Former NY Jets WR ArDarius Stewart arrested

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

This post falls into the 'Two weeks before the draft' dead zone!

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-...Sh4dmlprI2ffPmmL8k1od_MUx54W7sKMgCAiA_0DJ3oR8

Former Washington Redskins WR ArDarius Stewart arrested
    ByJORDAN DAJANI 56 minutes ago

A former University of Alabama star and Washington Redskins wide receiver has found himself in trouble with the law.

According to AL.com, ArDarius Stewart was taken to jail on Thursday morning for carrying a pistol without a permit. According to his booking information, he was held on aa $500 bond.

Stewart was most recently with the Redskins, who signed him to a reserve/future contract, but was released in January.

Stewart had a nice collegiate career as a wideout at Alabama and was a three-time SEC champion as well as a National Champion in 2015. After recording 54 receptions for 864 yards and nine touchdowns in his junior season, he decided to forgo his senior year and enter the 2017 NFL Draft. In 33 collegiate games, Stewart recorded 129 receptions for 1,713 yards and 12 touchdowns.

He was drafted by the New York Jets in the third round and recorded six receptions for 82 yards in 15 games in his rookie campaign, the only NFL statistics he would record.

In July 2018, Stewart was suspended for the first two games of the regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances. He was waived by the Jets in September and then signed to the practice squad before being released for good in October.

In November, the Oakland Raiders signed Stewart to their practice squad, but he was released just two weeks later. The Redskins then signed him to their practice squad the day after Christmas.

2. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

He and Hansen seemed like decent picks at the time. Would have been really nice if one of them had become a player.....

Baumeister, NYJalltheway, FJF and 2 others like this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Another fucking idiot, Peds and now illegal guns, how about knuckling down and proving people wrong and trying to make a career out of being a 4th WR or a special teamer, at some point in his life I bet he wished he went to senior year instead of seeing dollars and coming out early.

NCJetsfan and Sam Hammer like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'd love to know what it was that prevented Stewart from achieving his projected potential, and if that knowledge could've been known at the time of the draft. Was it his work ethic, or his character, or something else? Whatever it was, I have to believe there were warning signs, and that Macc missed them.

wewantsapp, tomdeb, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  5. K'OB

Come on, not everything is Mac's fault :p

6. 73klecko

73klecko Member

Could have taken Chris Godwin instead....

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Really. #HappyforHerndon

K'OB likes this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I liked Stewart coming out. This doesn’t sound like that big of a deal of his bond is $500. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt till we get more facts. Could be a clerical error

Leicester Jet likes this.
  9. K'OB

Hindsightaclock :rolleyes:

plus isn't he a speedster like Robby?

Stewart was binned due to his peds, the oddest one for me was Hanson who looked solid if not a touch on the slow side but neither of them got any kind of scheme from Bowles and his motley OC

10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

No, but that was an absurd series of decisions by Mac to draft four DBs and three receivers in that 2017 draft, but zero offensive or defensive lineman. The game is not played exclusively outside the numbers.

11. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

ArMed Stewart.

12. K'OB

In Adams and Maye we have two DB's for the foreseeable future, a pair of very good safeties and in no way shape or form can be described as absurd picks, even though at the time people got themselves all het up about going S/S in the draft.

We needed WR's, did we need two of them? Maybe not but after a lifetime of defensive picks it was nice to see try for a talented WR, again hindsight shows us that we could have picked top talent up instead of this pair but the decision to do it wasn't absurd.

The CB's at the end of the draft were obviously needed, we are still in need at that position, so how is this absurb?

We snapped up a TE, RB and an LB with the others.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  13. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

Wow what a shame. I met him a few times here in OB. I never saw the PEDs coming, I definitely didn’t see this coming. SMH

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

If you think back-to-back safeties , followed by back-to-back unknown WRs (both already cut after 1 year), and eventually closing with back- to- back CBs (neither of which has shown squat), and totally ignoring OL and DL is a good draft, well, hey, Mike McCagnan has a job for you. You should also consider the fact that not only did he select no offensive linemen that year, but has drafted only two OL in 4 years and both in round 5. By contrast, the Patriots have taken eight OL the past 4 years. I guess you're correct, McCagnan has done it right, and the Patriots do it wrong. That year, I really thought the draft we are talking about (2017) was or would be the draft when McCagnan would REALLY address the OL because he HAD so many picks that year. Instead, he took zero OL (and DL). Oh, and he drafted zero OL again in 2018. While you are apparently happy with his drafts and ignoring the OL the last 4 years on draft day, I am not. Oh yeah, what has been the jets record the last three years after these wise and bountiful drafts? It was 5-11, 5-11, 4-12. As you said, he must be drafting guys who are, in your words, "obviously needed." Feel free to respond...you can have the last word... tell us again how Mike's brilliant strategy and his total disregard on draft week to the position where a team plays/needs the most players per snap (OL) has worked out so well the last three seasons.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You mean the fall of the Roman Empire, the Plague in Europe, and the sinking of the Titanic aren't Mac's fault? ;):p

westiedog1 and K'OB like this.
  16. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I liked him when he was drafted too. I thought he had huge potential as an NFL wide out. Just goes to show you how hard it is to make it in the NFL and any professional sport for that matter.

17. K'OB

I think you need to learn to read and then put those words into context before replying, in your first sentence...

ah, fuck it, totally pointless discussing it further tbh.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Eh- this is America, everyone has an illegal gun. Hold on, I need to cover mine up real quick in the basement

——

And PEDs, I’m not gonna blame guys like him because when you are so close to making it you will do anything to get there. I have more issues with the guys who’ve played 10 years, made millions and got that NFL pension, using it just to keep the Youngbloods out.

Both groups should be punished, I’m not sayin they should be treated different by the rules, I’m just sharing my personal feelings on the offenders. Stewart is not a bad guy or an idiot IMO

K'OB likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I thought he was arrested for impersonating a WR.

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  20. K'OB

I'd say okay with the former but with a career in tatters, the idiot bit is hard not to think tbh.

LarryAlRalph likes this.