For those who dislike this draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DeLooxJet, Apr 29, 2006.

1. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Can I have some of the coolaid as well?????

2. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

As I said, I agree OL is essential. How many Sb winning Olines had guys picked AFTER the first round? More than you think.

3. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Um, dood, no players in the draft have made pro bowls before they're drafted. Sheesh. Think before you type in such a dumb comment.

4. Vilma#51

Vilma#51 New Member

All you o-line lovers in the 1st round, because they are sure bets are absolutely clueless. In fact o-line in the 1st round has one of the highest bust potential (vs. RB/WR/CB/S/DE/TE/etc). According to some of you folks why dont we just pick all o-lineman in this draft? So we have an all rookie line, that are supposed future pro-bowlers. Mangold may end up being no better then the current starter Teague. Get real folks and stop drinking your own cool aid, and try to be a bit more objective.

I have heard from Mangold/Ferguson as future hall of famers to Clemens being the best QB in the draft (then why didnt we pick him at 4?). Clemens is a huge risk (and a big-time reach for 2nd round pick - look at Croyle he is still not selected in the mid-3rd), as was our 3rd rounder (Hodge not even in the 6th). 2 reaches out of 4 picks does not grade well - sorry.

5. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

So i guess all of u agree to trading down to get some slow ass lb, Mel Kiper just called him a reach and "a backup type".Tangini doesnt know what they are doing in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

6. Lunatic

Lunatic New Member

Wow do I have to write "sarcasm" for you to get it?

My point, which clearly went right over your head, is that neither of these players are a lock to be outstanding.

The entire draft is a crapshoot, I dont mind fixing up the o-line but I do have a problem with people making them sound like they are guaranteed for greatness.

I also have a problem with this team ignoring the skill positions, but like most of this, it is subjective as to what you think is on the jets roster.

I think this team needed to address other holes then speinding both our first rounders on o-line.