince Lannister Fagboy's hand.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I was actually happier when the wolf bit Justin Bieber.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I sent you a PM...Good to see people getting drawn to the characters.

For those that have not read the books...There is little fantasy elements in the series, it sort of takes a back seat to the drama between the people.
    however, I am certain people going to go insane as the show goes along.

If I am you, seeing how season 1 is already in mode...Watch the season first then read the book right after.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

What pissed me off was when the redhead let her dog die rather than tell the truth about what happened.

20. ........

........ Trolls

And each of the direwolves in the book takes the personality of its master. Lady is quiet and refined. Just submits to be killed.