Funny Article (from SD)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, May 29, 2007.

1. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

AND lets see merriman play a full season without steroids....

2. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

not to mention, Cotchery & Rivers already have a lot of chemistry from playing at NC State together and breaking nearly every record.

3. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

Where do these writers get this stuff? No sources... no quotes.. nothing.

Honestly, where do I sign up to get paid to write on toilet paper with my own shit and sell it to people?

4. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

y do you think he would??? He?s a Superstar now, the League won?t let him fail another test.

5. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

the fact that he was outed at all baffled me! here was a guy that was polarizing the defense for the team with the best record in the league....

i just wonder who this writer thinks he is, and how dumb he feels the jets FO is. sure merriman is a player....a guy that can make plays when they need to be made....but he got nailed with roids and thats a big fauxpa (sp?) in the nfl....sure it might be a rampant thing, but superstars getting caught def brings them down a peg, especially for a trade. doubt starts to creep in, and i guess its a local writers responsibility to figure ways to move them from the team.

aj isnt a dummy, but neither are tangini....theres no way, shape or form that we move rhodes....let alone package him with cotch and thomas (who excelled this year under the 3-4 mangini defense) for a steroid chompin LB....

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I know you posted this for off-season fodder, but I think we can all agree that this would be probably the most damaging and dumbest trade in Jets history.

7. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Only look at this guy if Robin Hood is on our team.

8. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Yeah, but isn't that like saying I thought I was going to catch you cheating with my old lady 20 times, but I found you with her only once, so we can still be friends?

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Why would we do that when we could have just signed Thomas back in March and given up nothing? We aren't big on getting established players in case you haven't noticed.

10. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

you can?t compare them. Sure you can on the field, but Merriman is much more "precious" than Thomas. First of all he?s cheap (capvise) and Merriman can help us building a championchip team. AD is just too old for a team, that?s building for 2009 or 2010. Merriman than is 25-26. If Shawne would have been a FA this year, i?m sure we would have been in the bidding war.

11. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

merriman is lucky he wasnt a FA this season....that steroids thing would have def cost him money. i know in the nfl its fogive and forget mentality can get guys money and a "stay of execution" when things go bad, but the fact that he performed at such a high level and got caught using something that could end up reducing his numbers without it could have cost him dearly. if he puts up the monster numbers he has been and gets a clean bill of health he will def get a sick payout....but him being under contract for another year is the best thing hes got going for him...