Fitzpatrick, a Bills fan's perspective

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mynmisoli, Aug 22, 2015.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

That's just stupid.

Mettenberger is a legit pro QB. Would have been a first or second rounder had he not torn his ACL second to last week of his senior season.

Mariota was a no brainer number 1 pick.

Just because you hate QBs doesn't mean taking a superstar when you already have a good one means it's a bad decision.

You also hated Teddy.

And Carr.

How's that working out for you.

_

2. JStokes

If you are going to puke because we chose not to take Mett or won JUST enough to miss out on Marcus, I suggest you go down to Miami and find John Idzik's desk and barf there.

Mind you, you may find a hot steaming dump on said desk when you get there because I might have beaten you to it.

_

3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

LSU ran a pro style offense. Baylor runs a glorified game of pitch and catch. They didn't even have a playbook for Petty until his senior year.

Mettenberger was much more ready than Bryce is now.

4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I might do that. Just got into an argument with a convenience stork clerk about Rex Ryan for no reason at all. Think I should take my problems elsewhere.....

5. JStokes

I'm a Bryce fan but this is correct.

Besides, Mett was a different guy his senior year. He was throwing on the money laser beams before he got hurt. He was easily a second rounder and could have snuck into round 1 had he finished up nicely.

I like Petty a lot, he's much more mobile and athletic than Mett. Similar arms.

But Mett is a Big Ben clone.

Petty is more of a smarter Brett Favre type.

_

Brook! likes this.
  6. JStokes

Sounds dangerous.

[​IMG]
    _

7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

You can't hope to contain me.

[​IMG]

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

And Petty still had a better performance against the Falcons. Not only was he not pro ready, he wasn't even supposed to play this year, they were going to work on his mechanics and him dropping back, he wasn't supposed to focus on studying our playbook in case he'd have to play for us this year. So it's just that much more impressive that he's playing the way he is right now. Compared to guys who've been in the league for a couple of years, guys who are experienced, were pro ready when they came out and so on. You'd think that there would be a huge gap between guys like Mettenberger/Mallett etc. and Petty. But there really isn't.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

After watching the 1st 2 pre season games it's become abundantly clear that the 2 most important aspects of our team are going to be Nick Folk & our defense.

11. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Why is everyone hating on this guy. He is just simply giving his opinion on a different side. Someone that probably watched everyone of his games and throw for 4 years.

You all are quick to think this guy is hating on our starting QB because he's a bills fan and thinks the bills have great qb's. I'm sure he knows that the bills QB's aren't anything special either. Give him break

Cman68 and Jersey Joe 67 like this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Fixed that for ya...

#72 Cman68, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

a poster was trying to pin point Petty's funcky throwing motion.....here it is. His quick throw to the endzone reminded me of Favre's unique release. Petty's is different of course but for some reason reminded me of Favre's. We should be so lucky though.

14. Innocenti

Innocenti Active Member

Just doing a quick scan of his statistics and game logs and it doesn't seem consistent with what you're saying. I'm not expecting him to be a pro-bowler. But if the defense can keep us in the game, I don't think he'll have a problem winning.

15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I don't give a rat's @ss what a fan of a team that hasn't made the playoffs since last century thinks about my team's starting QB.

Stick with the veteran, fix the (through two preseason games) awful defense.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  16. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

No....it's not. There were some similarities that you both brought up, but carbon copy?

17. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i was at the game friday, and this post is only based on that and not meant to reflect my overall opinion of the quarterbacks

fitzpatrick looks bad. hes slow and old and it shows in his play. there were a couple of plays when the tight end would come open 15-20 yards downfield in the seam and fitz would turn away and checkdown. im not talkin split second possibly open either im talkin two steps in front open with no help close enough to make a play on the ball.

petty looks really good for a rookie. he scans the field and throws a good ball on the run. im not sure if he is ready but he looked damn good against the 2s ad 3s. id like to see him get some burn against the giants starters next week but we most likely will not be that lucky. if petty continues to develop and improve he should have the job in a couple of years.

petty looked like a better option than fitzpatrick, but it is hard to translate because one played with starters and the other with second and third stringers. but petty looked like he had more big play ability and a better arm.

i really would like to see geno in this offense.

abyzmul likes this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Fitz is a bizarro QB, weak arm with a gunslinger mentality, Harvard graduate with the football sense of a mule. And that beard, come on.

As little hope I have for Geno, he's probably the best shot at playoffs as we have this season.

I attended a couple of Baylor games last season and Petty is a very fun QB to watch, although their offense was as Mickey Mouse as it gets. I'm interested in seeing him develop, because he has every physical tool you could ask for in a franchise QB, just have to find out if he has the heart and mind to actually elevate to that level.

19. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Outstanding job. Gotta love being lectured on the limitations of a QB from a Bills fan, seriously. He'll find out soon enough watching his team needlessly burn through TO's, absolutely horrendous QB play, a constantly exhausted D, all the while their glorified DC continues his masquerade as a HC.

And for good measure, water is wet...

RochesterJet likes this.
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Aren't the Bills the only team that hasn't named a starting QB now? That sounds so familiar. But hey, Rex Ryan doesn't meddle with the offense, not at all.