Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I'm so pissed Rhaenys didn't just torch the entire ceremony. I heard that scene was very different from the book

bicketybam likes this.
  2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'm starting the book now but I know she didn't dracaras their asses even though she should have.

3. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It isn't really a book in the way the others were. It's written as a historical analysis rather than a novel, with multiple primary sources being quoted, often contradictory and only a few things confirmed by all sources. The whole area of Daemon's wives has been significantly altered. I'm not sure why yet. I suspect they have plans for one character in particular whose role has been significantly changed to the point where it bears no resemblance to what is in the book.

They did Viserys' death pretty well. He's been ill forever and died naturally but with just a hint of the possibility that Alicent helped him along.

4. bicketybam

He didn't look like he needed much help

5. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

No he didn't. But she was the last one to see him and the accusations are out there already. That's all it was in the book, just a hint. I was glad to see they didn't go further. Given the way they F'ed the GoT ending up and they've portrayed Alicent to date I wasn't sure they'd resist the temptation to have her off him with a pillow.

By the way, for those who are reading it the bit they are covering in the TV series starts about half way in. The book covers 3 or 4 kings before Viserys as well.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This show sucks compared to the original GoT. Have we seen any naked women the whole series? That was the best part of the original.

Next episode we might be 10, 20, or 50 years into the future. Because why not

7. bicketybam

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

S1 finale was fine. I liked how they ended it right before the start of the fighting. That would have been miserable to get into the fight + then wait until 2024 for S2.

Daemon found out pretty quick about Luke getting killed was the only thing that was a little off for me.

9. bicketybam

I'm really enjoying it. First couple of episodes were a little slow but since then it's been fantastic.

10. BrowningNagle

did we NEED another birthing scene?

11. BrowningNagle

1st GoT was for men. Hot naked chicks, badass men you could root for. Manly storylines

This one is definitely for women, I don't think it's a coincidence that most of the episodes are directed by women. The female characters are the power, all the men are either weak or stupid. Seriously though, the only enduring male character is the guy diddling his niece? And even he is weak to her demands

Also no hot chicks or nudity but we get 2 whole episodes with gruesome birthing scenes and 2 other episodes with abortion references. Definitely designed for women

12. bicketybam

Andrew Tate is looking for more friends. Look him up.

13. BrowningNagle

Chappelle made the show much better

abyzmul and FJF like this.