Fitzpatrick, a Bills fan's perspective

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mynmisoli, Aug 22, 2015.

1. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Sorry about that, I guess it sounded a little too accurate. I was just imagining what his pressers are like in Buffalo...

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yea I understand that when you have a "Sure Thing" at QB....But when your a team like the Bills with more questions then answers id let someone win the job over time .All three are flawed but who has the least amount of flaws and can manage the game every week

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

"Buffalo Bills" Maybe everyone in Buffalo couldn't pay there bills at one point to the point where they all thought about killing themselves until they found the team and named them?

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

"Over time"? What happens if none of them separates themself from the pack at all in pre-season? Do you go into the season playing QB by committee?

It's this type of indecision that ended with Sanchez getting injured for the season against the Eagles two years ago. Sack up, pick your horse and let him prepare to play the regular season. At this point, whoever gets named the starter will be that much less prepared.

Not that I'm complaining, it's nice that the Bills QB situation is an even bigger disaster than ours even after our dumbass starter got his face broken in the locker room.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  6. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I believe they're named for a 19th century Wild West travelling carny that I think actually had THE Geronimo as a headliner.. Kinda like today.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

discovered by the Germans, of course

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hey asshat.

Apparently Fitzy doesn't suck as bad as you were hoping he did.

_

TNJet and Burnz like this.
  10. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Dude really? I know we don't get along but I always thought you knew a litte about football. We both know you can look great one game and suck the next.

11. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick is in that class of QB's that makes for a great backup or bridge starter but a terrible franchise QB.

in relief he's everything you'll need but your'e offense will be limited as a whole anytime he's out there. dudes a short range gun slinger with poor touch outside the numbers, you basically HAVE to work within that 10 yard range with him 90% of the time. he's quick on the draw, for better or worse, but not the most well rounded QB. Y'know how Geno's touted as a guy that can make all the throws? The amish rifle CANT, and any team he's on goes as far as a team thats working short most of the time can.

I feel like he's not an effective QB for a full 16 games, theres just not a lot of mileage in his brand of play unless he's got brady in his name. his effectiveness is limited by play calling and offensive talent.

I wouldn't doubt a scenario where he's exposed in time as teams figure out Chan's tendencies with RF at the helm and Geno's inserted to add more of a vertical threat to the offense… though to be fair if you were to ask me what I think would happen to Geno if he started week 1, I'd say the same would happen but for different reasons.

Bottom line, Fitz is fan freaking-tastic for what we need him to do in the short term, but not a true long term answer. i'm glad we have him on the team this year, and hope he helps us kick ass at geno and bryce's behest.

Fitzpatrick's a top notch backup, doing what he was traded and paid to do.

12. JStokes

So apparently when you want to make a real point you can actually "write a passable English."

What's the deal with that?

Are you ghetto or are you not ghetto?

You are starting to show your true colors and none of them are Bloods or Crips.

Stop being a fraud and ask me that question in gangsta lingidy.

_

13. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Yeah, speaking of QBs your team has the coach who really knows talent. We still remember a couple of years ago when Rex constantly crowed "Mark (Sanchez) gives us the best chance to win," en route to a 6-10 record. Your QBs are all so bad Rex still hasn't decided which of their numbers to tattoo to his body.

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

That was one character I could never understand. Why make yourself look much more of a dumb ass while taking the extra effort to type in that style? It has to be a bitch remembering to write like a mongoloid.
    When Pidgeon did it he went full out with whole stories but was not very prolific as far as post count.

15. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Why you so worried about how I talk? I'm I somebody you wish you could be like? Go hang out at you're pool it closes next weekend. Lol

16. JStokes

I'm not worried about how you talk.

I just find it funny that one moment you can write a passable English and the next you sound like an illiterate fool.

I've never understood why someone would purposefully try to sound like an idiot, even to strangers on a message board.

Oh, and I keep the pool open until last week of September--just have to put the heat on a little bit.

Yeah--trying to sound ghetto or faux gansta or whatever Geno is trying to promote himself as must be tiring.

_

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Fritz is Dah Brain..nuff said.

I b chillin now

18. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Some of you u guys can be brutal lol. Makes me forget this is a Jet board. I see no reason why Fitz can't be the QB for this season. I get the whole he's not a franchise QB thing, but if he stays injury free I don't see why he can't be the guy for a season.

He has a good group of receivers this season. Unless he starts to seriously suck, I don't see any reason to put Geno in there.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'm down with Fitzmagic. Let's giver.

20. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

This is by far the best supporting cast...at least in the skill positions... Fitzpatrick has played with.