Free agents list

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FlaJet, Feb 9, 2014.

1. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

15 guys out there you could double-vision into a starter. I smell a drop in the WR market similar to the drop in the CB market last year. Lots of safeties too.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Any chance they give Cromartie the heave-ho and go after Aqib Talib? He seems like both a Rex style corner and the big corner type that Seattle loaded up on while Idzik was there...

I bet they go after a safety or 2 as well. I was hopin the market for guards would be better. Obviously they need WRs..

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

None. Zero. Zip. Nada. Aqib Talib is a thug and locker room cancer. They have absolutely no need for that POS on the team.

5. NCJetsfan

At a number of positions think these guys' ranking of players is nuts. They also have some names in blue and don't explain why. All in all, a fairly sorry job imo.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He's also better and younger than Cromartie, but don't let that influence who you want on your favorite football team.

7. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

Cro will likely be cut then resigned at a more cap friendly number similar to what we did with pace.

8. BrowningNagle

He may or may not be how you describe, but how has that stopped the Jets before? Idzik and Rex both have picked up their fair share of unsavory characters...

9. NCJetsfan

Rex, yes. Idzik, not so much. Goodson is the only one I can think of, and he had no way of knowing that Goodson would wind up getting arrested, for what I believe was the first time. There had been some signs that he could be problematic since neither Carolina nor Oakland decided to keep him, but I don't know that there were any big red flags as there are with Aqib. Aqib has been suspended for drug use and also I think for illegal hits. I think he has also been arrested a couple of times before for drug possession or assault or something.

Even if Idzik did roll the dice on Goodson or others last year, he didn't have a lot of choice since the Jets had no cap space and lots of holes. Hopefully, with having learned from the situation and having lots of cap space this year and 12 draft picks, he won't be tempted to go that route again.

10. NCJetsfan

As I've told you before, I'm consistent on this. I don't want any thugs, criminals or druggies on this team. I don't think teams have to resort to that in order to build strong, winning teams. They think they do, or go that route because it's the easiest or they don't care about character. I do. I can't and won't root for a team like the Oakland Raiders of the 70s and 80s where they were a bunch of very talented thugs.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Seahawks had plenty of players that did PED - those damn druggies.

12. NCJetsfan

I'm not a Seahawks fan. Players that use PEDs are dolts and morons. It's only going to ruin their health in the long run. I wish the NFL could find better means of detecting PEDs and suspend all those players who cheat for at least a year without pay, if not indefinitely.

If the league cracked down on it and teamssaw there was no benefit to having players who use PEDs or who had character issues, the problems would go away for the most part. They won't, because they're a bunch of hypocrites.

13. BrowningNagle

If the league REALLY cracked down on PEDs, instead of the farce we are seeing now, we would see half or more of the league suspended IMO.

I don't completely share your same strictness against what you view as "thugs, criminals and druggies" on football teams..

Not only is it all relative, ie. some offenses are way worse than others, you are lumping everything together it doesn't mean
    A) the guy can't play football
    B) they've matured from past mistakes or
    C) the team would be distracted (every team has problem personalities)

I'm not saying load up on Aaron Hernandez's, but I wouldn't make a blanket statement that I don't want anyone who's ever made a mistake before on my team. We have no idea how big a problem Talib is.. it appears he's been more mature up in New England the last couple years than he was in TB.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So if Sheldon Richardson gets busted for pot in the off season you're going to want him off the team?

15. 101GangGreen101

Doesn't matter if you like them or not, they are SB champs. Something the Jets haven't done in decades.

If you were born in Seattle and was a Seahawks fan, you wouldn't give 2 shits.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

As I understand it he's more concerned with rooting for a team of high character guys than actually rooting for a championship team.

17. 101GangGreen101

That appears to be the case. Surely the Patriots, Giants, and Steelers are filled with high character guys

18. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

The guy deff fucked up in Tampa, but did a complete 180 in New England... Has not gotten in trouble once... For a player of his caliber, I am willing to take a chance..

Cro has got to go.

19. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

No doubt Id take Talib over Cro. The way Talib shut down Jimmy Graham was ridiculous

20. NCJetsfan

Yes I would. You don't know me, so if you don't mind, don't tell me what I'd mind or care about.