Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

form what i heard only like the final 3 episodes are longer. I'm guessing next weeks episode ends with the white walkers arriving. episodes 4-5 will mostly be the battle and final episode will center on the fallout after the war.

Overall though while it wasn't an exciting episode (there was some cool moments though like the burned child and the greyjoys) but it was an important one. John found out who he really is finally, cersei put a hit out on her 2 brothers, everyone reunited, white walkers are getting close. Sam found out his brother and father were both executed by dany for not bending the knee. Lots of throwback stuff too coming full circle. It's worth watching the 5 min "inside the episode" stuff at the end for sure

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Episode 3 is going to be Battle Of Winterfell, it's going to be like 80+ minutes. Episode 2 will the walkers arriving (probably at the end of the episode).

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I thought it did a good job of reuniting everyone and setting up the rest of the season. Wish I knew WTF that spiral is.
    Episode 2 is 58 mins
    Episode 3 1 hour 22 mins
    Episode 4 1 hour 18 mins
    Episodes 5&6 1 hour and 20 mins
    All the rest of the episodes have the"adult content" warning so the action should begin episode 2 and continue to the end.

4. TonyFtLaud

Episode 2 trailer

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

its clear they got some new writers or something. Last night's episode sucked, the dialogue really sucks compared to early seasons and some of the decisions made with the plot are just dumb

Sam Hammer and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

they ran out of source material a while ago. with that said i did think the episode was pretty good. it was everyone getting ready for war and enjoying their possible last moments together before shit hits the fan next week. lots of reunions and unlikely alliances. Only thing i'm not a fan of is the jon/dany relationship with them both knowing who he is, and why sansa all of a sudden is considered smart

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It was stupid. for starters, there's not a chance Jamie Lannister is allowed to show up and live, let alone have a jolly old time with the boys.

and half the show was people sitting around drinking and playing grabass with cheesy predictable lines. That's one of the reasons people have loved Game of Thrones, because stuff like that was avoided, its clear they are mailing it in

Sam Hammer and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

disagree. all the major people are connected in some way. Dany is trying to win the favor of the north as they are noticeably apprehensive towards her so she can't do anything rash that would hurt her image. especially being pitched as the "kind ruler" and all. Sana trusts brianne and dany still trusts tyrion. both of them vouched for him. he also showed up without an army and let her know cersei double crossed her. Tyrion and Jamie have always had a soft spot for each other. who in that room would have any legit beef with jamie? tyrion is his brother, brianne was saved by him. Also the old "enemy of my enemy is my friend" saying couldn't ring truer right now. It's more about the living vs the dead right now for everyone on the show (except cersei) and they need as many fighters as possible. Wouldn't make sense to execute a knight when you are short on fighters as it is.

as far as the playing grabass thing, it's all leading up to the final battle. it's common in times of war for your "possible last night alive" for soldiers to come together and try to enjoy it. they could all be dead tomorrow and it was a perfect opportunity to show the growth of everyone and their current relationships and to show that living vs dead is more important then the rest of the stuff right now. People are just angry because they are getting impatient. They are so fixated on the final ending they aren't enjoying the ride. Not to say this season has been perfect, i have my gripes as well but it was far from a shitty episode.

9. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

I actually quite like the character moments. A lot of these people have tons of history but haven't seen each other in multiple seasons, it's good to see them take some time and interact. Next week will be all the blood and death you can handle and more.

Only problem is that it would have to be one hell of an episode to justify the 7+ seasons they've spent building to this moment. You can't have the army of the dead just go poof in the confines of one easy battle. There's no way the North should win, but they must win (else the Night King just raises them all as wights and becomes unstoppable). It would be hilarious if this is just a feint, and he actually marches south and massacres King's Landing.

Cidusii and GasedAndConfused like this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

Night King wasn't there at the end of the episode, you might be onto something

11. GasedAndConfused

the battle is supposed to be pretty massive. I'd honestly expect the battle to take up a majority of the next 3 episodes and the final episode will be the fallout/conclusion and whatnot

also in what world does bran think using himself as bait in a courtyard is smart. since the NK has a flying dragon and can just fly over and burn him and why wouldn't they cut off his arm so he sin't marked anymore?

12. GasedAndConfused

nah, NK always hunts the 3 eyed raven. he's going for bran. however after he gets bran it's possible he backs out and heads to KL instead but doubtful

13. 101GangGreen101

he could be just going to Kings Landing to get millions more of White Walkers. Of course the end game is to hunt the Raven, but I don't think he's going to take the Dragon to Winterfell right away ... He wasn't there at the end of Episode 2. Also, there was a scene a few seasons back where Bran saw Kings Landing being attacked by a Dragon.

14. GasedAndConfused

killing the raven isn't end game for him though. it's necessary for him to do that to reach his end game. bran is the only one who can figure that out so they can a counter attack. once he gets bran nobody will know what his end game is. he has to take bran out 1st before he can do anything else. of course if he gets bran out he can leave wintefell and go to KL if that's part of his plan. only thing we know is he wants to get bran 1st

15. 101GangGreen101

he wants to get Bran, but its an absolute possibility you don't see the Dragon or the NK in Winterfell first which is the original point. but its whatever we will see, GOT is a great show, but I am not as dedicated as everyone else

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

After years of neglect, someone at work convinced me to start watching. Even though I have missed tons of plot line and history I got hooked watching the opener last weekend. Last night was a complete bore except when the Princess jumped the blacksmith to experience sex..till then a real snorer.

The Wise Dwarf predicts they all might survive..

Question: Will 2 Dragons be enough to barbecue the Dead? And the Wheelchair guy as bait for the Night King seems like an interesting clue

17. GasedAndConfused

i mean it's a TV sow so doens't have to always make sense or be consitent lol anything can happen. They said they even filmed multiple endings so the ending they use can't leak
    yeah if you didn't watch it all then last nights episode wouldn't have a lot of significance. i can see it being a bore for someone just jumping in as there isn't much context. the princess (aria) was kind of creepy since she was like 15 when she started on the show and really didn't need to see that even though she's of legal age now she still kind of looks like a kid. it was odd to me that scene was even in there. The wildling leader telling the story about his nickname was pretty great though even without context

18. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I didn't have an issue with the episode last night, they were all enjoying their last moments before a battle where they think they're going to all die. It makes the characters feel human and it provided me with an added appreciate for the adventure I went through with all these characters for the last 8 years.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Apparently the White Walkers killed off the writers.

Sam Hammer and BrowningNagle like this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

It's tough to understand what's happened in episode 1 and 2 missing the full 7 years of history between the characters. Lots of loose ends being tied up, people with a lifetime of history coming together for what could very well be their last days alive, most will die.
    As for 2 dragons, that's the current count, but old storylines leave the possibility that number could change.