For all this talk about the Patriots weapons, what about our offensive threats?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HighFlyingJets, Jan 10, 2011.

1. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I think talent is way overrated. It's a team sport. (Although having a good QB is worth a lot) Tell me all how those super-talented teams in Dallas and San Diego are doing these days.

2. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Debatable. As is the Jets being more talented. How you use the talent means a lot more than who has more. If the Patriots are indeed 'less talented' then the Jets are huge slackers.

Both teams WR's are very different as well. The Jets have big play home run recievers, the Pats have shifty YAC recievers.

You don't directly compare Wes Welker to Randy Moss because they do two entirely different things to reach the same goal.

3. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Oh give me a fucking break did you even watch the game last week? Its the fucking quarterback end of story. This schotty shit is ridiculous, bunch of hardons.
    I believe Sanchez may be a good quarterback some day but right now the issue is the quarterback, why is this even a thread?

4. rohirrim665

Not all of those points were put up by the offense. And how many were created off turnovers?

5. rohirrim665

How about that pick in the redzone towards the end of the half? Absolutely brutal. I agree he made fairly decent decisions otherwise (execution is another story) but it only takes one horrific mistake like that to lose a playoff game. We could have put up three points right there. That would have changed the game, I think.

Im not a Sanchez hater but the delusion has got to stop.

6. HighFlyingJets

I'm not saying that the Jets have a better offense than the Patriots, we all know the Patriots have Tom Brady, but I'm sorry, it's not our offense vs NE's offense, & it's also not about Sanchez vs Brady...

It's all about Brady having to go up against a defense thats been one of the best around over the past two years under Ryan. We have a defense that has alot of playoff experience. They've already proven they can fight with the best of em during the pressure of the playoffs.

The same can not be said about THIS Patriots defense.

I just feel that Sanchez, our playmakers, our offensive line, along with our rushing attack match up better against this Patriots defense; than vice versa in terms of Brady and NE's offense up against this same Jets defense that just held Manning and the Colts to only 16 points off of 1 TD / 3 FG's.

I cant picture that front 7 being able to contain Shonn Greene and L.T behind our offensive line with the pressure on. Sanchez to Edwards, Holmes and Keller all day because of that.

7. 624

624 Banned

The defense hasn't scored much this year, and what teams don't get points off turnovers?

8. HighFlyingJets

Well don't you look foolish now. I'm like an elephant JetBlue, & I never forgot the ways you called me out before the game.

Still wanna call me "delusional" for knowing that Sanchez & the Jets could put up points in #'s, against a NE D thats below average at best? Wanna talk about being "ridiculous"? It's ridiculous how some fans still doubt, & treat Sanchez like he's Dilfer, even after 5 game winning drives. I believed in our offense, you never did. Thats "reality".