Full summary of recent events - attacks, conspiracies and bans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Don't feel bad about the average part, I'd say my knowledge would be average as well. I enjoy watching the game, I know the history, I play fantasy but honestly I don't know the difference between a 3-4 and a 4-3 defense (ok I'm just kidding about that) but part of the goal of the board is to give fans of any level whether they are average followers or hardcore fans the ability to interact with one another without having to worry about being bullied by people who either feel their knowledge is elite or just think it's funny. I've been posting here for 8 years and over the years the board has had many members come and go. I'm sure when I started posting here I said some stupid things but never got attacked for them, nobody should have to. I probably wouldn't have come back had I, I don't get offended easily but why waste your time if that happens? I've learned a lot from a lot of people over the years of posting here but part of the thing is we haven't had as many newer posters contribute to the board and many of us feel that is because they'd say something that wasn't agreed with by the masses and get attacked for it. Going forward we're looking to avoid that and want to encourage the newer posters to post more.

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Koz took the hammer? Wow, that I don't get.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Few questions:

Who are the remaining mods?
    Also, I suggest Petro gets involved in mod decisions and use Cman in figuring out new moderators, considering Petro values Cman's work

Who are the new posters who are brought back from bans?
    I think there were alot of non Jets fans banned too who I am not sure if all went overboard with their discussions

~~~
    Some of these other posters brought alot of humor to the bullshit forum, and alot of inappropriate content and language that did cross the line. I know myself, I did use the word "faggots" quite a bit and it was inspired from some of the chatter there :sad:

Hope we all have fun and do not attack posters to the extreme if they dont know their information.

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

No he didn't.

5. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Well, as Soss and I agreed, no-one knows the full picture. Lots of people know things that others don't, so without wishing to be rude, without having been on the inside of it you probably know less than most. I wouldn't presume to know everything, and nor should you.

Congratulations. You just proved my previous point.

I believe that that case may be being slighly overstated, but I don't think that there's any dispute that it did happen in a couple of cases and it wasn't the right thing to do. As I said, the new site now has a charter and rules and there's a clear statement not to attack or go after this or any other site.

Actually, they can't. For the very reason stated above.

So you're saying you think it should be "us or them"? That was my entire point of getting involved in this thread to start with. Why should it? I like TGG and I want to stay on it, but I also want to be part of the new site. As long as I operate within the rules of both which I think I have taken great care to do, I have a big issue with your statement.

Those ex-members aren't entering into a debate about it, they're ex-members and they can't put their point of view. Which is fine, no-one is arguing their banning - but I'm a current member of TGG and I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to offer my counter view.

For someone who doesn't care, you sure wrote a lot about it.

#105 Johnny English, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  6. Dierking

Abyzmul said he was gone. This is all so confusing. Can you give a brother a scorecard or something?

7. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Koz might be "gone" in that he's on another board, but he still has full posting privileges here.

8. Barry the Baptist

He left on his own, he never did anything ban worthy. If he doesn't come back I know I'll be disappointed.

9. Gator

Gator Active Member

Here's a good way to look at it. If someone were to say....I think Chad Pennington had an OK arm...you could respond with....FAIL!!!!! FAIL!!! Chad couldnt throw the 15 yard out to save his life! You know nothing about football. What a stupid ass. Then you can post a picture of a Cat falling on it's head.

You can do all that . It's the internet. But what you may not realize is that while you may have been right on the football point you were just a complete douchenozzle.

It's better to act like the guy just said it at the water cooler, or sitting next to you on a plane. In that case you might mention the point about the 15 yard out. You might say you disagree. You might THINK the guy knows nothing. That's OK. You're not gonna yell FAIL!! FAIL!! Cat Picture! Cat picture! in real life. Why? Because you would know yourself that you're a huge douchenozzle.

So try to act that way here because it makes for a better board. :)

10. Mantana Soss

I understand your campaign for moral ground, because YOU have it. But you're arguing for a side that has a large percentage undeserving of you, and you've got an awful tough hill to climb in winning opinions over in this thread.

There is a fairly obvious reason your charter doesn't allow discussing this. Guilt.

11. Mantana Soss

Hahahah I like this post.

Hey Petro, does vBulletin have any mods for a like button?

12. Johnny English

Again, let's make sure that this is clarified for everyone so that there's no misunderstanding: as long as a poster operates within the rules of the site on which you are posting, there is absolutely no reason why you should not post on as many sites as you wish. The other site will not in any way, shape or form attempt to dissuade users from visiting or posting on TGG, and any post or thread that in any way denigrates or attacks TGG will be removed and the poster treated accordingly. I would hope that TGG will take the same approach, and certainly your earlier posts, Soss, encourage me to think that that will be the case.

13. Johnny English

Yes - because it's the right thing to do. As we discussed earlier, a number of people involved with both sites would undoubtedly do some things differently with the benefit of hindsight, but given we can't change the past I'm just trying to make sure that we can co-exist in a more peaceful future.

Again, my position is essentially selfish. I want to post on both sites and I don't want the actions of any individuals on either side over whose behaviour I have no control to determine my ability to do that. I imagine that quite a few people are in a similar position to me in that respect.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Charters can and will be amended. Once they tire of eating each other they will look outward. There's a reason we crawled out of the sea. We need variety in our snacks.

15. Mantana Soss

I agree. I cannot formally speak for everyone, but I'm certainly not going to ban or judge anyone for posting on other boards.

But that doesn't mean we are going to offer you free promotion by discussing your place directly, given the past.

Fair?

16. Dierking

Holy fuck. Posting on two Jets boards? Don't you people have jobs?

17. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

18. Barry the Baptist

That seems to be my understanding, I can't speak for all but I don't have any issue with guys posting in both places. I'm not going to ban anybody for doing so as long as they're not using it as means to promote the other place. I like most of the people that are over there, I've never had any issue with them so I'd hope that some of those guys would post here as well because quite a few of them bring a lot to this board. It doesn't need to be a pissing contest between the two, I know a lot of guys there and a lot of guys here met to honor the passing of one of our posters and I've hung out with some guys there so it's not like there needs to be any ill will or animosity towards each other. I don't think the goal is to try and ruin what you guys are doing but we'd hope that your not trying to do the same to this place.

19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Geez this thread has given me a headache.

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You should sell them add space based on clicks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.