First Jet Game You Attended

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by JIMsection323, Aug 23, 2007.

1. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Jets-Steelers in 1989. Toon left with a concussion and Greg Lloyd went nuts for the Steelers. Jets lost. I was 8.

I'd probably been to a couple even before that one but that is the first one where I can remember even a few vague details.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That was the game where lloyd counting him out like a WWF wrestler after the hit. I always hated that guy.

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Another one of Cowher's character guys :steelers:

4. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

5. buickrob

buickrob New Member

Jets bills in 91 or 92 I think. I was a bout 13 years old and spilled hot chocolate on my glove and remember to this day that it froze by the time I went to lick it off :) ha, I'll never forget that.

6. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

November 1995 against the Bills. The Jets lost a close one. Cold.

1996-current, we became season ticket holders.

7. quadcityjetsfan76

I have only attended 2. I am from Illinois so that gives me some sort of excuse. My first Jets game almost wasn't. A couple buddies and I went to a pre-season Jets at Bears game. The 3 of us cashed out a 30 pack before we hit Joliet, about 2 hours, then stopped at a bar and contemplated going to the 2nd game of a White Sox double header. what can I say, the beers were flowing. We made it to the game in the 3rd Q, Ray Lucas was in and the Jets were mopping the floor. At least we had time to grab a couple beers. the regular season game was bad. It was Jets/Bears in Champaign. You know, the one that Chrebet tried to be the acrobatic hero? Needless to say the experience was not great, but definitely memorable. A lot of beer and obscenities thrown at me after the game. It was a bus trip so all I could do was take it. I wonder what would have happened if the Jets won?

8. jetsyoung

jetsyoung New Member

November '74 at the Yale bowl - still remember Namath "rushing" for a TD and we beat the Giants in OT. My Dad then bought great seats at Shea for the 75 season - been inthe family ever since. We had great seats at Shea - 7th row behind the Jets bench. They were field level so had to stand most of the games to see over the players. Great memories as a kid but it was always freezing with the wind blowing in from the open end of the stadium and having to stand in ankle deep water as the bathrooms were always flooded! The banners were great though - all over the place -not like now where we can't bring signs into the stadium.

9. Maynard13

Maynard13 New Member

Jets-Raiders AFL Championship Game

My first Jets game was the 1968 AFL Championship Game, before SuperBowl III. My brother waited on line for tickets that Monday, and we bought 3 individual seats scattered around the stadium (all that was left). I sat next to a businessman-type, with a satchel filled with booze. He knew very little about football, but was convinced that the Jets would kill the Colts, but not the Browns, if we met them in the Super Bowl. Back then, the NFL was so arrogant that they played their championship game at the same time as the AFL, figuring that would kill AFL ratings. But we had the "Heidi Game" rematch, so our game was more popular. With each Colts' score on the board as our game was being played, some around us mumbled, "Maybe we should lose. The Colts will kill us in the Super Bowl." But this inebriated business guy kept screaming, "Yes! We will kill the Colts. I am glad they are winning!" You all know about the game, a 27-23 Jets win. I had the perfect view of the lateral pass with 2 minutes to go when the Raiders were first and 10 inside our 20. I was screaming "Lateral!" Truth be known, that was the dumbest play call I ever saw. They were marching relentlessly up field and looked like an east td coming. Then they call that dumb play. Also, the Raiders covered Don Maynard one-on-one all day, even though he burned them for 228 yards in the Heidi Game earlier in the year. Later in life, I had the good fortune to befriend Gene Upshaw, who was a second year guard for Oakland in that game. I once told him that but for a dumb play selection and ridiculous bad coaching strategy, his team would have been the first AFL team to win a Super Bowl. He said, "I should have 5 rings. Between that and bad referee calls with no replay back then, we were robbed that many times." Al Davis couldn't have said it better. Thank you Weeb, Joe, Don, and the boys. What a great first game to attend!

10. Maynard13

Maynard13 New Member

That Jets-Chargers game in 1965 was outstanding. Saturday night, had to listen on radio. Werblin brought the crowds out and gave the fans hope.

11. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

i was 4 years old had to be 94 maybe even 93, i was born in 90, esiason on cincinatti vs the jets. i was young

12. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

my first game believe it or not was on October 23, 2000. I was 5 years old and i never knew how legendary that game was. most of you know it as "The Monday Night Miracle"

13. keonleafs

keonleafs New Member

Being from Montreal, I attended my first Jets game 2 weeks ago against the Pats. What a game !! To be true, I've never been a Jets fan (neither Titans) since beginning following NFL + AFL football from the early 60's. Was rather a Cowboy fan in the 60's, then a Steeler's fan in the 70's, was even rooting for the Colts vs Namath's Jets. But on September 20th, the Jets fans's frenzy in the parking lots and tailgates around the stadium, completely transformed and changed my alliance. First thing I did upon entering the stadium, bought a Sanchez jersey, and really enjoyed the game, was a great experience with all of you Jets fans. From now on, I will root strickly for the Jets. Saw the game yesterday against the Titans on TV, with my Jets jersey on. Go Go Jets and thanks to all of you super-great Fans!!

14. I Still Heart Chad

My first JETS game was Week September 19th 2009 (Week 2 Pats @ Home) and I couldn't have asked for a better first game, I live in Florida and do not ever get a chance to go to games (i was AT one other JETS game @ Jacksonville a few years back but I was working in the stadium I got to watch 3 Def plays from the field that was awesome) but nothing compares to being at the actual game to watch as a fan. As close as Miami is it's still far enough away to drive and get a hotel it's insane and i'd be alone.

15. jetfan123

jetfan123 Banned

My first game was I think 86 or 87. I met a relative of Joe Klecko in Uppe tier he swore he was related and I didn't trust a word he said ..After game he said he would introduce me ..We all went down where players come on and I got to meet Joe Klecko. then after they had a bbQ in parking lot for the players and families.. Howie Mandell was the entertainer.. I also got to meet ,Al Toon, Marty Lyons, Mark Gastineuo (sorry I Know I did not spell that right LOL), and some others.. Since that day die hard fan .. :)

16. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I don't remember the first game I went to, or probably the first 16+ games I went to. My dad has had season tickets since the 70s so I have been going to every game I can make it to for my entire life. I used to make it to a lot more when I was a kid, but when H.S. started, football and wrestling always interfered on Sundays and I could barely even catch a game on TV. Now that real life has started and I live in Virginia, I'm lucky to make it to 3 games + 1 preseason game each year. Someone in my family always goes to the game and uses all 6 tickets we have.

17. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Jets vs. Jaguars 2005

Lost in overtime, sat in the upper deck around the 30 yard line. I just remember it was a lot different than a baseball game

18. MoLewisSoNasty

MoLewisSoNasty New Member

JETS VS COLTS 1996
    Home opener and Keyshawn Johnson's 1st TD Rec.

21-7 Loss

My father took me when I was 7 years old and I'll never forget it. There was an even a delay due to severe lightning storms in the area.

19. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

1994 Phins Jets the FAKE SPIKE GAME!!! I was 8 years old what a way to become a fan :jets:

20. CraigF1210

CraigF1210 Member

as sad as this is, the game against the Bills this year, then again it gives me hope for sanchez, I saw Lebron when he was a rookie in LA when he scored 4 pts against the clippers, I can say when I go to a game the rookie future stars suffer