for kinghenry and other naysayers of clemens

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by realisticduck, Jun 22, 2006.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I seem to remeber Jay Cutler had trouble getting a scholarship and wasn't on any ones radar before last year. Leinart on the other hand was a consensus No. 1 pick in 04 until people realized he might not have a good enough arm.

Players develop and skill develops. Clemens appears to have a solid arm, good feet and vision and a very quick release. He also had the highest Wonderlic score which to me doesn't mean much but apparently he is pretty bright and shows real leadership skills? Who knows we can only hope.

He could be a bust, but I'm not sure who we could have gotten who would be better in this draft? If he turns into a bust you will probably get your wish, it will end up getting The GM and coach fired.

The reason you are a troll is you seem to want him to fail. Having a skeptics opinion is one thing but demanding failure before it happens is another. As a long time Jets fan the one thing we usually have to chear for is our draft picks, particularly before they actually play.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

AH how true the last few lines of your post ring so true sorry to say.

3. Zcore

Zcore New Member

No run and shoot QB has ever been a decent NFL QB

Warren Moon ran the run and shoot. I would say he was more than decent HOF QB

4. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

You bring nothing to this board but negativity. You post all crap. Do us all a favor and unplug your computer and take to the curb. If didnt think I would get thrown off the board this would have gotten nasty a long time ago.

#24 hoobash, Jun 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2005
  5. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

The Clemens pick is like Bradway's misfire on drafting Ed Reed in 2002. Matt Leinart was there for the taking..... Bradway passed on Ed Reed, defensive rookie of the year, defensive MVP of the NFL, because there is a great athlete to be taken in the second round who might be better than Ed Reed because he is a better athlete... Jon McGraw = Kellen Clemens.

The facts are Kellen Clemmens is a QB who had one good half season because he was in a run and shoot offense.

Name one run and shoot QB, including several Heisman trophy winners who ever was even a mediocre NFL QB.

#25 rajensen088, Jun 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2005
  6. hoobash

7. hoobash

didnt mean to post

8. championjets69

You know EVERYONE is entitled to THO of the NYJs positive or negative. Since you are strongly complaining about his negative posts why do you not enlighten us with 10 things you see positive presently about the NYJs

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Sorry this analogy doesn't work at all for me. The Jets had two DE on the team and needed a safety and Reed was the best player on the board. In this case the Jets needed both QB and OL and D'Brick was cleary rated ahead of Leinart. Sorry but as much as I hated taking Brick with our 4th pick, when Houston pulled the trigger on Mario ahead of Bush it forced our hand. Brick was clearly the highest rated player when we picked and also a player at a need position.

10. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

1. Herm Edwards is gone. I know you agree with that Champ.

2. Bradway is not in control of the draft. see above.

3. I am encouraged by what I have seen of Eric Mangini.

4. Tannabaum made the right decision in rebuilding the OL and not taking a QB in the 1st round. Parcells fan take note: Bill made the Jets into a winner when he signed Mawae to a big contract and drafted Randy Thomas and of course the giving up of a #1 and #3 draft choice for Curtis Martin. You need to control the ball and give your QB time in order to win in the NFL. Both were total failures on the Jets last year. This is a start in the right direction.

5. Kellen Clemens a future starting QB with a 2nd round draft choice. I read GMjr (buy book at GMjr.com) written by an ex NFL scout who grades players on about 30 different catagories. He had Clemmons rated #2 only 1/10 of a point behind Matt L.

6. Our last two #2 draft choices have been a trade for a WR that drops balls and a kicker with a weak leg. To get the player you wanted and pick up an extra #2 next year proves that Tannabaum and Managini know how to work the draft better than Jet fans have seen in years.

OK this is only 6 but it is a start. Other fans can add to it.

#31 vegaskarl, Jun 25, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  11. championjets69

OK thanks sure I agree with Herm/Bway. The others are all projects which I would put on the iffy side of the ledger instead of assets as they are all unproven.

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Let us know what you would do to make the Jets better so we wouldn't have to read these incessant posts about how horrible things are.

How about you tell us what you think?

Do you like what you have seen of Mangini?

Who should start at QB?

Who should get the bulk of the carries at RB?

Who will be the 4 LBs in the 3-4?

What do you think of the two rookie OL?

If you can't answer these questions, please stop wasting our time on this board.

13. championjets69

After you reply to my request to gve me 10 things that are assets for the NYJs presently I will be more then happy to reply to your post.

However the question about Man is real silly when nobody can determine at this moment if he is good or bad for us. If you use the theroy that he has to be better then Herm well then you can consider him a upgrade. I think he erred with drafting a OLman with a #4 pick. I also think he erred with the 29th pick. If I was the GM I would have gone for game changers since they win games not plodding OLman.

#34 championjets69, Jun 26, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  14. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

And yet again we start these arguements over darksider/optimist/troll and it diverts the arguement from Clemens' college record, thereby making my evidence and defense of my position useless.

15. championjets69

If you do not see the NYJ world thru rosey colored glasses you are immediately labelled a troll by those people so they can deflect attention away from the point you are trying to make.

16. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

No way. Say it ain't so. This guy(?) definitely knows his stuff. I need to listen to his postings more often for up to the minute news...

17. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

I think I am safe in saying that the majority opinion on this board comes down on the side that the Jets won't be fixed overnight. I bet if you did a poll the majority opinion would have the Jets finishing 2006 at less than .500. Certainly, the median record from the poll would register below .500, normalizing the mean for a couple of folks who are wildly optimistic.

So I don' think the issue is that there's an overabbundance of people looking through rose-colored glasses. The issue is that opinions should be balanced. If every opinion ventured is negative, then it slants the objectivity of the person who makes it. To be so certain about Clemens' ability at the NFL level, the future prospects of D'Brick or Mangini's coaching prowess at this point in time is ridiculous. No one knows; the darksiders are just as clueless as the optimists.

And I'll say this, which I truly believe. Those who spend all their time on the pessimistic side of the Jets universe ought to find a new hobby/interest to pursue. Life is too short. If the Jets bring so much sadness/angst to one's life, then there certainly are new things to think about, wish about, pray about. If you could give me back all the time I've thought about, read about or watched the Jets play, I'd either have the most kick ass origami collection or maybe I'd have made a bigger difference in the world. Or maybe I'd have created the origami collection that made the biggest difference in the world. You get my point.

#38 Mickey Shuler 82, Jun 26, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  18. Brady IS Overrated

Brady IS Overrated New Member

Yeah really...Let's not forget the 9 other teams that passed on him as well, including the team that employs his former coach. Doesn't that count for something? To say the Jets did not get better value for the picks they made by passing on Leinart is hard for me to believe.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member