Forum Sourced 53 Cut Down Roster Prediction - KR/PR

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by themorey, Jun 28, 2018.

?

Who will be the primary PR/KR (pick 1)?

Poll closed Jul 5, 2018.
  1. Andre Roberts

8.3%
  2. Lucky Whitehead

41.7%
  3. Trenton Cannon

50.0%
  1. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

There may be different PR & KR but to make things easier I assumed it would be 1 person. We will be able to add another returner after the roster minimums are decided and we are debating the final 5 positions.

ROSTER MINIMUMS:
    QB: 2
    RB: 4 (includes FB)
    WR: 5
    TE: 2
    OL: 8
    DL: 6
    ILB: 3
    OLB: 4
    CB: 5
    S: 4
    K: 1
    P: 1
    LS: 1
    PR/KR: 1

This is 47 spots with 6 more TBD (or 48 spots with 5 TBD if we agree to roster all 3 QBs).

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

They want Cannon to get the job. They would rather keep the rookie draft pick and not have to add an additional roster spot for a veteran. Problem is Cannon returned kicks but never punts.

Fielding punts is a hell of a lot different than kickoffs and even if they practice with him over and over anything could happen once the big lights are on. I picked Cannon here as the only one to make the team but I think they will tell one of the other guys to stay close to the phone

3. Unless Cannon really steps up or completely bombs out all together the PR/KR futies will be split.Cannon will be KR only. PR is anyone’s guess..maybe if Stewart makes the the team he gets another shot after bowing out last preseason??Eli Mcguire??

Its amazing how long this team has been looking for an answer at PR. Seems like every offseason it gets prioritized but never gets resolved.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah we havent had a half decent punt returner in forever. But I think Cannon was their attempt at resolving this. They were having him return punts in OTAs and mentioned how he was drafted because of the special teams coach's request.

If they are wasting a draft pick on strictly a kick returner, when like 80% of them go out the back of the end zone anyway then they made a huge mistake. I think the plan is to get Cannon out there in punt returns ASAP

5. I agree.I guess MAC & Boyer were both intensely involved in cannon’s scouting & ultimate selection.

Conner hughes mentioned he was getting more comfortable fielding punts while cimini seemed to think he was struggling & might not be the best fit in that role.

Im very high on Cannon so im Hoping he steps up.But not very often a guy improves on ability to field punts..you either can or you cant.

BrowningNagle likes this.