Fitzpatrick, a Bills fan's perspective

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mynmisoli, Aug 22, 2015.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I have to say that I'm a bit concerned with Fitzpatrick after watching him last night. I k n ow he's never had a big arm but it was always adequate.

His arm looked weak last night and he was captain check down. I don't know if he's not fully recovered or what but I'm really not interested in watching an end of career Pennington-like qb with worse decision making lead the offense for very long.

I'd rather watch Geno and I fucking hate that guy. I was happy about picking up Fitz too.

#21 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  2. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Lmao exactly. "Bad" is an upgrade for us

3. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

It's also pre-season. A lot of the vanilla offense comes out, and why shouldn't it? Fitz knows Gailey's playbook better than anyone.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

always a fair point but it doesn't explain the lack of arm strength. petty was also pushing the ball downfield.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No Jets fan thinks Fitzpatrick is the next Aaron Rodgers. Heck, the Houston Texans traded him for a late round pick, just so they could have a QB Competition of Ryan Mallet vs. Brian Hoyer. None of this is news. However, Fitzpatrick is on a solid team with good RB's and WR's. Let's see how he performs. I am pretty sure he will do better than the OP says and also better than Geno would. Time will tell though.

matt robinson 17 and FlaJet like this.
  6. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

I don't think Jets fans need this thread. They have seen plenty of Fitzpatrick. He is tough, has mobility, good leader, can read defenses, and makes quick decisions. What holds him back is his arm. Sometimes the ball get there, sometimes it does not.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We've all said (in the absence of a franchise QB) that teams with a great defense, good o-line, good running game, AND AN AVG QB has a shot. Well, we're about to find out.

8. mynmisoli

mynmisoli Member

Fitzpatrick is not an average quarterback. He is a BAD quarterback. He limits your team and makes bad decisions. He should not be in the league.

Jetsruby likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If this is true, and it may be, then this is why Bowles should start Petty now. Nothing to lose, only experience to gain. Experience he will NOT get jotting down notes on a clipboard for 3 hrs every Sunday. Heck, as the #3 QB, he won't even be doing that.

10. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

I doubt the Jets want to ruin Petty by throwing him to the wolves. Fitzpatrick can win some games and hold the fort down till Geno gets back.

brothermoose likes this.
  11. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

He does not throw a pretty ball either. Most of this throws were shaky and looked like ducks.

12. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Arguable about Flynn not being better. Flynn can actually throw the ball deep. Fitzpatrick is probably better at the short and intermediate stuff. Granted...Flynn isn't health right now...so Fitzpatrick is really the only option until Flynn gets healthy and learns the playbook.

13. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

That'd be fine if EJ showed you something in practice. He doesn't. He's flat out awful, he can't hit anything. He looks Tebow bad throwing the ball in terms of accuracy and decision making. Against your #2's and #3's. You can't just decide to say "oh, let's just start him an entire season and see what happens" if he can't even handle practice. If he was proven it would already be something to be concerned about but the guy is not, he has never shown it. It's easy for you to say this sitting on your couch but if you're the HC and you see this guy throw the ball out of bounds, 5-10 yards away from the receivers there's no way you even entertain the idea of starting him. He will destroy your season, he will get you fired. Tyrod Taylor is garbage as a dropback passer. If you adjust your offense he can be solid I guess, in a Russell Wilson / RG3 type offense. Same as Manziel. Cassell is trash, he's a backup at best. Lots of experience, but no arm. So having Fitz and Geno here it is almost like an Eagles fan trying to tell a Colts fan they need better QB play. You really have no leg to stand on. Your team would be a lock for the playoffs if you had either of our Quarterbacks. Hell, even Petty right now would be your best option, and Rex would probably start him, too. He would have attacked this thing completely different, he would have talked him up from day 1, talked up his confidence, given him reps with the starters from day one and get him ready to start week 1. That's the type of guy Rex is, that's how bad your QB situation is. Here we had the luxury of just drafting Petty and sitting back and let him sit and learn for a year.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Ryan Fitzpatrick is NOT a game manager. Anyone who has watched his games knows this. He is a guy who has a marginal arm and plays like he has a cannon. He plays like a gunslinger. But isn't. The only thing we can hope for is that Chan Gailey drills into him that he must be safe.

And since he has bounced around the league failing to do so, I'm not that hopeful. I think we'll be hoping for another QB sooner rather than later.

15. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

People wanted to kill the Jets for just handing Geno the job AGAIN, and acted like Fitz was Aaron Rodgers sitting on the bench but if anything we should have been looking over the fact that Gailey did have Fitz and they didn't even give any thought to having him as a starter as more of a red flag.

16. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Nonononononono...when will Jet fans learn 'throwing someone to the wolves' that clearly isn't ready is NOT the best way to learn?

-Playing Sanchez off the bat after just one year starting in college
    -Playing Geno off the bat when his only college experience was in the 'Air Raid' (non-pro) offense

And now we want to play Petty who also has no experience in a pro offense? After we've seen Sanchez get stunted by too much too soon and Geno being immature?

brothermoose likes this.
  17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Enjoy Jon Conner and Rex the Retard!

The Dark Knight and Jets69 like this.
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mods plz ban this troll mizoli and his Bison Chip mouth. We know all about another foul gabber REX the moron RYAN.

Jets69 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I saw a different Fitzpatrick with the Texans. Maybe it was Bill O'Briens system. I don't know. He's def not the answer but I think the guy can manage the game with Brandon Marshall Decker and Ivory.

With the Texans, I saw a QB that made less dangerous throws and let DeAndre Hopkins and Foster make plays on offense.

However, he could revert back to Fitz magic and ruin it for everyone. As long as Petty doesn't see the field I'm happy.

20. mynmisoli

mynmisoli Member

LOL Fitzpatrick couldn't take a team to the playoffs if he had the Ravens defense of the early 2000s. Geno.....too easy so I won't. Petty is a rookie that is obviously not ready to play. I'd take EJ and Tyrod over The Beard, The Jaw, and The Rook.