First Jet Game You Attended

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by JIMsection323, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I remember that game, the Pats had beaten us 56-3 in Week 2. Playing on the long grass at Shea slowed down the Pats attack quite a bit. The Jets won their last three that year to get back to 8-8.

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

double post.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Game 5 in '76 at Shea, first win of the season and the Lou Holtz era, vs. the Bills, Namath off the bench to throw a TD and lead the team, then hobble off the field to heroes applause.

Once the needle goes in, it never comes out.

4. Downunder

Downunder Member

Is it possible to get tickets to a game, I am thinking of going to America next year

5. ........

........ Trolls

Allegedly, I went to one game at Shea. 1983 against Seattle for my 4th birthday. I don't remember a thing about it. The first game I can remember somewhat clearly was the 86 playoff game against the Chiefs. Someone returned a pick for a TD, but I don't remember who.

6. Italian Seafood

Yes, none are available just to buy at the box office, but there are a few ways. Stubhub is probably the easiest if you don't live in the country.

7. Italian Seafood

Kevin McArthur, #57 I think. I was sitting in the 200 section above the end zone where he scored.

8. Downunder

Downunder Member

Thanks Italian Seafood, appreciate the help

9. In Mangini We Trust

In Mangini We Trust New Member

first Jets game I ever went to was the playoff clincher in 2002 vs green bay...we dominated the whole game and won 42-17 (i think)...the only thing i will ever thank New England for is beating miami that weekend in the 1oclock game to give us a chance in the 415 game vs green bay to lock up the division

10. slowmoe57

slowmoe57 New Member

oooops on my part --- to many beers and weed fog my memory sometime -- someone made a big play that day on defence -- you guys have alot better memory than me -- now when the fuck did I become a Mo Lewis fan --
    my guess now is sometime after 91 --

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

1984 Jets vs. New England in Foxboro Stadium. The first time I saw them at the Meadowlands was in 1994 vs. the Lions the day Art Monk set the consecutive games with a catch record.

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

John Hall with the game winner. Parcells gives Vinny a hug after the game. I think he whispers in his ear (we are getting rid of that over paid clown O'Donnell...be ready for my phone call)

13. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

i was at this game i think. Did it rain like heavy during the first half?? if so i remember sitting in section 300 something. and my brother was in a box suite he didnt even invite me in until after the rain was over. They won in OT.

14. irishkevin

irishkevin New Member

first game/shea memories

I was 8 when I saw a game in 1981, Jets lost the seahawks 19-3.
    Freeman was hurt and Billy Taylor had a few carries.

In 1983, I went to the last game at Shea. I remember being cold and asking my dad for a hot chocolote, his friend gave me peppermint shnaps!

15. Deestheman

Deestheman New Member

Hey all, I'm new. My first game will be this Sun against the Steelers.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

You are correct, that is the game Pat Ryan had the big QB draw on a 4th down that really got us going en route to the big win.

Darell Davis made the big play recovering the Moon fumble in the EZ for the TD.

It was a monsoon much of the first half then in OT the sun actually came out. Crazy day, we were in 1st place after that game- the first time that late in a season since 1986. It was a great feeling leaving that bulding, 10 years sure goes by fast.

17. woutervz

woutervz Member

Unfortunately my first game was also my only game yet :sad: , but that game was amazing it was the 2002 Jets vs Broncos. That game had huge play-off implactions and was ended by a John McGraw interception :grin:

18. GeorgeCoztanza

GeorgeCoztanza New Member

The Oilers killed the Jets at my first game during the 1-15 1996 season. It was a rainy day. I saw Neil O'Donnell slip while warming up and hurt his calf. He missed the rest of the year.

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I was young, my Dad took me to Shea, Oct 77, Jets vs Raiders .....Jets lost 28-27 on a Leahy missed extra point. Wesley Walker caught an 80 Yard bomb from Todd...that's when I became a Huge WW85 Fan. The Jets were huge underdogs to the World Champion Raiders and really outplayed them. It was a great game.

20. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

I'm originally from NYC, been a jets fan for as long as i can remember, lived in Miami since '89 hating the dolphins every step of the way. That game on 12/2 was my first nfl game that i've attended. All i can say is that it was awesome, energy was incredible, and a boatload of x-new yorkers, wearing green and white. I witnessed 2 different fights between Jets and Dophins fans, I hear that it's a regular thing when the jets come down. That's how much bad blood there is between the 2 teams, and there fans. Believe me, I've indured alot since '89 from these sorry dolfans.
    The funniest thing about the game was the confused look on all the dolphins fans faces when the jets came out with there throwbacks. Some actually began to doubt that there were actually at a Jets/Dolphins game.
    I'm a big fan of the J-e-t-s, and after that day I love my team more than ever. And I promise i will attend every game the the jets come down for every year from here on out. Tail-gating and all.