Fitz, Flop & Fly

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Altoona, Oct 1, 2016.

1. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

Stupid statement. Go down the list and look at the back up and making around 2 mil

Schaub
    Austin Davis
    Shaun Hill
    Chase Daniel
    McGloin
    Stanton
    Cassel
    SANCHEZ
    Hoyer
    Anderson
    McCoy
    Mallet
    Tolzien

How dare you say fitz isn't worth 2 mil when comparing him to qbs that make around 2 mil. Anyone listed above makes minimium of 1.5 mil.

2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Just fans on here (not just this thread) and others I've talked to it's almost like people are trying to find anything and everything to justify Fitz having a shit game

Just man up and admit Fitz was a joke, the reason we lost, and move on

Jets69 likes this.
  3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Where are the morons saying Fitz would actually improve this season?

Fitz in well with that list of bums

matt robinson 17 and Jets69 like this.
  4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, Todd Bowles has QB Ryan Fitzpatrick on a short leash after his six-interception game against the Chiefs.

5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If only Buddy Ryan were alive to punch Gailey in the mouth.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's the longest short leash I've ever seen.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

More like a bungie cord.

matt robinson 17 and Red Menace like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Well, I hope it winds up hanging both of them!

9. Cman68

I still think in the back of his mind, Bowles doesn't want to bench Fitz because of that contract that Mac gave him. Benching the 12million dollar man makes Mac look just a bit foolish and who in their right mind wants to make their boss look foolish.

matt robinson 17 and zace like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Could be, but for all we know, the reason that Fitz was re-signed could ALL lay at Bowles' feet. He may have begged Mac or convinced him that he couldn't go into the season with Geno as the starter.

BuzzKillington likes this.
  11. Cman68

There's also the Marshall factor to take into account. I seem to remember back when he was with the Dolphins didn't he get pissed off about the Qb situation? Did the same thing in Chicago if memory serves. I wonder if Bowles doesn't have that lil nugget in his mind too. Especially after all the support Marshall is still giving his BFF. Marshall IS the man and Bowles needs him more than the other way around.

Food for thought...

12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

12 million reasons why this garbage has to continue, Cman

Cman68 likes this.
  13. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

That's only because he thrown them so early that he's been pulled..

14. Cman68

Yep... business as usual Matt...

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

why do you think that Mac is Bowles boss?

16. Cman68

Well, in a normal situation (yeah, I'm assuming I know...) the GM is the boss and hires the HC. In Woody's world, he hires the HC and the GM and prays it works out. Usually it doesn't for the Jets. I have a feeling though that this is the last time Woody intervenes and lets Mac actually be the Boss. I forgot who the President of operations is but he's pretty much a ghost anyway.

17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I don't know about that 'normal' situation.
    Teams are set up in a variety of ways, and lots of top organizations do not have a HC reporting to GM in their hierarchy, ie the Steelers.
    that's how they've managed to ensure continuity, by not clean sweeping every time they need a change.
    that's also how you avoid situations like you described above.....playing who the 'boss' wants instead of playing who the coaches want.

Mac didn't hire Bowles, and i believe they both report directly to Woody.
    That's the way it should be imo, with both the coaching staff and FO independently assessed for performance every year.
    The only problem in that equation here is Woody. He's not capable of assessing or defining strategy. I'd love for him to bring in Casserly and Wolf to help with that every year, kind of like a board of directors advising him.

Cman68 likes this.
  18. Cman68

I'm good with that.. Woody really needs to simply take a 4 or 5 year vacation away from this team, create an executive board consisting of solid football people to make the crucial decisions and establish a path forward. I'm a believer in chain of command and that's a holdover from my military days. I think a strong org chart is crucial. I'm not saying having a GM and HC both on the same level is a bad thing, but it doesn't work for the Jets like it does for other organizations.

Red Menace likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I believe the Steelers are the lone example of a successful organization who don't allow their GM to select the HC and instead have both report to the owner. the LONE example of success with that model.

It can be done but you have to have everyone on the same page and an owner who knows something about football. The Jets don't have an owner who knows something about football. Thereby its a failed model for the Jets.

You hire a GM/President who knows the game and allow him to build the team and pick a coach that they think can best operate that team. Then if its not working on the field, you got one man/ one philosophy to hold responsible.

NCJetsfan, Cman68 and Red Menace like this.
  20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The Jets structure as it is, is not bad, the problem is the QB. The Steelers way works because they have been drafting the same way since I can remember, they don't reach for picks, they don't sign a lot of FA, they have been fortunate to hit on the most important position on the field, the QB.

I know you mentioned the chain of command, the one thing that is more important than the chain of command is the SOPs that the personnel in the chain of command is given to make decisions on.

Once Woody figures out what he wants his team to be, then he can stop hiring used car salesmen, mannequins, copycats...etc

He will only hire people that fit the structure of his organization and not change the structure of his organization to fit the people he hires.