First Jet Game You Attended

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by JIMsection323, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

1998 i was 8 years old lol....Jets beat Dolphins

2. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

...The fucking Vinny T season opener in 99. Blech.

Then in 2000 I saw the Jets get to 9-4 with a great win over the Colts. They wouldn't win another game the rest of the year.

3. NYJets4sure

NYJets4sure New Member

Flashlight Game

September 24th, 2000 I attended the flashlight game. I went with my friend who is a Bucs fan, and he was enjoying the game until the 4th quarter. I can still visualize the Curtis Martin TD pass to Chrebet in the End Zone. I was so happy that he was able to show up Keyshawn after he made his arrogant remarks. Thanks to the old couple that wanted no part of the brief rain storm that hit about 20 minutes prior to the start of the game for selling us their tickets.

4. TOMMY1961

TOMMY1961 New Member

The Jets 51-45 overtime win back in 1986. A classic.

5. ShonnGangGreene

ShonnGangGreene New Member

Jets Vs Seahawks at Giants stadium, the year shaun alexander won MVP. Saw Jerry Rice's last TD of his career.

6. franzman9

franzman9 Member

The first game I ever attended was the Monday night miracle with the Jets and Dolphins. I was 12 years old and my dad said the game was over and we left in the beginning of the third quarter. Have made a promise since then to never leave another Jets game early.

7. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Nov 28th, 2006. Jets at Packers. -5 with the wind chill at Lambeau. Jets won 38-10. Cedric Houston ran for 105 yards and 2 TDs. Then, disappeared.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

sept.29,2002 jets and jags.it was the day after my wedding.my wife bought the tix.the beginning of the chad era.

9. jetsrule430

jetsrule430 New Member

2004 16-14 win over Buffalo. Penny passed for over 300 yrds but still only 16 points.

10. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

The first game I attended was the game where Namath made a fool of himself by trying to kiss Suzy Kolber. I had no idea that that even happened until I got home that night and it was all over Sportscenter.

As for the game itself, the Pats looked like they were going to beat us handily but the Jets made a game of it at the end. Penny threw 4 or 5 ints, which killed us. I exited the stadium with people chanting for us to fire Herm and hire Crennell or Weis from the Pats.

11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I remember that game. We blew a 21-0 lead in the pouring rain and Billy 'white shoes' Johnson ran back a couple of long punts - one for a TD. Shitty game for sure..........and the week before we were blown out at Shea by the Dolphins and a rookie QB named Dan Marino. :shit:

12. mrjet80

I was at that game as well. The Jags first offensive play Brunnel hit a long pass for like 90 yards all the way to the Jets 1 yard line and it was all downhill from there. I remember driving back home from the game soaked in sweat with the Jets sitting at 1-3 soon to be 1-4. Who would of thought the kind of season it turned out to be.......:jets:

13. mrjet80

A funny story about that Bills-Jets game......towards the end of that game I remember Kerry Glenn, a rookie DB intercepting an over the hill Vince Ferragamo and running it back for a TD. Years later in 1993 I was at a sports bar in Plantation, Florida the day Marvin Jones was drafted. I think the restaurant was owned by Mark Higgs, a Dolphins RB at the time and he was having a celebratory event for Jones who was there dining with his family. Anyway I met Jones (who was a bit arrogant I must say) and he signed my pennant. Kerry Glenn was also there, who at this time was a reserve DB for the Dolphins. I struck up a conversation with him and told him about how I remembered his first ever TD and who threw the INT and the score of the game and he stared at me in amazement and broke into a huge smile and kept saying, "Yeah, that's right!". He threw his arm around me and proceeded to walk me around intoducuing me to other players who were there and some of his family members announcing that I remembered his first ever game. It was pretty funny. He was a nice guy - it was like he was amazed there was somebody out there who remembered him........needless to say he also signed my pennant. I still have it today somewhere.....:jets:

14. mrjet80

I think that game was in 1972. Howfield won the game on a 50 yard FG with no time left.......:beer:

15. jetsyankeesfan6

jetsyankeesfan6 New Member

2005 game against the Saints. All I remember is that two guys got stabbed in a bathroom and Doug Jolley had a breakout game. I thought he was a great TE after watching that game...

16. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I "picked" the Jets as my team during the 1985 NFL coverage in the UK. Managed to get over to see the 22-10 win over Denver the following year.

One of many O'Brien to Walker TDs.

17. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Jets Giants preseason game in 2007. I think i've missed 4 games since.

18. skoobz2001

skoobz2001 Active Member

First and only game I've been to was the season finale against the Packers in 2002. Blew my mind.

I really want to head east for the Season Opener this year...

19. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

First game was back in the 80's. Cannot remember what year, who they played or what the score was, but I was in college, so it was after 85. What I do remember was how cold the stadium was in November.

I had a great time with a friend that got the tickets.

20. AKoffjet

AKoffjet New Member

Monday night: jets vs. pats 2005. We obviously got killed and the stadium must have had 15,000 people in it, but it was still fun.