Full 2021 Mock Offseason

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He has an unspectacular pass rushing game. But he had the game clinching 94 yard interception return for a TD in overtime. Which is bizarre in CFB given the format.

He's an incredible athlete. And it's tough to really judge him as an edge rusher because they drop him a lot into coverage from the edge and he plays a big of ILB.

Watching Rondale Moore tonight and the kid needs to stop high stepping. Encouraged by his athleticism not encouraged by the strength of his hands. Just had the chance to secure a big TD before half and he bobbled it. He's also fumbled twice already. I went in with an open mind and he really is just Tavon Austin. David Bell their other receiver is the real prize.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The fact that he's not complete and still needs to develop his game makes me think he'll be there at the Jets 2nd pick with a little luck. Yes, ideally it would be great if the Jets could draft a finished, "can't miss" pass rusher, but those guys are usually gone by the 3rd or 4th pick, and if the Jets used their first pick on a pass rusher over Lawrence or Fields that would finish me right there. I'm ok with them taking a guy with a great motor and athleticism who has given some proof of being able to be successful, which Zaven Collins has done. Of course there's a lot of time between now and the draft and other possibilities may appear.

3. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't read the 8 pages but do we take a serious look at this Running back in Alabama? Najee Harris.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We should. We need a starting RB. The best 5 candidates for that are Travis Etienne, Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Kenneth Gainwell, and Chuba Hubbard.

5. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Can't agree with you more. Gase was an awful hire. Huge mistake but we got Douglas out of it. Huge positive. Like you said hopefully they hand the keys to Douglas and don't look back. It's one draft but through 10 games it looks good. Hopefully with some money this offseason another draft and his own coach hire we can turn this around and finally have the right guy.

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

So what makes u think JD is the the next coming? :mad:

Ralebird likes this.
  7. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Never said the next coming. Definitely has made mistakes. Robby comes to mind but look at the positives:

1. Adams trade: two first round picks for a safety. We don't have to pay $20 million for him.
    2. Becton, Mims, and Davis through ten games look like contributors for awhile. Those three make it the best draft in 15-20 years. Probably starters. Add in Mann. Four very good draft picks.
    3. Hall looks like he can contribute. We'll see. Time will tell on Zuniga and Clark. Not a fan of the Morgan pick we'll see. So in 2020 draft picks 50% look like contributors for awhile. A positive.
    4. Free agency: Didn't do great this year. Lets see what happens this offseason with some money.

Definitely time will tell but so far the returns look good. He's definitely made mistakes but I see more positives. I see a guy who knows how to build and after a year and a half he's done more good for the organization than the last two gms. Time will tell but at least I feel we have a component gm with promise. We're 0-10 we have to find some positive signs.

I'm not saying I'm right but what have you seen to say he's not the guy?

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

When I see him I start coming so I’m thinking he’ll probably be the next coming as well