FrontPage Mag: New York Jets Draft Pick Tweets Against Israel

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by MikeSLTJ23, May 20, 2013.

1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

IRA used to give bomb warnings prior to detonation and they were still acts of terror. The purpose is the same, and blowing up a building with a warning is still an act of terrorism, choosing to go ahead and blow up a building even after the warning was ignored is doubly so.

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Thats the fun part of the whole thing, when an act of terrorism is comitted by those you agree with it's often viewed as an act of patriotism....if the Brits had won the American Revolution well.....

The reality is for all the good that's come out of it thanks to the wisdom of a few great men, Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Etc, the revolutionary war was really started and flamed on by bootleggers, smugglers and other riff raff. We were fortunate to have a few great men that rose above that level and created a truly great nation.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

it would be terrible for him to acknowledge the story even exists. this kid has done nothing wrong and should not feel any obligation to defend his beliefs,religion,ethnicity or up bringing.

4. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Fixed

Except Norse Mythos. That shit's cool.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I stopped reading halfway through. What a garbage article, clearly intended to slander the man. As an american he is allowed to speak his mind about Israel. He's from Palestine, what do you expect? For him to sing Israel's praises when they've both been fighting for so long?

What a bullshit racist disgustingly false statement. The article proceeds to say "Oh his sister said this" and "oh his friend from back in the day said this!" This is a propaganda piece and nothing more. If an NFL player from Israel tweeted negative things about Palestine, it would be considered "normal" and nobody would say anything, especially not the biased, one-sided media who is now even attempting to paint our player as a terrorist. What a joke.

#145 Barcs, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Hahaha. That's too funny! Man this guy is such a religious extremist that he USES HIS TWITTER ACCOUNT!!!! OH NOOZZZZ! THE HORROR!!! Cyber terrorism is the worst kind of terrorism. We know nobody gets hurt, but feewings are more important!!

BTW FUCK ISRAEL!

Oh shit! I said the unthinkable. Guess that means I'm an extremist fundamentalist with possible ties to terrorist groups!!!

#146 Barcs, May 21, 2013
  7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

You don't happen to work for the IRS do you?

j/k ;-)

8. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

BS....IRA was intending to kill people and targets.

9. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

More Middle East 'knowledge' -- a product of our public schools and Ivy League elitism. LOL

10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The signs look bad. It's rare to find a pro-"Palestinian" activist who isn't anti-Israel and thus, anti-Jewish.

Usually, pro-"Palestinian" = anti-Israel.

11. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

No, you're just a child.

12. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

+1

+2

"If you read history, you'll find that God is one of the leading causes of death. Has been for thousands of years. Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Christians, all taking turns killing each other cause God told them it was a good idea. "The Sword of God", "The Blood Of The Lamb", "Vengeance is mine". Millions of dead motherfuckers. Millions of dead motherfuckers; all because they gave the wrong answer to the God question. "Do you believe in God?"
    "No."
    BANG. Dead.
    "You believe in God?"
    "Yes.""Do you believe in my God?"
    "No."
    BANG. Dead.
    "My God has a bigger dick than your God!"

- George Carlin

13. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

He left out something important. The British were mainly siding with the Muslims in their zeal to rid the land of Jews. Those efforts included murdering Jews in Israel.

#153 dmw, May 21, 2013
  14. p00ch0

p00ch0 New Member

Anti-Israel DOES NOT mean anti-Jewish. For fuck sake why can't people understand that. I've been to many pro-Palestinian/anti-Israeli rallies with a good number of Jews, Hasidic Jews at that.

I'll day it again Zionism does not equal Judaism.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Just in case you don't realize this, unfortunately, the worst anti-semites are Jewish. I agree with you that anti-Israel doesn't ALWAYS mean anti-Jewish, but it ALMOST ALWAYS does.

16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

The majority of Provisional IRA targets were British military, RUC (basically a protestant police force that did whatever they wanted to Catholics) and other paramilitary groups (people seem to forget there were protestant paramilitary groups that also set off bombs and shot up Catholic areas and they specifically targeted civilians).

IRA civilian casualties account from between 30% to 50% of their total casualties (depending on sources) during the Troubles. Of those there were also reported incidents where bomb threats were called in and the British government refused to evacuate the area (some say because there was public relations battle between the two sides and it made the Brits looks better when the IRA blew up civilians...but hard to know if that's true or not). The majority of casualties were British military groups or other paramilitary groups.

Edit: Also note that the IRA targeted judges and members of parliament so they may be lumped in with "civilians" but it wasn't so clear cut as that. At the time they had the power to give someone life in prison without a trial or any proof being presented. So they would pull over a car of 5 Catholics, plant one gun on them and lock all five up for life without having to provide any evidence or allow them a fair trial. As such the IRA took it into their hands to punish the judges who were handing out these life sentences that were basically in complete disregard to their basic right to a fair trial.

Ulster Defence Force and Ulster Volunteer Force have more in the 75% to 85% range of civilian casualties.

While I wouldn't ever condone killing civilians for any goal I think people have this misinterpretation that the IRA acted in a similar way to Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups who had the one and only goal of mudering as many innocents as possible. That wasn't the case although far too many people lost their lives in that struggle no matter how you break it down.

Thankfully it's quieted down a lot lately. A number of my family members (including my parents) had to live through that. Some who weren't so lucky.

#156 deerow84, May 21, 2013
  17. Warrior

Warrior Member

Nothing and I mean nothing ever justifies the killing of innocents. My uncle was in the IRA before they targeted innocents and even then the early IRA focused on non personnel military targets. The "new" IRA he told me were a buunch of butchers and psychopaths and deserve to be lumped in with all the other disgusting terrorists groups who single out innocents.

18. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

No shit? Can you elaborate on that?

19. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

What part didn't you understand? Do you need examples?

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

what looks bad? because he is pro palestinian or anti israel he is a bad person?