First 3 things Gase needs to do

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Jan 10, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yeah, their defense this year is a major reason why they are still playing. Giant improvement from where they were under Pagano. I wouldn't be surprised if they knock off Kansas City. Idk who their defensive coordinator is but he might have a future in this league

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

- Defense was shit with Pagano and Luck
    - Provided 0 help for Luck, just ran him to the ground. He carried the Colts early in his career, before Pagano got fired.

So ask yourself, what did Pagano bring to the Colts?

I think you need a break from posting.

Mr mittens and BrowningNagle like this.
  3. Vader

Vader Member

Lee’s metrics are actually better suited to OLB in a 43. he definitely can’t take the pounding at MIKE thats for sure though. there is no way he’s cut IMO. he’s a solid starter

Mr mittens and Noam like this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

Matt Eberflus will get his soon, the Colts did a great job creating this new defense. Teams aren't throwing it deep cause Malik Hooker is a young great free safety, then obviously you got Leonard (DROTY) and a bunch of unsung guys that just produce. It was a huge improvement.

I am really looking forward to that game. Mahomes and the deep passing game against those safeties.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Colts have a history of pulling out some wacky, improbable playoff wins against the Chiefs

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don't even know how to respond to someone that thinks the Colts OL problems were on Pagano. That's so ignorant that I feel like no matter what I say, you won't listen because you HAVE to just have your mind made up if you're going to run with something as foolish as "Pagano provided 0 help for Luck".

Let's try and get you a little bit of help...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/28/general-manager-candidates-chris-ballard-colts-model

There's a nice little article that details the ridiculous turnaround the Colts have made since Ballard took over... which is a year in which Pagano had Jacoby god damn Brissett starting at QB.

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...is-ballard-remade-colts-24-months/2520382002/

81% of the roster has been changed since the start of 2017, where Pagano was slapped with Jacoby Brissett and a god awful roster. They've added pro-bowl OL and LB since Pagano left, addressing their two biggest needs. He drafted Hooker in his first draft as GM, addressing another area of need. He's plucked free agents out of the air and nailed 2nd round picks.

Now let's look at some criticisms of their old GM, Ryan Grigson:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/6...offseason-colts-ryan-grigson-era-chuck-pagano

[/quote]This year, Indianapolis is hoping a change in management can put the team back on the upward trajectory that defined Andrew Luck’s first three seasons in the league. The Colts were on a Super Bowl path from 2012 to 2014, advancing one round further in the playoffs each season before short-sighted free agent signings and a lack of draft prowess crumbled away the team’s championship foundation.[/quote]

I mean if you still think that Pagano is to blame for their OL that got the franchise QB damn near killed, I'll stop responding.

7. 101GangGreen101

1. Who said the issues were all offensive line? All the Colts did with Luck was drop-back and pass, there was no run game, no balanced offense. They literally rode Luck's back to the playoffs. Pagano did him no favors.

2. I don't care about the Ballard article and I will tell you why. All of that was hindsight. They obviously fucked up with Luck's development. Kudos for them in terms of changing things up. Ballard is a good GM. Reich is a good coach, far better then Pagano.

So again I ask you, what did Pagano bring to the table? Who on D did they develop? Who on O outside of Luck did they develop? The regime was pretty awful, so I give you that GM being crap as well, in reality they both sucked.

8. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Hey now, the Colts let Future Hall of Famer Ben Ijalana walk on Pagano's watch.

9. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Ouch

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The players are all bracing themselves for a 180 change in Coaching personality

Let these Hot Tub boys be put on Notice...

Now that I think about it, I would rather run the risk of alienating some personalities IF they still play hard and win...but if you continue to lose that's another story

So far ..so good

BTW the Jets have never had a Top 3 Priority list...it's always been at least 30

#50 NYJetsO12, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Wait so the Jets are a baseball team?

NYJetsO12 and CotcheryFan like this.
  12. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

hilarious........lol!

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

One bourbon