First Pick Predictions

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CodeGreen, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Yeah, I don't think there's any way that he'll be back at Auburn.

But if Ron Rivera is the guy, then we should start thinking 34 for the Panthers. That means likely no Bowers, but Fairley's still very much in play. After watching how often he moved around on that Auburn defense, I really don't think there's anything he couldn't play.

Everette Brown and Greg Hardy could probably both play OLB, with Charles Johnson at DE.

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Great, another 3-4 team...

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

With Rivera becoming HC, Fairley is a strong possibility.

IMO, AJ would be the better choice to help JC's development.

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

The question is... who is the BPA?

In my opinion it's hand down A.J. Green... but with the fact Rivera is a DC and they're switching scheme one can see a reason for selecting Fairley. But In my opinion it would be a mistake.

5. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I actually doubt that, I think that coaches with certain tendencies will lean for selecting players on the other side of the ball, at least their first year. Take a guy like Mangini, defensive mind. He has selected offensive players in the first year he was a coach of a new team. Look at Josh McDaniels first year (Rob Ayers), Spagnuolo (Jason Smith). Hell Rex Ryan. Coaches seem to believe they can improve their "side" of the team through coaching, not so much players. So I would still say AJ Green is the first pick