For those wanting proof that the sports media knows nothing...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Jun 23, 2012.

1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Wonder why Stephanie Smith didn't chime in?

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

how poorly Bayless argued has nothing to do with the complete absence of a logical correlation in your argument.

when you continue to make shitty arguments and try to be snide to those that point them out to you you only look more ridiculous.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

all sports opinions are useless in and of themselves. the audience decides to give the opinion any weight or not, so there isn't an absolute to it.

Bayless is a television character, and his career is dependent on audiences watching, listening and in turn discussing him. when audiences stop caring about a sports pundit is when they are useless.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

pls pardon the rambling.....

I agree, Fox sucks the big one indeed.

(attention: hijack rant / ignore suggested)

That said NYCKNP, you should be better than that: to suggest Fox as the only psycho-bigot game in town bastardizing any and ALL journalistic tenents is absurd - ALL cable networks have contributed to the extinction of sincere American political discourse. ALL employ goons with snarky miens masquerading as journalists....selling their respective, one-trick-pony agendas to the wingnut/moonbat partisan phonies who tune in nightly so as to satisfy their "yeah, you tell 'em!" fixes via these programs that offer zilch beyond reinforcing the viewer's already established contempt for any and all contrarian viewpoints......these angry, partisan suckers who buy into these 'dumbed down' donkey shows platformed off spin-doctored soundbites, vs. (once upon a time) a Gore Vidal who'd break bread with a William Buckley on a weekly basis--image, Americans actually engaging in such an intellectually honest and forthright manner.

Nah, the bought-and-sold media is but a glorified Jersey Shore-esque, piece of shit operation (minus the tatoos and puking) that cater to network sponsors and special-interest/grab-bag artists who operate with total impunity in this, a once sovereign cuntry....oh well, all part of the pussification of America (TM) ...... formerly known as the United States.

The Fox vs. MSNBC D-bag lineup (trolls who EACH AND EVERY NIGHT, cherry-pick their one-track, psycho/extremist talking points):

MSNBC = Ed Schultz; Fox = Sean Hannity
    MSNBC = Lawrence O'Donnell; Fox = Glenn Beck
    MSNBC = Rachel Maddow; Fox = Bill O'Reilly
    MSNBC = Chris Matthews; Fox = Greta van Susteren (though imho, not as prissy/cunty as Matthews - and prolly with a bigger dick)

MSNBC = Chris Wilson, .... they all suck, Douche Limbaugh, Soledad O'Cuntbrien, that Huffington Post Zsa-Zsa "dahlink!" Gabor sow,

but I digress,

Bayless is as ballless as the Euro Cup : )

5. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Hard for any sports pundit to be good; they need to know about so many sports and so many teams, that whenever they get down to talking about the specifics of one they actually know less than a knowledgeable, or sometimes even casual, fan.

6. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

I forgot to mention MSNBC. Thank you for your constructive criticism. I realize I need to be more specific when criticizing a sports media pundit. I don't really watch FOX News or MSNBC since their "news" tends to lean to the extremes with the former leaning more conservative while the latter being more progressive. I said that about Skip Bayless in the heat of the moment since I got incensed when he was acting like a jerk towards Mark Cuban in the video.

I definitely need to be careful what I say next time.

7. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

This was amazing to watch. It would be amazing if more Sports analysts were like this.

I recently read this article a day or two ago:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...fense-could-benefit-greatly-from-switch-to-43

And, it was an awesome article. It broke down plays, style of defense and went in-depth on the intricacies of football. It went in depth on the defense of the NY Jets, what the 4-6 really is, and how it works and it's purpose was. Which players in the NYJ were able to do and how they fit into this scheme, etc.

These are the type of articles I like to see about my football team, or any football team for that matter. It's not like it's THAT hard to do either, we had an amateur do it even more extensively (LTJF) on Maybin on the Washington game and his rushing abilities, and I wonder to myself: Why the hell aren't professionals, who are paid exclusively to analyze football games, aren't giving this much depth on a player, or a team or whatever? I also remember Abyzmul giving one of these types of articles on how Cromartie performed very poorly on the Dallas game, constantly getting beat, etc.

It's pathetic I find more intellectually written articles on this website, by amateurs, for free, that beat the level of journalism on web sites like the NFL and ESPN.

You can challenge and question all you want on that NFL article, but at least it'll invoke meaningful and smart debate and arguments, instead of Articles on what track star Tim Tebow is suppose to date. How the fuck is that NFL news? how is that news at all? Keep that shit to TMZ.

Maybe I'm not a "casual" fan, so maybe they know something I don't, but if the casual fan REALLY cares about who Tim Tebow is dating, and focus their newsfeed on where the drama is/who's arguing with who, maybe they should stick to the WWE as their primary focus of entertainment instead.

#27 NYDeadEye, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Cuban is spot on. Bayless is only capable of generalities and hindsight.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

well about time someone exposed BSPN. This is no surprise to us though, as many of us here aren't casual fans in any sense of the word

10. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

The sad thing is that this article was written by Bucky Brooks who has written several pieces regarding how bad the Jets' draft was. He has devoted enough column inches to Coples that he has all bases covered should he boom, bust or end up in Canton. This is particularly endemic on NFLN where there are more than enough contradictory articles (and power rankings) that they can point to their "insider knowledge" (see Lombardi and La Canfora) to get the scoop. The sad thing is, as you've demonstrated, there are actually some half-decent articles over there hidden beneath the Top 10 lists (usually involving Tebow)

In all truth I thought this post was bumped because of Dick Criminal's latest shithouse darksider article on ESPN.

11. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Bayless just further validated the maxim: the bigger the toupee, the smaller the brain.

12. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr New Member

Saw this when it first aired. The joy I felt while S.A.S. was trashing Skip about LeBron and then later about Tebow was unmatched. And the Mark Cuban ripped both of them and made them look like shit. I gotta say. It was by far te best thing that I have ever seen on ESpN. And being that I never watch it, to catch that on was just amazing. Very fulfilling to see these "experts" look like idiots while they defend them selves. Oh but you have the "inside scoop as an owner". Lol. Just shut up and take the criticism. You can talk about everyone else and criticize them. Well now they know how it feels. And as broadcasters, they get inside scoops, so that ain't no excuse. Enough ranting. Loved watching this.

13. All long time followers of this team will tell you that this franchise is at its best when the media is united against them. As such, this offseason might be the worst I have ever seen the media. They have gotten out of control. Alot of worms running columns right now. I'm hoping this really catapults the Jets.

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

And Homer Simpson

15. sg3

sg3 Banned

Dick Semen-i works for ESPN

the prosecution rests

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I couldn't agree more. I'm so sick of the generic responses that these reporters talk about. "They wanted it more", "They put in better effort", "they played harder". It's all bullshit and if the guy knew anything, he'd be able to demonstrate this. But alas he cannot. There's way more to the game than that nonsense.

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

This was the BEST thing I seen on TV for a very long time. I bet ESPN will never have Cuban back cause he made Bayliss & Smith into dummy 1 & dummy 2. Just goes to prove that 99% of them know nothing :sad:

18. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Cuban's analysis was laughable, and offered zero insight. He tried to overvalue his knowledge of what defensive sets and so forth his coaches ran to make himself look like an expert. So sorry Mark, the rest of us don't know the defensive set so we just have no right to say Lebron should stop missing 3s and take it to the hole. Laughable, stick to the shark tank you big-headed geeky billionaire.

19. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Is that you Skip?

20. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Mark Cuban just gained a new fan.