First Jet Game You Attended

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by JIMsection323, Aug 23, 2007.

1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

2002 against Green Bay. Probably one of the best game experiences I've ever had. Oh, and I went to the Colts-Jets playoff game the following week, too.

2. TsingTsingJasper

TsingTsingJasper New Member

We had 30 yd line seats at shea for several years. At GS they moved us to the bottom level in the end zone. I'm still mad.

Football at Shea had a lot of charachter. I guess it was helped by having Namath around then. It also helped that we were never able to get seats at GS as good as the ones at Shea. After we moved, it was never the same. For years, it seemed to me that the Jets played the entire schedule on the road. Now it seems like we built a house on big brother's acreage to share.

Haven't bought a tank of Hess gasoline since 1983

BTW: First game was Jets-KC on 11/27/66. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Walking through the portal in the loge to see the field in total for the first time. The team was warming up. Curley Johnson was booming punts, Namath and Taliaferro were throwing to Sammy Weir and Bill Rademacher and I was in heaven ... and I was hooked.

Gee I miss that old place.

3. grumpynyjetsfaninME

My first game was Nov. 1, 2004 a MNF vs. The Fins. I was awsome, Chrebet over the shoulder grab, Coles catching the ball in the 1yd line and getting a TD, Yelling at Becht all game. The guys I sat next to couldnt believe i spet $200 for one ticket, Then when I said i was from ME, they hooked me up with a beer ..good times never forget that day.

4. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

Monday Night Football against the 49ers in 2001

5. dbojangles

dbojangles New Member

2008 vs the rams. 47-3 victory and i believe t. jones was just short of rushing for 150 yards in that game

6. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

September 28, 2008 vs Arizona. I had a freakin blast! I was on the 45 yd line, 5 rows back. Great day!

7. JGuz649

JGuz649 New Member

Season opener 2007. Aka the debut of Moss and later on the unveiling of spygate.

8. afesposit

afesposit New Member

First Jet Game

First one was in 79 or 80 at Shea against the Colts. Don't remember it well, but do remember attending against the Pack to qualify for the playoffs. They had a great passing attack. Lynn Dickey, James Lofton & John Jefferson. Jets won that game to qualify for playoffs for first time since 1969... Awesome day.... It was so cold, and remember going w/ dad and taking our cardboard in to lay under our fee to stay warm from concrete. Upper deck at Shea.

Flying from SD to Pitt this weekend to complete a 31 year journey for me. It will be so special if we win.. I know I'll cry..

9. Brick

Brick Member

My first game was the Denver game at the old Meadowlands in 2008. It was wet, cold and the outcome of the game was just as miserable.

I had prior to that exclusively watched games at home or at a bar since I starting following the Jets when I was in college, which was 15 years ago. I like watching the game at a bar. The beer is cheaper. It's warmer. The food is better, plus I can passively watch other games.

Now that I live away from New York, I'm changing my tune a little bit. Wanted to go to the Browns game this year but couldn't due to a prior commitment. Went to the Steelers game at Heinz in December and am going to the AFC Championship game.
    Have made tentative plans with a friend who's a Bills fan to go to the game at Ralph Wilson next year before the Bills get shipped off to who knows where.

I like going to road games. New stadium to see, usually cheaper concession prices than New York. Plus, maybe it's just me, but there's just something special about your team winning a game in spite of so many people cheering against you.

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

My friend, I remember that game as if it were yesterday. It was '81 if I remember correctly, and we sacked Dickey soooo many times, we are looked forward to when they had the ball just to watch him go down AGAIN. To me, it was the best game of the Sack Exchange era because the game mattered so much. My younger brother began a "Packers Suck Lynn's Dickey" chant which was quite immature of him ; ) He was only 15, so we forgave him. After the game we went downstairs from our Loge Section 2 seats and ran on the field. My brother was absolutely thrilled when he was hit in the head by the dismantled goal post. Good times indeed.

When we need something for our tears Sunday in Pitt, there'll be discarded Terrible Towels for us to cry tears of Joy in..... I hope. Damn I hope. Lucky for me I scored a media pass and will be taking photos on the field. I'll have to hide my rooting interest - until the final gun that is.

11. iowajetsgirl

iowajetsgirl New Member

I've yet to attend a Jets game only because I'm new to watching football.

Fwiw, I'm only posting to boost my thread count.

12. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I'm a 21 year old college kid who lives in Georgia.

When I was 17, the Jets came to play the Falcons but my parents wouldn't get me tickets because I was screwing around in school.

This year, before Christmas, my step-dad makes some off-hand remark about how he almost got me tickets for Christmas, but wasn't sure that's what I would want. I was incredulous, asking if he was freakin' kidding. That would have been the gift to end all gifts. The game he was looking into was the week 15 Steelers game. Yeah, that amazing game, in the snow, won by a defensive stand in the end zone to win the game. So he didn't get them for me, and I'm still awaiting my first game.

Suffice it to say, I'm contemplating a ridiculous, ill-advised trip to Dallas if things go well this week.

13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Dude - You happened to pick one of the all-time worst games to attend! Take it from me, I've sat through (what does my sig say, 250 or so?) Jets games. The last win in Pittsburgh made up for some of that Denver game, and Sunday hopefully, god willing please please please will be more than enough to make up for your Denver game in the frigid monsoon. You know, the game that Favre didn't give a toss about, but Cutler did? It doomed that season.

14. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

In the 6yrs i've been a season ticket holder, that Denver game by far was the worst experience I've ever had at a football game.

15. TartanNYJ

TartanNYJ New Member

Still waiting to go to my first Jets game. Need them to be one of the teams for the London game so I can come down from Scotland and see them.

16. yomega80

yomega80 New Member

Mine was 2006 against the raiders when we clinched a playoff spot. It was a great game to go to. I believe it was Mangini's first season.

17. sect105

sect105 New Member

9/27/81 Jets vs Oilers Won the first game of the year 33-17 after starting 0-3. I also went to the playoff game vs. Buffalo that year as well.

18. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

December 23, 2007 vs. The Titans was my first and only game so far. It was a birthday present from my dad(birthday was the day before). Living in Bama then and now Northern Florida, there aren't a lot of opportunities to get to a Jets game, even away games.

3 significant things happen at that game:

Pennington's last start as a New York Jet :(
    Lendale White topped 1000 Yards Rushing :(
    Kyle Vanden Bosch had a career day with 11 tackles and 3 sacks :(

YOU NEVER TAKE POINTS OFF THE BOARD! Fucking Mangini...

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Jets-Bengals last Thanksgiving. Dreary night. Still tons of fun though. Brad Smith had his career game that night.

20. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Monday night miracle against the dolphins was my first game with my father....we left in the 3rd quarter.

I now never leave any sporting event until the clock says 0:00