For everybody that wants Brick...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Imagesrdecieving, Feb 19, 2006.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Apparently you missed the senior bowl. D'Brick was awful against college players. He allowed a sack and was manhandled in the running game. What makes you think it won't take him 2 or 3 years to physically mature enough to be a solid NFL LT? His reputation I presume. Orlando Pace was a much more physical impossing and mature LT coming out of college in a much weaker draft. Why pay a potential Jag for 2 years top money when the center of our OL is a much bigger issue?

2. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

It's not so much that Jones was great--he wasn't, it's just that D'Brick isn't really that important. He's not Pace level talent, and the dropoff with a later pick isn't noticeable enough to draft him. We need to use our #4 to take a QB, preferably Young or Cutler, and then use our later picks for O-line. I personally don't even agree that Jones was the best performer on our O-line--I think it was Kendall a few games after he moved to Center.

It's not that hard to snap and learn to snap, despite what bumbling Chad and Mawae showed you. I blame complete incompetence in coaching on that. Snapping is fundamental, I can take any big guy off the street and within a half hour teach him how to snap. 6 fumbled snaps--is just unheard of. Something that can only happen to the Jets. That type of stuff doesn't even happen in HS football, maybe a casual pickup game with really crappy players, but not in organized football on any level.

We're probably gonna stick with Moore and Jones this year, and if they don't improve they're probably out by the end of the year. We really just need to replace Mawae with something close to his production (this is going to be hard) and we need maulers on the right side. Jones and Moore are finesse players. This is why I wanted to keep KMac so badly, it's because he sort of opens up the plays to allow the other guys to do their thing. I'm hoping we get Marcus McNeill and he fills that role. I would NOT be surprised in the least if after we get a solid RT, the rest of the line suddenly ups their production. Or maybe Cavka will actually play and be that player. We'll see I guess. Maybe it was Dinger and Herm's fault, and the new coaching staff will immediately pay dividends. Can't say the Charger's O-line was very good however...there are a lot of games where they absolutely did nothing.

3. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Brick isn't the best OT in the draft... in fact he's the most over rated tackle in the draft. With that in mind, it makes him predestined to be a Jet. The Joy...

Ellis

4. parafly

parafly New Member

The team has much more pressing needs than another LT. Jones proved he can be a servicable LT in the league last year by being our most consistant offensive lineman. Also, Brick and Jones have very similar physical attributes and intangibles. Why draft a player we pretty much already have on the roster, especially when there are so many other needs on the team.

Drafting Brick at #4 overall sounds an awful lot like drafting robertson at #4 overall. We wouldn't want to make that mistake again. We are in a perfect position to draft an impact player at a key position. Why waste the pick on an offensive lineman if the draft is very deep in OL?

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

exxxactly. you get it. thank you.

cheers

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

if that were the case we'd draft mario williams to replace Abe.