GAC -Mock Offseason 1.0

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Dec 21, 2021.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

If we had 1 pick in the mid 20’s it means we’re a playoff team with fewer holes…. But I’ll play. Write out our playoff roster and I’ll say who’d I’d pick with #25

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

well in your scenario i'd trade down. get an extra 2nd rounder and take edge, TE, and OG with the late 1st/ early 2nds

Footballgod214 likes this.
  3. KingRoach

Idk how anyone can look at the Williams tape and say there are no #1 receivers

4. GasedAndConfused

I said no WRs worth taking top 10. I don't think williams is worth a top 10 pick.
    I don't mean this in a bad way but williams tape reminds me of robby anderson (who i'm higher on then most here) which is a compliment but not a guy i'd take top 10. he's tall, lanky, and fast and got by in college by running by people. he needs to work on his complete game still. I think we have bigger needs then WR and i'd be happy picking a guy later who fits our system better to be the WR3 with davis and moore. a guy like calvin austin III in the 4th or 5th round would get that done

5. KingRoach

Having Cooper and Gallup didn’t stop the Cowboys from drafting Lamb and that turned out well.

I admit, I’m not a talent evaluator, I’m basing my part of my opinion on all the “experts” touting his route running as best in class.

6. GasedAndConfused

true but lamb was a top 10 talent that slipped. the value was there for them. it made sense. it only happened because the raiders reached for ruggs instead of being smart and taking lamb. lamb is a much better prospect then williams. If I rated the 2021, 2020, and 2022 drafts WRs here is a list of WRs who are better prospects then anyone in this class

jeudy
    lamb
    jefferson
    chase
    waddle
    smith
    moore

the top guys in this class are more in the realm of guys like
    toney
    bateman
    ruggs
    reagor
    ayiuk

and none of them went top 10 except ruggs because raiders are bad at drafting. had williams come out last year he would have ben ranked as the 5-7th best WR in the draft. right now he is a top 3 in the 2022 draft and was considered a 2nd rounder unti very recently he's shooting up boards into the mid to late 1st.

7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

infections with these orthopedic procedures are not common but can mask in a variety of ways (clinical and subclinical) and ultimately slow down the healing process.

its either that or there was more damage than the imaging showed and hence a more extensive repair.

either way his weight on the joint certainly isn't a positive so i look for him to be about 30lbs lighter for next years initial playing weight.

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

thats the luxury the boys had with their QB, RB and OL in place.

how nice would that be for the jets??.