From 12thmanrising -"Seahawks most underrated player: Bradley McDougald"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nycarl, Jul 25, 2020.

1. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

It was pretty simple to understand what he meant bad or not...if someone is handing you a bag full of 20s for free and you didnt have to do anything. Yet your first thought is to complain its not 100s that person is pretty Special and I dont mean the humans who have problems learning.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

When discussing a Jamal Adams trade, I always wanted it to include a Safety replacement so the Jets did not have to role with Ashtyn Davis instantly. So it is pretty amazing that Joe Douglas was able to land a starting caliber safety to replace Adams, along with 2 1st Round Picks and a 3rd Round pick.

If McDougald can play anything close to good in 2020, it would be true icing on the cake of a wonderful deal.

3. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Yes, of course he’s not going to be anything like Jamal Adams. But he is better than any safety you’d bring in off the street right now. The roster is worse than it was this morning, no doubt about it. But the resources they picked up for the future Is where all of the value in this trade lies.

I’m not happy that Adams had to be traded. But I am aware that he created a situation in which there was no choice. The value for the trade was shocking considering the position Adams put them in.

Mogriffjr and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Its lookin

Pretty Pretty Pretty Good...

5. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

My dissatisfaction isn’t simply with the deal itself. I’m frustrated with the player and the team not being able to make it work to begin with. We had a Pro Bowl young punishing defender but for whatever reason he became alienated and they had to settle for a lesser player and a couple of late firsts, which are basically lottery tickets. And this is when the team really needs to start putting it together, not be kicking the can down the road. It’s not the end of the world but it’s a backwards step in a season when Darnold should be entering his prime and the rest of the division is looking more vulnerable than ever.

6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Well to be faire, early firsts are basically just lottery tickets as well.

One of the reasons this team has been bad for so long is because they have made reactionary decisions. You can go back a long way and see it.

Jamal Adams was doing his best to push the team into a reactionary decision, of paying him too early.

This offseason has been just the opposite. Don’t sign big name free agents. Don’t trade for flashy skill positions. Draft the not-sexy offensive tackle in the first round, even when you have your pick of WR’s. Caving in to Adams’ pressure would have been the first step in the steadfast approach Douglas has been working with, and I’m glad they didn’t give in.

I’m irritated Adams took it this far.

I wish the Jets could be good sooner. But these picks will mean a lot. The value is pretty fantastic. Just remember when the Rams traded for Ramsey they were coming off a SB appearance so everyone assumed it would be a late pick, but it ended up being 20. 20 got the Jags K’Lavon Chaisson. Justin Jefferson, Jalen Raegor, Cesar Ruiz, all of those guys were available. I wouldn’t get upset with the pick value.

7. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

My problem is McDougald sounds like an expression for getting pissed.

'Ah man, I was so McDougald last night'.

Good luck to him, obviously.

8. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

This is all on Adams for forcing his way out. According to multiple reports, Douglas was trying to extend Adams this offseason but talks broke down when he wanted to be the highest paid player on the team. As a box safety who doesn't force turnovers. As a SS who had 5 sacks in 2 games vs rookie QBs (Jones and Haskins) and 1.5 in the other 14 games. Who turned on the organization when he was benched for 5 plays for freelancing in a loss. His overinflated sense of worth was a detriment to the team.

nycarl, egelband and Ptflea2 like this.
  9. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

A while back my cousin and I were arguing about Adams and he was raving about how he gets to the QB. I quickly mentioned most of his sacks were against two rookie QBs on terrible teams. All I got were eye rolls.

His pick 6 was in a blow out loss to New England and it wasn't Tommy B who threw it. Adams went on twitter patting himself on the back with a picture of the ball and gloves for his "first touchdown." Dude......Jets got there ass kicked for the fifth straight year against NE......nobody cares about your meaningless INT against a backup.

nycarl and themorey like this.