Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It should be called Game of Thrones: Tit Fest

and to answer your question, the tits were exquisite.

#41 GQMartin, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

IJR, they took a big risk.

They went like 90% expository, 10% action.

The 10 minute preview (which turned out to be the first 10 minutes) mislead me I guess.
    I was hoping for more action, IDK.

3. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

*****spoiler****

I thought killing a boy who caught you cheating on your husband (with your brother) was pretty melodramatic. Why not just scare the living shit out of him.

I liked it but they just threw so much at us I know I did not catch half of it. Are the books good?

#43 kbgreen, Apr 18, 2011
  4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Spartucus ? Whats that then??

Trust me, your going to need to sit through at least 2 episodes of this, if its going to be anywhere near the book.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

***SPOILER****

I haven't read the books, but did the boy die? They certainly didn't show that.

Edit: someone at work told me about the previews for upcoming episodes.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

******Spoiler********

No he doesnt die

7. colleen74

colleen74 Member

We will continue to watch it for a bit. It was obvious that they were just laying groundwork and that there was a lot of that to be laid.

Spartacus is the PERFECT series! Graphic violence... tons of sex (though we watched the prequel series before the first and are a bit bummed that there is less sex than there was in the prequel)... and a great story to boot!

[YOUTUBE]yHxn8mTpAJU[/YOUTUBE]

8. ........

........ Trolls

She's the queen. He's in the kingsguard. The King's best friend is the kid's dad. The Lannisters aren't exactly the type to take a risk when their lives are very much at stake. If Bran spoke, they'd be dead. In the book, he also overhears them talking about having killed Jon Arryn (the former Hand of the King).

And the books are phenomenal. You should pick up the first one. Quick enough read that you should have zero trouble staying ahead of the game heading into next week.

Things will round out either way.

#48 ........, Apr 18, 2011
  9. ........

........ Trolls

They're staying true to the book. There is a LOT of exposition. You won't see heavy action until late. Make no mistake, this one is more intrigue and drama than fantasy.

10. ........

........ Trolls

Not if you think it's going to be anything like Spartacus. It's deeper and more complex.

Yikes. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Wholeheartedly so. Spartacus is good, but sex + violence = perfect?

11. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

The books start out the same way though.. all is revealed later in the story. Stick with it, it will will make sense. There is a lot of foreboding stuff in the first episode... "winter is coming", and the talk about the others and dire wolves beyond the wall.

If you read the books you had to spend some time getting into the story and learning about the many, many characters and entangled plots.

#51 Jetzz, Apr 18, 2011
  12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

This show is soooo not Spartacus. I think it is still going to be a great show, but a little different from the type of show Spartacus was. I think that people who are impatient for things to happen will lose interest faster than those who will take the time to let things unfold. Likely to see more stretches of non-violence for a while at least, but there should be plenty of sex to go around. lol

13. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

This show is more "Rome" and "Spartacus", which is great to me since I thought Rome was by far the better series. I like Spartacus for what it was, and enjoyed watching it, but Rome blew it out of the water.

I've got high hopes for this series. I'll wait for the first 4 episodes to decide if its good or not.

14. ........

........ Trolls

Well said. Have you read the books? Just trying to get a sense of where everyone is coming from here.

I'm not sure about everyone yet, since there's been so little, but the casting seems to be absolutely spot on so far. Danaerys will take time to see if she's right for the role, and I'm really curious to see how Varys, Renly, and Petyr Baelish are, and of course to see more of Sandor Clegane.

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Its going to be strange for me, because I was only half way through the book and had to leave it behind. Sooo I kind of remember the storyline to a point, but never found out what happened in the end.
    can't wait!!

#55 gustoonarmy, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  16. ........

........ Trolls

You can always pick it back up!

17. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Disagree. It's at the very least a close decision. I thought the last episode of Blood and Sand was probably the best season finale of any HBO, Starz or Showtime series, and this was largely due to the buildup of the preceding episodes. Watching the slaves run riot through that house, butchering their pompous Roman tormentors was incredible TV. Spartacus G.O.A., while too short, also delivered with the final episode.

On topic, I like what I saw so far from Game of Thrones. I'm not familiar with the books but this type of TV always draws me in. Looks like there's gonna be war, hopefully they do some big battle scenes instead of just showing the aftermath.

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

HBO fucked up by canceling Rome.

That series was great.

19. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Usual over hyped HBO post Deadwood/Sopranos series, was like a poor mans Conan ( which is saying something). Tried too hard to fit a confusing story into an hour with characters that were paper thin at best.

20. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Poor man's Conan... that is funny... :lol:

It is a series so you can't fit the whole story in an hour. And the characters will take time to develop. You do realize how a series on cable or prime-time works, right?