Florio tells JD to Grow a Pair

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

They have no information on anything? But others opining do? How do you know that what Russo had to say "couldn't be further from the truth"? Are you saying that you somehow know more about what's going on than guys who have worked in this area for forty years? Please, at all costs, put it out there; name names and cite the facts - we're all waiting. In the meantime some buffoons will be telling us exactly what is happening like the McAfee clown and others will clearly write that they are offering opinion. A big problem here is that too many guys can't tell the difference. Your "buffoons" don't need to search for an audience - they have one, and you're part of it!

There's very little wrong with reporting or commenting on the Jets that can't be turned around by winning football games, kind of like how the refereeing will stop getting so many complaints when the win percentage rises.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Best article I've read on the stalemate yet. Jets hold the cards here. Do NOT sell the farm at this point. There is zero reason to. Go forward with your offseason plan as if Rodgers is already on the team and build around him accordingly.

Green Bay is going to paint themselves into a corner on this one. If they don't get rid of Rodgers their entire franchise will be in a straightjacket.

IDFjet, Leicester Jet, twown and 3 others like this.
  3. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

One opinion I have read that I found entertaining is that if GB doesn't trade Rodgers that Rodgers shows up in training camp in GB "ready to play".

4. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

They should give them a nice pick , but no firsts. Florio has more sense than Zak Asscrack

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I didn't say shit about I personably know better. AR told us the facts in the McAfee show. The clowns like Florio and Doggie just talked BS opinion with zero substance. That was my point. AR statements of where he stood blew the buffoons out of the water. There was no hold up on his end. You want to believe otherwise from the likes of Florio knock yourself out.[/QUOTE]

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Rodgers told McAfee the "facts" as he sees them, which is that he never does anything wrong and is perpetually a victim of GBs evil GM. Which is silly considering said GM gave him a ridiculous contract after he threatened to retire and host Jeopardy. Rodgers is the most petty, grudge holding QB I've ever seen. 15 years later he was still trying to get back at SFs front office for not drafting him, even though none of them were even there anymore. He went to war with his GM just for drafting his eventual replacement, which was a pretty common NFL business decision. He is the definition of diva.

Make no mistake. If things go south or Rodgers doesn't get everything he wants, he will passively aggressively shit all over us, going forward.

Also, "intend" is a political word, media speak, in the NFL. It means "at this one moment in time". How many times have you heard a team say, "we don't intend to trade so and so", and then a week later they are traded. His use of that word about us means that unless he gets a better offer he will join us - even from GB. He never said he wants to play with us, hasn't attempted to use his leverage, and seems pretty content that the deal isn't going well. He'd rather return to the packers than come here, and that's pretty obvious.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well, what you said is all good and well, and there is a lot of truth there. But the fact remains, the media is out there with whispers and hearsay all day long. They feed on little rumors to justify NFL insiders. AR said he was not holding the deal up, contrary to many of the media gurus. And after that podcast, it became evident that it was the case, and the holdup is in the expectations from GB for a one year rental. Not anything to do with AR in this case. So the media does the classical 180 and moves on the "grow a pair JD" without once again stating one fucking morsel of fact as to where the offers stands. For all we know, we are an impasse because JD stood his ground, with a much larger pair than deep shit talking head Florio.

ouchy and DetroitRed like this.
  8. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Florio is correct that if Rodgers shows up and demands to practice, this is all over.

LAJet likes this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]

How do you rationalize your claim "is ok for them to talk absolute BS on a subject they have zero information about" without having anyone believe you personally know better? The only thing Rodgers told anyone on the McAfee show is exactly what he wanted people to hear - if you choose to accept it as the whole truth and nothing but the truth, that's up to you but remember this is the same guy who told the world he was immunized against Covid when he, in fact, later admitted he was not.

At the same time you have no idea what's in the head of Florio or Russo, what they know, and what they do not know, so for you to label their commentary as "BS opinion with zero substance" indicates you know what is fact and what is not. You don't, I don't, and there are damn few people anywhere who actually know what's true at this stage of the game.

And when did it become wrong for a columnist to voice his opinion? That's his job for crying out loud! Here's his first two paragraphs:

"It’s been a week since quarterback Aaron Rodgers made a public plea for the Packers to be reasonable in their expectations from the Jets. In the past seven days, neither team has budged."​

The Packers, as Rodgers said, are digging in their heels. The Packers, as we have reported, are content to wait until the draft to do a deal. The Packers, as I personally believe, have allowed the situation to become petty, and personal.
    Does the bolded mean nothing to you? Does his use of the words "should" and "need to" repeatedly through the piece mean nothing? He's not reporting on the past, he's offering opinion on the future.

#29 Ralebird, Mar 27, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

To me, here's the two sides:

Green Bay: "Hey, Jets, you better pay up or you'll have NO QB! hahahahaha!!!!"

Joe Douglas: "Well, hold on here. ZW gives me 6 or 7 wins. Rogers? maybe 11 or 12. So how much do I pay for a 5 game swing for ONE season? I'm taking $60M off your books, so right there I'm paying $12 Million for each of those extra wins. That's a lot. And now you want premium draft capital to boot? Go fuck yourselves"

Green Bay: "But...but...HEY!!! GET BACK HERE!!!"

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

How do you rationalize your claim "is ok for them to talk absolute BS on a subject they have zero information about" without having anyone believe you personally know better? The only thing Rodgers told anyone on the McAfee show is exactly what he wanted people to hear - if you choose to accept it as the whole truth and nothing but the truth, that's up to you but remember this is the same guy who told the world he was immunized against Covid when he, in fact, later admitted he was not.

At the same time you have no idea what's in the head of Florio or Russo, what they know, and what they do not know, so for you to label their commentary as "BS opinion with zero substance" indicates you know what is fact and what is not. You don't, I don't, and there are damn few people anywhere who actually know what's true at this stage of the game.

And when did it become wrong for a columnist to voice his opinion? That's his job for crying out loud! Here's his first two paragraphs:

"It’s been a week since quarterback Aaron Rodgers made a public plea for the Packers to be reasonable in their expectations from the Jets. In the past seven days, neither team has budged."​

The Packers, as Rodgers said, are digging in their heels. The Packers, as we have reported, are content to wait until the draft to do a deal. The Packers, as I personally believe, have allowed the situation to become petty, and personal.
    Does the bolded mean nothing to you? Does his use of the words "should" and "need to" repeatedly through the piece mean nothing? He's not reporting on the past, he's offering opinion on the future.[/QUOTE]
    Stop this rant on

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Stop this rant on[/QUOTE]
    Time to move on. Agree with the last sentence.