Flex Scheduling (Bills-Jets game NOT Changed)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFanDoc, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That's a good way to freeze to death. :)

Had a friend in high school who mixed acid and speed and froze to death sitting against a tree. What a stupid way to go.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

One snowy night in Seoul I was stumbling home from the bar, hammered beyond recognition, and ended up skidding face first down a snow bank and passed out. I don't know how long I was out but I could have easily died from exposure.

Soju is some fucked up shit.

Savatage likes this.
  3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Watch it live on a phone-streaming-app (with the sound down of course!) Keep phone on your leg and glance down.

Just be careful not to yell out when Mike White connects with Garrett Wilson on a 50 yard TD!

Don't forget to share the big reveal with us after the conference! I've gone to several over the years....

4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

CBS protected this game from being flexed to NBC. We will get their number #1 announce team for this game in week 14.

[​IMG]

Brook! and azhar80 like this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I really like Tony Romo. Nantz on the other hand I can live without.

roboz08 and GREG like this.
  6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I have a fellow Jets fan friend who's always forwarding news to me about flexing or not flexing this game or that game. It's somehow a status thing for him. I could care less. I like the daytime game. I'm good with 4pm too. And if i still held season tickets I'd hate not knowing when the game would be. Attending those home night games and staying until the end can be rough.

7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Next season I could see the Jets getting at least 2 or 3 primetime games. Maybe more as they are a big market NYC area team that is good. The AFCE is pretty strong now so I could definitely see some primetime AFCE matchups. Add in the fact that next year the AFCE plays the NFCE. Who knows maybe a Jets-Giants primetime game.

8. Brook!

Good point.

I say Miami on a Monday night is a given. Most likely another Monday nighter and a Thursday nighter.

2 Primetime games on top of the obligatory TNF.

9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Miami would be a good guess. Any of the four teams in the division playing one another would be a good game.

10. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That would never happen. I read on several different occasions the NFL will not schedule a Jets Giants regular season game for a primetime night game. Their reasoning is that it would cause too much of a problem for the local area regarding drinking, partying, and fights. It must be true because they have played 14 times and every single game was a 1:00 local start.....

11. mrjet80

Excellent chance the Jets play Dallas on Thanksgiving …. In fact it was at the very least a 50% chance to begin with. It will be Dallas’s turn to host an AFC team and next year it will be a choice of the Jets or Patriots for the Thanksgiving game.

#51 mrjet80, Dec 3, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    Aero and Brook! like this.
  12. mrjet80

As of now at the very least 3 prime time games. I’m going to say one Monday night, one Sunday night, and Thanksgiving in Dallas.

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

......... maybe they'll flex this game.....or that game.....or they may change the start time of that other game .... or maybe they'l.....

#53 joe, Dec 3, 2022
    Ralebird likes this.
  14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

But how many of those seasons were both teams good the prior season? I'm guessing not too many
    And in any given season a Jets or Giants home game is at 1pm about 95% of the time, never heard anything about drinking and fights being the reason they don't schedule primetime
    Worst games I have ever been to for that were Jets v Raiders

#54 The Waterboy, Dec 3, 2022
  15. mrjet80

Well to answer your first question I would imagine not too many times. However the fact that they have played 14 games and every single one was a plain 1:00 Sunday game (except 2011 when all games were played on Sat because of Christmas Eve) is at least some plausible proof. I can’t think of any other series with the Jets vs any other team - even NFC - where there wasn’t at least one prime time game in the past. Maybe TB? It’s just too much of a coincidence an all NY game would have to attract MNF, SNF, or something at least once out of 14 games no? I would imagine the very first meeting in 1970 would have been prime time with the Jets recently winning a SB and Namath no?

Brook! likes this.
  16. Brook!

You are right. I also read somewhere that NFL makes an effort to make Jets-Giants regular season games a 1 PM game. To answer @The Waterboy , 2011 SNF game could have been between Jets and Giants yet they went with Jets-Cowboys to avoid a full New York game night time.

mrjet80 likes this.
  17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

So do they protect one game a week?

18. mrjet80

My understanding is yes. Both networks get to protect one game per week.

Poeman likes this.
  19. mrjet80

Just to make sure my memory is still intact I did a little research. As far as primetime night games the Jets have never played the Eagles, Rams, TB, or Panthers (along with the Giants) in the NFC although there has been 4:00 games played with all four of opponents aforementioned. In the AFC the Jets have never played the Steelers or Chiefs in a prime time night game (not counting postseason) but of course there have been several 4:00 games.