Fitzs or Geno?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsfanHBca, Oct 5, 2015.

?

Fitz or Geno

1. Geno

35 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Fitz

113 vote(s)
    76.4%
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

HUH??!?!??!:confused::rolleyes::eek:o_O

2. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

Lets just have 2 qbs on the field and not bother with the useless tightend spot anymore, everybody wins!

3. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Are people really lobbying that we should start Geno now? What. Have you been sniffing glue? There is no amount of justification for putting Geno in at this point just because his "ceiling" might be higher. I'd take Fitz's knowledge of his own limitations than Geno throwing a pick six every damn game. Do you fan boys remember just how BAD he was last season. I'd rather win by a single touchdown than have to go through that again.

#24 pdxdrew, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  5. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

your dad needs to lay off the sauce.

we have 3 wins under fitz. we had 4 all last year with geno.

fitz may have incompletions or some throws in traffic. but overall he is protecting the ball and making smart plays. even soemthing like scrambling for a first down and securing the ball isntead of holding it like a loaf of bread and having it knocked out.

geno would be throwing brutal pick sixes and throwing away winnable games for us. Fitz wont carry us, but he wont kill our chances to win the winnable games.

look who we play. here are the remaining qbs on our schedule...

Cousins
    Brady
    Carr
    Bortles
    Taylor
    Mallet
    Tannehill
    Eli
    Mariotta
    Weeden
    Brady Taylor

there are like 2 maybe 3 good qbs in that group. we dont need a great QB to throw up 30 points a week. our D is going to destroy most of those guys we just need a qb who wont vomit all over himself and throw away games.

ajax and dawinner127 like this.
  6. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Fuck this shit thread

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  7. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

To be fair, Marshall "alligator armed" one against the Eagles. That should have been a catch.

8. jerseyjay14

this is flawless. post of the year

9. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Fitz, no doubt, until he gets hurt or proves to be a liability or is no longer effective.

Geno is exactly where he should've been when he was drafted - sitting. He is watching behind a veteran that is playing well enough to be on the field as the starting QB. This is the tutorial that can only help his development. If he truly is the long-term solution he will use this time and watch how Fitz prepares and interacts with his team mates. It's also the same route that Sanchez should've been allowed to take. Mark Brunnel was a joke and provided no real competition for Mark. Sanchez became entitled and careless with the ball, but with no real challenge to him on the roster he was allowed to continue undeterred. I believe the same exact mistake was made with Geno. If Geno is smart he will use this time productively and be prepared when his number is called again - whether that's here or somewhere else. The decision is his and his alone what he does with his opportunity.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  10. jerseyjay14

Geno has started 30 games over the past 2 seasons. on no planet is that "not been given a chance". not being given a chance is bouncing around 2-3 teams without ever getting a start.

11. jerseyjay14

i dont get this "geno smith has such a high ceiling stuff". what makes anyone think geno has a high ceiling? he makes poor decisions, has happy feet, has poor ball protection, his accruacy is only decent. he has a good but not great arm. i mean, his ceiling is a mid level starter. his floor is the guy who bags your groceries.

ajax, pdxdrew and jco2007 like this.
  12. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

Lol. The double coverage one you are pointing out wasn't even 1 of the 3 I was referring to. You must've missed the interception last week that went right through an open Marshall's hands? Should've been an easy first down that B Marsh catches 19/20 times. That's all on him, not Fitz. Also the blatant PI yesterday that resulted in a pick. Plus the one you pointed out, where it was tipped at the line.

13. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

This x1000

14. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Honestly. Could somebody show me how Macc could have done any better than getting Fitz? Even looking back on it, a trade for Winston or Mariota would have been a MAJOR mistake and looking at the possible scrubs available in trade (Cutler?) we are in a good situation. Would you rather have Brandon Weeden? Until the next draft class comes around, this is as good as it gets folks....

P.S. And now that I think about it, next year's draft class doesn't look so hot outside of the Goff kid.

#34 pdxdrew, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I thought jetfannerd got band.

_

16. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

3-1 with Fitz. Enough said

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

To be fair C, alot of the fitz votes have more to do with the current record than the current qb. If we were 2-2 with fitz it would be a lot closer vote i believe

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  19. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

YEAR OF THE GENO

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'll be honest. I have a fetish for watching Fitzpatrick put every muscle he has behind a throw to barely get it 45 yards down the field.

In all honesty if you're calling for a change you're a moron. We're 3-1. That's one win away from our total last year and a 75% winning percentage. You don't make a change just to make a change unless Brady's on the bench. Look at what happened to the Bears in 2013 when they were rolling with McCown throwing 13 TD's and 1 pick and a 3-2 record. Cutler comes back from injury and they go 1-2 and miss the playoffs.

Some of you people do not understand momentum, or continuity at all much less the fact that a team needs to be behind their quarterback. The locker room would revolt if they started Geno for no reason next game.