GAC - Post big free agent mock draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 15, 2022.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Updated since we signed jacob martin

I'm going to do this with no trades and be as realistic as possible

version 1 (If KT i there at 4)

4 - Kayvon Thibodeaux EDGE
    I really think he's going to slide to 4. I think the top 3 go ekwonu, hutch, neal. O-line and edge are all premium positions, houston likely wants to sure up the o-line to see what they have in mills when he has some help. it's also a deep class and after they trade watson which is coming soon they'll have more picks to address other needs like well basically their whole team. as good as hamilton is, i'd take him if KT and hutch are gone but I think being a safety he's gonna fall a little

10 - Garrett Wilson WR
    It seems more and more likely we are targeting a WR in the draft. JD has been linked to burks and london which makes sense wanting a bigger guy for the outside with davis. which moves moore and berrios as the 2 slots. I'm picking wilson because he's the consensus best WR in the draft with good yac ability and long speed. i'm personally not a fan of any WR this draft in the top 10 but it seems to be the way JD is going but i'm thinking london and burks may be smoke screens so people don't jump us for wilson

35 - Perrion Winfrey
    we still have a hole at DT with foley leaving. JD and saleh are both big on building the trenches. I think winfrey is a solid pick to add to Q, rankins, shepard, and marshall

38 - Christian Watson WR
    He blew up the combine and jumped from a 4th rounder to likely a 2nd. some have rumored even a 1st. The thing is I can't understand why he isn't rated higher and was rated so low to begin with. his film is clean and he just dominated. his combine showed his athletic ability but his film is even cleaner as he made it look too easy so I think people are in the mind the competition was too weak and he wasn't tested but realistically I think he was just that good and has the tools and ability to flash in the NFL as well. just because we took 1 WR high doesn't mean a 2nd one doesn't make sense. davis has only 1 year left after this year. berrios is likely departing in 2024 as well and is just a depth guy. this means in 2024 we can be looking at a wilson, watson, moore trio and plus we'll have depth in the meantime for injuries

69 - Greg Dulcich TE
    I know we signed uzomah but he's 29 on a 3 year deal and we brought in conklin too, but that doesn't mean we can't look at a 3rd TE. Dulcich offers a lot in the passing game and I think is underrated and a steal here. I think he's TE2 behind mcbride.

111 - Troy Anderson LBer
    a smart pure athlete. 4.0 GPA and class Valedictorian in high school. played QB/HB until switching to LBer for his final 2 years. he's smart, can read offenses and has great short area burst. fits saleh's system well and could QB the D from the sam position. basically a mosley replacement who can sit behind mosley for a year

117 - Jerome Ford RB
    we have carter but not much behind him. coleman is who is he and is on a cheap 1 year deal. we still need a !B to carters 1A as MLF likes to rotate RBs and keep them fresh. ford is a similar back to carter but also has homerun speed and fits the system well

146 - cole strange - OG
    Depth on the o-line is always important. We've obviously locked in our starters for the next 3-4 years with AVT and tomlinson but adding more depth always helps. especially if we need a replacement at some point because we can't resign AVT or have to cut tomlinson in 3 years. he's been rumored as a JD favorite and fits all the JD qualities of team captain and high football IQ

163 - Markquese bell - S
    JD loves late round DBs. joyner is on a 1 year deal, we added whitehead. davis and pinnock are the depth. Bell can compete for a spot and fits the system well. the 6-2 212lb safety and former WR earned a 9.54RAS has great ball trakcing skills and is stout as a run defender. could be a late round gem DB which has been JDs specialty lately between hall, echols, guidry, and carter II

Version 2 (if KT goes in the top 3)

4 - Kyle Hamilton S
    Assuming hutch and KT are gone, I think JD goes with hamilton. both him and saleh said they look for blue chip unicorns in the 1st and hamilton fits the mold. He's a generational safety prospect who is a game changer on defense offenses need to account for. can play the run and pass equally well, large, quick, and fast processor. he's not adams, he's adams combined with maye in 1 safety

10 - Jermaine Johnson EDGE
    If we don't get an edge at 4, I think JD takes one at 10. they always stress the importance of d-line and johnson is a solid player in both the pass and run, has produced in college, impressed at the combine and his film is clean. not to mention very high motor guy. I think he fits the bill perfectly

35 - Perrion Winfrey
    we still have a hole at DT with foley leaving. JD and saleh are both big on building the trenches. I think winfrey is a solid pick to add to Q, rankins, shepard, and marshall

38 - Christian Watson WR
    He blew up the combine and jumped from a 4th rounder to likely a 2nd. some have rumored even a 1st. The thing is I can't understand why he isn't rated higher and was rated so low to begin with. his film is clean and he just dominated. his combine showed his athletic ability but his film is even cleaner as he made it look too easy so I think people are in the mind the competition was too weak and he wasn't tested but realistically I think he was just that good and has the tools and ability to flash in the NFL as well. I think 38 is a good WR spot this year with the deep class. same way we got moore in a similar spot last year.

