First Trip to NY to see the Jets.

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Sandman, Nov 30, 2006.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

The Hilton is not bad if you are not in the city

Hilton in Hasbourk Heights $145
    Hilton by the GW Bridge in Fort Lee $219

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I've seen people walking the 1/2 mile from the Sheraton to the stadium... it's not a big deal. Call the hotel and get the concierge on the phone and ask him/her about transportation into Manhatten from there. If you can do that, I wouldn't even take the car into the city. The parking at the Sheraton will be much cheaper (if anything at all). When you walk to the stadium from the Sheraton, you almost have to walk right past 16H too, on your way to Baamf's.

This is, of course, providing you haven't taken Johnnyd up on staying in his basement for $50 with Uncle Vinnie and Cousin Paulie. They might keep you up at night though, because they're on the phone a lot taking care of "business." When you first get there, just tell them "Fuggedaboutit" and they'll know you're cool.

3. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

Sounds good, what was the Hotel called and was it a nice hotel for the money?

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

nice! I wish I was creative like that....well done my friend:beer:

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

the sheraton meadowlands is right around the $165 a night range. right across from the stadium an has buses into the city.

6. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Ring ring ring- we have a weener!

7. Section 227. Row 5

Look no further.

As a guest with a room reservation, you should be able to park your car in the Meadowlands Sheraton parking lot for free. Lock it up, leave it there and don't even think about driving it into the city or anywhere else. If you're unfamiliar with getting around the city by car (and I suspect you fall into that category), your vehicle will become a tremendous nuisance and expense to you as you cruise around looking for expensive, short-term parking garages which are almost always blocks from where you want to go and always facing the wrong way on a one-way street.

Take the bus into the city and knock yourself out. Then, the following morning, walk to the game. You'll save more money by not having to pay the $15 parking and hunt for a parking spot. Hit parking area 16H for a little pre-tailgate and head over to Baamf's.

These are your best options.

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

:rofl: :rofl:

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

uncle vinnie sleeps with the fishes......on the brightside though, paulie was granted parole and is getting his barber's license.....he always was a whiz with a razorblade

10. Section 227. Row 5

Give Paulie my regards. Last time I stayed in your basement they patted me down when I was coming down the stairs. Something about "looking for some wires" or something. When I told them the last time I had any wires on me was when I was a kid wearing braces, they said, "What are you... a fucking wise guy?"

But then after they didn't find any wires, they said, "Okay, fuggedaboutit," and everything was cool. Those guys sure do get a lot of telephone calls though.

11. Sandman

This is all awesome and im totally down with Staying in East Rutherford but unfortunatley that hotel is totally booked up so im out of options on that one as well. Maybe there are more hotels near the stadium? does anyone know any other hotels in the near vicinity?

12. baamf

baamf Active Member

13. Sandman

Thanks guys for all your help. I really am grateful to all that have offered their help and information.

I have now managed to get a reservation at the Sheraton, not far from the stadium. I just changed the reservation from the Friday to the Saturday and they had some space for me.

So im all set now, I have the ticket on its way (Thanks Baamf) I have a tailgate to go to (thannks again Baamf) and now i have a reservation and a flight. So now im totally stoked and really looking forward to it :)

Just one more question now :)

How easy is it for me to get to New York City from east Rutherford?

14. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Couldn't be much easier. There is a bus that runs from the Port Authority in NYC (bus depot) to East Rutherford, and with great frequency.

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T1148.pdf

Look at the attached schedule, pay particular attention to the first 2 stops, the Port Authority and then East Rutherford. Looks like 16-20 minutes is the norm.

Not bad at all, and if you head to NYC during rush hour I know that the buses are given a priority lane, bypassing a good amount of traffic.

15. Sandman

Thanks for your help Koz, all you guys have been brilliant. I could not have asked for more help than i have received. This is going to be my first trip, but im already planning to go twice next season so im going to gather as much info whilst I am over as possible.

Thanks again guys.! you have renewed my faith in people :)