Free Agent News & Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 15, 2021.

1. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

I think he will be a surprisingly good signing for us, hearing his cover skills are good. Wish we would of given him a 2nd year or option

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

You.
    *Tosses helmet*
    Go get'em, brother!

3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Fuller is way more than decent when healthy...He’s a legit game breaker and put up some monster games recently.

The health is obviously a question mark, but I would be excited if we signed him. He proved himself without Hopkins this season

4. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Either the player we draft at #2 or a veteran we bring in to mentor the player we draft at #2.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  5. NYGANGGREEN

Yeah some of these Lbers could interchange with Safetys now they are becoming that small and shifty

6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Lots of teams with rookie QB’s don’t go to the playoffs. That wouldn’t be a big deal.

The Bills and Dolphins are poised for sustained success. The Patriots are shooting their wad to get better now but aren’t built for sustainability. I’d rather try and keep pace with the Bills and Dolphins.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Why not? They were 7-9 last year with no off-season for a new quarterback who had Covid mid year. They went toe to toe with Kansas City in the first half with Brian House who had two red zone turnovers.

Some of the better teams in this league can't stop the run because they're too busy building these elite passing offenses. Good running games and defenses give teams a chance to win games. Cam's a better player than he showed last year even if he's an average player at this point in his career. And Belichick is still a great coach.

major33 likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

9. NYGANGGREEN

Yeah I wasn't trying to make it sound like he wasn't good, but if you cant stay healthy then your not really doing your team any good. He played well last year as really the best and number one option for Watson even if he wasn't listed as the number 1 per say. But he has to do that for more than just one year to get big bucks esp from JD. Don't see him coming here unless its on a discount or a short prove it deal. Maybe Watson asked for him and this is a move before the trade, one can wish right?

King Koopa and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. major33

I like Cam. Always have since he made big changes to his reckless style of play when he first came into the league. His problem was he would always go head on with the defense instead of sliding or going out of bounds. Really messed up his body. Too bad because he really had the talent to be a great one.

11. NCJetsfan

Why aren't they built for sustained success? Yes, they spent a ton in FA. I didn't look at the lengths of the contracts, but won't they all come off the books within the next 4-5 years or sooner? Couldn't the Pats draft their replacements and groom them behind these vets? Were any of the deals such that the vets could be cut after a year or two with little or no cap hits? The Pats can get their future QB in this draft, draft an OG to replace Thuney, and add some good young defensive players.

CJLang likes this.
  12. King Koopa

It’s possible, I know him and Watson are close

I wouldn’t break the bank for him as his health is a huge issue, but when he actually plays he’s a big time weapon. I like a short term prove it deal, or one where we can get out of it after 2 seasons.

NCJetsfan and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  13. NYGANGGREEN

I dont think Cams a better player than he showed last year thats the thing, hes been on the decline for at least 3 years now and even when he had studs in Carolina always underperformed. Thats the reason nobody else wanted to sign him and his deal this year is like 5m base with incentives hes just not very good. Now if they find a FQB he will look like a genius for these moves but thats a big IF as with any team, we are trying find the next Mahomes or Rodgers

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That trade offer you are talking about was brought up by Orlovsky yesterday. We give up the #2 in that scenario. No f'ing way.

15. King Koopa

I agree, just saying we might be a pretty solid and improving team next year but it’s going to be extremely tough with the other 3 in our division.

We all want to win now but realistically it will be another season unless they go the star QB route, which I’m not even sure is the best move long term

16. major33

No I just read something different today. I don't like Orlovsky. We're not giving up the #2. For what? We aren't getting Wilson, he's going to Chicago. So what are trading the #2 for???

ColoradoContrails and Jets79 like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

18. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Only way I do that trade is if we get bears 1st round pick. We don't need mack and his expensive deal. They want Wilson make them pay. Mack/Robinson can go to Seattle.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I like the Patriots moves to compete instantly in 2021. Makes me wonder if they are targeting Justin Fields or Trey Lance. Keep Cam to start and mentor them until they are ready. Build an offense that gives them QB-friendly TE to throw to, it is a smart strategy.

I said it before, but the AFC East could be a 4-team race for the foreseeable future, as long as Joe Douglas continues to make the right moves. Obviously the Bills have built a strong team, I like what Miami is doing, the Patriots will be better than their (7-9) team last year, and the Jets will be much better. They all seem to have good Head Coaches too. Should be a fun and competitive division.

SOJAZ, Noam, LAJet and 1 other person like this.
  20. NYGANGGREEN

please cut them both

K'OB and NCJetsfan like this.