69 - Nik Bonito LB/EDGE
    Bonito is an interesting prospect as he can play edge and rush the passer but also be a SAM and drop back in coverage. I think he's the type of weapon we can find ways to use where he can be a LBer in the rare 4-3 situations as well as a rotational edge rusher

111 - Jake Furgeson TE
    Just because we signed 2 TEs doesn't mean a 3rd won't be a need. Furgeson is a nasty blocker who has some receiving ability as well. we could use him in the FB role to replace bawden and as TE depth

117 - Jerome Ford RB
    we have carter but not much behind him. coleman is who is he and is on a cheap 1 year deal. we still need a !B to carters 1A as MLF likes to rotate RBs and keep them fresh. ford is a similar back to carter but also has homerun speed and fits the system well

146 - cole strange - OG
    Depth on the o-line is always important. We've obviously locked in our starters for the next 3-4 years with AVT and tomlinson but adding more depth always helps. especially if we need a replacement at some point because we can't resign AVT or have to cut tomlinson in 3 years. he's been rumored as a JD favorite and fits all the JD qualities of team captain and high football IQ

163 - Obinna Eze OT
    We solidified the starters at o-line but getting young depth can be important as well. mcdermott is on a 1 year deal, edoga is a FA after this year. drafting eze gives us insurance for injuries as a guy we can develop and hope for the best

#1 GasedAndConfused, Mar 15, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    Noam likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I know most people will think I’m totally crazy, but my gut tells me that the Jets might select Lindenbaum at 10 cementing the C position for the next ten years and potentially releasing McGovern in the process or transition him out during 2022.

3. GasedAndConfused

it's possible for sure but we used 1sts in consecutive years on the o-line plus signed 3 big free agents. seems overkill

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You're not crazy, I doubt the Jets are going to pay McGovern 10 + mill this year. They owe him nothing, there is no guaranteed money, plus he's not a very good player. A rookie contract would be more to JD's liking. There are a few other Centers we could get in round 2 or 3 also.

5. GasedAndConfused

i've never understood the hate jet fans have for solid players. mcgovern isn't a pro bowler but he's a consistent top 10 C in the NFL year in and year out. he's not the issue. the line should be good this year barring injuries

Jojo and dawinner127 like this.
  6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Drafting two edges in the top 10 is excessive. The rest of the draft looks good to me

b.reyes16 likes this.
  7. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Agreed. Or Garrett Wilson at 10.

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I didn't hate on McGovern, he's average and not worth 10 Mill, that's pretty clear.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’m all for lindenbaum at 10. I was thinking the same thing as soon as we signet LT.

blackssmagic and Red Menace like this.
  10. Jason MacIsaac

Lindenbaum at 10 is horrendous. He is one of the most undersized centers you will find. Pick Thibodeaux at 4 and trade down a few spots and grab a WR in the low/mid teens.

11. Jason MacIsaac

Agreed, if he is the weakest link on the OLine then the Jets will have a top 5 OLine.

JetFanInPA and Jojo like this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

and I get why people would think that, but with our system and salehs/JDs philosphy and the price of free agent edges and how good this edge class is, it makes sense.
    based on what. a guy who is consistently a top 10 OC and has only missed 1 game in the past 4 years. seems worth 10 mil to me
    exactly. you can't have all pros at every position. you need a solid well rounded group. no reason to create holes where they don't exist

13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That’s definitely in play …

14. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I just don't think I could take 2 edge players in the top 10 in the same draft. Definitely not my least favorite idea, but we already have invested $$ there with Lawson.

The other thing that I've seen swinging in mock drafts is Hutch going #1 overall, which makes the Lions pick that much more interesting

Red Menace and b.reyes16 like this.
  15. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

It is a very Jets thing to have a top tier center

16. b.reyes16

He's pretty normal sized for a center. Not sure I want him since McGovern is fine, but he's probably the cleanest prospect in the draft.

blackssmagic likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

anything can happen on draft day

in regards to 2 edges remember we did that in 2000 with abraham and ellis and it worked great. edge is a premium position. yes we have lawson but he's coming off a major injury and may not be the same impact we expected last year.
    on top of that we are thin at DT too, JFM can slide inside at DT giving us a line of KT,JFM,Q,Lawson. with the primary subs as johnson, winfrey, then huff and rankins.

saleh was with the niners when they had already used a 1st on buckner in 2016 and they still took thomas in 2017, then in 2019 traded for dee ford and drafted bosa. saleh believes having a wealth of pass rushers is the way his defense works

18. GasedAndConfused

many consider him a bit undersized. I think the cleanest prospect is hamilton

19. b.reyes16

Fair, kind of a push

20. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Your pre FA mock was way better ;)